• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

JHall

is this the urn?

25180990.jpg

I'd like another Zanzibar remake so +1 vote to that.

Sidewinder would be cool too. Turf and Terminal could be cool, but I won't be pioneering for either of them.

And let's bring back Boarding Action.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Terminal gets my vote. We need more maps with active elements in the environment. Terminal would work with AAs too.

I'd love to see Zanzibar back too. Maybe a slight bit bigger.

Fuchsdh

That's crazy. I might have to force myself to learn how to use After Effects provided it won't melt my computer with RAM requirements. That would handle about 75% of the video editing required for it too, geez.

You really should. Sony Vegas will only hold you back, but After Effects* will set you free.

*And a decent NLE. If you get Production, you're buying Premiere too, and it's pretty decent. Students get massively steep discounts on software, so the best time to be legit and buy it is right before you graduate.

CyReN

Just curious what are you guys expecting though? He doesn't have some secret copy of Halo 4 stashed away ready to reveal.

Fuchsdh

Just noticed Dust and Echoes podcast 'tweeted this op-ed about gender issues in games by Goosechecka. What stopped me was the Halo-related part.

Even when you think of strong female characters in video games, such as Kat from Halo: Reach, the influence of a male dominated world-view is inescapable. Yes, Kat was strong and smart and badass with her one robotic arm. She, more or less, commanded the troops and came up with all of the plans. Then she died. She died in the worst possible way imaginable to any soldier. When Kat died, you were supposed to feel sad with the music evoking a sense of tragic loss. Personally, I was pissed. All of the other Spartans receive glorious, heroic deaths – Carter kamikazies into a Scarab, Emile fires the MAC gun with a sword sticking out of his chest, George dies arming a bomb that destroys an entire Covenant crusier. And Kat? She gets shot in the back from a random patrol.
--http://www.pmsclan.com/content.php?task=detail&pid=645

Seems to me like she's reading a bit too much into it. Kat didn't die because she was stupid, as she goes on to intimate, she was gunned down by someone specifically trying to kill her (although sadly that plot point was lost.) There are a host of reasons to be upset about Reach's characters, but how Kat died isn't one of them (I've heard lots of people complain about how Carter just suicided for no good reason, meanwhile.)

Also, is Kat a worse driver than marines, or is the Noble Effect just distorting perceptions?

Just noticed Dust and Echoes podcast 'tweeted this op-ed about gender issues in games by Goosechecka. What stopped me was the Halo-related part.

Seems to me like she's reading a bit too much into it. Kat didn't die because she was stupid, as she goes on to intimate, she was gunned down by someone specifically trying to kill her (although sadly that plot point was lost.) There are a host of reasons to be upset about Reach's characters, but how Kat died isn't one of them (I've heard lots of people complain about how Carter just suicided for no good reason, meanwhile.)

Also, is Kat a worse driver than marines, or is the Noble Effect just distorting perceptions?

Kinda got a point though, now that I think about it.

I remember thinking something similar back when I played. Every other death was a "Damn, that was badass" or "Good way to go.", but for Kat it was just, "Dang. That sucks. Oh well."

Not because I didn't like her as a character, but because it was just a lame death compared to the others.

Hopefully the books tie in more to the games in this trilogy. Having
Linda, Kelly, or Naomi
in the reclaimer trilogy would silence the haters about not having strong women in the games. All three are bonafide badasses.

EDIT: Forgot a lot of people like to tag stuff on this forum. Not sure if it's a spoiler or not but I thought I'd do it anyway.

kylej

Banned
um are those kids actually playing one flag 8v8 Boardwalk with radar competitively. like, really competitively.

BTB.net - For when MLG is just too damn hard.

Is it bad that I've never played SM64?
It's worth experiencing. The art design for some of the levels is so bizarre compared to what you'd see in a Mario game now, and it plays differently than the Galaxy games in how its level design is approached. Definitely one of my favourite Mario games.

I have never beat Ocarina of Time. My save got lost while I was in the Shadow Temple. Haven't played it since.
Honestly you're not missing out much. Having been on a Zelda splurge this year and playing through LttP - Wind Waker, I'm so far in the middle of WW and can say OoT is the worst of the 3D Zeldas so far.

Suuuuuuurrrrrreeeee - I saved the film anyway. Bregman, Prinz Eugn and myself won the game 3v4 without your lame ass. Epic comeback and whatnot.

But if biggy watches my play in that game he will just start throwing up again...so it's probably best if he doesn't see it.

Good Games biggy, biggy's stomach, ExWife, and Prinz.

Top Bottom