• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Goku: Midnight Eye

WQKIdl.png
YFGQXl.png
jg0Ebl.png

Good stuff. Not a lot to say otherwise as it's Kawajiri manime. If you like Wicked City or Ninja Scroll, it's very much in the same vein.
His mysterious power up was goofy as hell.
There's also a plot point that's up there with the Dog Soldier AIDS vaccine nonsense.

Necrovex

Sword Art Online 8

sword-art-online-ep-8-pre-release-005-614x345.jpg

This was a great episode. SAO seems to be inconsistent when it comes to have great episodes and then having mediocrity. The more screentime Asuna acquires, the better the show becomes. Yup, Team Asuna Go!

Kirito is starting to notice Asuna as a woman, as he should. I didn't expect them to be in the game for over two years. First boob grab of the series, it's about time! I wish cooking was as simplistic in real life as it is in SOA; I would be super healthy if that was the case. I dig the duel feature.

When Asuna suggested marriage, I started to wonder if intercourse was actually an ability in SAO. And I'm getting some Final Fantasy Tactics vibes from some of SAO's themes.

Edit: This post has turned me into a member instead of a junior. Thank you, Sword Art Online. More importantly, thank you, Asuna.

Sword Art Online 8

When Asuna suggested marriage, I started to wonder if intercourse was actually an ability in SAO. And I'm getting some Final Fantasy Tactics vibes from some of SAO's themes.

Edit: This post has turned me into a member instead of a junior. Thank you, Sword Art Online. More importantly, thank you, Asuna.

Congrats for the promotion.

anyway
Intercourse is indeed an hability in Sao. I'm not kidding

Necrovex

Congrats for the promotion.

anyway
Intercourse is indeed an hability in Sao. I'm not kidding

At least, Kirito can get some practice before returning to the real world without risk of getting a STD or a child. I really hope a woman cannot get pregnant in SAO.

duckroll

Trigger Waifu Online - Episode 8

Pretty good episode. Too bad it was focused on such an aggressive and unwomanly waifu candidate. At least the show is proving that the only thing she's good at is cooking. Unlike the amazing True and Proper Waifu Silica who even at a tender young age has the motivation the train in amazing skills like Monster Taming. In some alternate reality, this would have been a Triple-S class episode where Kirito (Batman) and Silica (Dragon Girl) spend time together training her dragon and then defeating a boss with it. Alas, such is not the world we live in... :(

wonzo

Banned
it's that time of the season folks

time to post your nerd lists for nerd listwars

Still Airing

Space Bros
Polar Bear Cafe
Ginga e Kickoff!!
Hunter X Hunter 2011
Smile PreCure!
Saint Seiya Omega
Tanken Driland
(?)
Ribbon-chan (?)
Poyopoyo (?)
Kuromajo-san ga Tooru! (?)
Kingdom ( :( )

New Stuff:

Magi
Jormungand S2
HidaSketch x Honeycomb
(gotta watch the rest first)
Robotics;Notes
Chuunibyou
JoJo
From the New World
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Kyousogiga 2
Little Busters
(wwwwwwwwww)

Will Wait For Impressions:

Litchi*Hikari Club
PSYCHO-PASS
Girls und Panzer
Zetsuen no Tempest
(it's ANDO but the manga sounds bad)
Haitai Nanafa

survivor

Banned
I don't have time to make detailed list but these are the anime that I will definitely watch at least one episode cause I'm very intrigued by the premise/studio

Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
KyoAni anime

And of course anime of the season TLRD

There are other stuff that interest me but I'd rather wait for impressions plus I know I will drop most of them so I'd rather not start watching a lot of shows.

At least, Kirito can get some practice before returning to the real world without risk of getting a STD or a child. I really hope a woman cannot get pregnant in SAO.
it's like you haven't seen the countless doujins the comiket have given us this summer.

If players can get pregnant in SAO, do they give birth to an NPC?
Intercourse is possible BUt you cannot get pregnant.

That won't stop kirito and asuna to have a child in Sao .

duckroll

Is the film going to be a rehash of the first half of the season? Or is it a legitimate sequel?

There are 3 movies. The first 2 which are coming out in October are just a rehash of the TV series, but they'll open the way for the third movie which is a brand new Homura focused sequel.

Jarmel

Banned
Welp in that case,

Will Definitely Watch:

Psycho-Pass
K
Robotics
SAO
Magi
Chuunibyou

Might drop mid-way through season if I fall behind:

Zetsuen
Jormungand(Only God knows why)
Sakurasao

Might Watch Just to See if They Fuck Up:
Little Busters

Wait for Impressions/Very likely won't watch:
Shin Sekai Yori
Girls und Panzer

Necrovex

There are 3 movies. The first 2 which are coming out in October are just a rehash of the TV series, but they'll open the way for the third movie which is a brand new Homura focused sequel.

I'm all in. At the very least, I'm expecting some more kick-ass music from these films. Thanks for the answer, Duck.

duckroll

Oh it's Fall 2012 list wars again? I wanna play too!

I'll be watching:
- Magi
- Zetsuen no Tempest
- From the New World
- Psycho-Pass
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
- KyoAni Crazy Girl Show
- Robotics;Notes
- K
- Girls und Panzer
- Gyrozetter
- Kyousogiga 2

I might also check out some other shows if people I trust tell me it's good!

Also, carry over shows which will still be airing in Fall:
- Saint Seiya Omega
- Sword Art Online

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Most Anticipated - From the New World & Magi, Kyousogiga 2
Looking forward to checking out the first episode of at the very least - Psycho-pass, Robotic;notes, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Chuunibyou, Jo-jo bizarre adventure, Zetsun no tempest.

Soma

Hyped for:

Magi
I've been enjoying the manga a lot lately. Just started volume 3. The characters from the preview images have some weirdly huge teeth but I'm hoping the show is as good as the manga.

Chuunibro
Eyepatch Moé is my favorite Moé.

Robotics;Notes
The PV looks really promising and the premise sounds fun. The character designs are a little generic compared to Steins;Gate (from the VN at least) but the animation looks pretty great.

From the New World
Really impressed from the preview video.

Kyousogiga
I liked the first episode a lot.

At least I think I did.

It looked cool at least!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
I've been meaning to get into this series for a while anyhow.

To Love-Ru Darkness
Because reasons.

Might also check out:

Zetsuen no Tempest
Little Busters
K
Girls Und Panzer
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Necrovex

Well, it's time to keep a close eye on this thread. I'm going to watch very closely on my fellow Gaffers of which new anime is worth watching. I won't have to worry about going through filth.

Robotics;Notes, from the people who did Steins;Gate?

Edit: Answered my own question, I know what anime I'll be watching now!

It hasn't been that long since the last time we did this. Oh well.

Interested in:
Robotics;Note
From the New World
Tonari no Kobatsu-kun

Will read impressions:
Chuunibyou
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Zetsuen no Tempest
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Girls und Panzer
Robotics;Notes, from the people who did Steins;Gate?
Different and much better studio. Same lead writer.

Super Mega Anticipating

Magi
JoJo (but not right away)

Aniticpating

Medaka Box s2
Hayate
To Love Ru Darkness
Zetsuen
Robotics;Note
K

Might check out

Pyscho Pass
Gyrozetter
Litchi Hikari Club

Hatewatch

Code:Breaker

time to post your nerd lists for nerd listwars

I was almost like we just did this recently (Aug 11, pg 211) but then that wasnt about the anime for the upcoming season...

New:
Bakuman s3 - favorite anime of a manga
Resident Evil: Damnation
Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter
Code:Breaker
Hiiro no Kakera 2
Ixion Saga DT - seems like pure fun
Jormungand: Perfect Order
K - all the characters except for the girl in that awkward post on the site look awesome
Little Busters!
Magi
Medaka Box 2
Psycho-Pass - Akira Amano/Hibari look alike, win
Robotics;Notes -
Zetsuen no Tempest - looks like the best of the season

Continuing: Area no Kishi, Fairy Tail, Ginga e Kickoff, Hunter x Hunter, Kingdom, Kokoro Connect, Gundam Seed HD, Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Saint Seiya Omega, Sket Dance, Toriko, Tanken Driland, Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Rewatching: Bleach, Guilty Crown, Mirai Nikki, Persona 4 Animation, Soul Eater

Starting Soon: Monochrome Factor, Blue Submarine No. 6

Finishing Up: Phantom Requiem for the Phantom, Mawaru Penguindrum

Kusagari

Kokoro Connect 8

I'm glad to see an episode finally tackle Taichi. He was a real douche this episode, especially considering his outburst against
Aoki
wasn't an episode.

I can only hope that the fact they've touched upon Aoki's uselessness means that they're going to actually do something about it.

But I'm worried they won't. It's clear that the main focus of this show is on the love triangle.

It hasn't been that long since the last time we did this. Oh well.

Interested in:
Robotics;Note
From the New World
Tonari no Kobatsu-kun

Will read impressions:
Chuunibyou
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Zetsuen no Tempest
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Girls und Panzer

Different and much better studio. Same lead writer.

You won't like Jojo or Magi.

Soma

Ah right, totally forgot about Medaka Box S2.

Even if Kumagawa shows up or not I'm really looking forward to the
Zenkichi vs. Munakata
fight.

And for Naze!

Branduil

Some stuff I found interesting from the interview with Taku Kishimoto, the screenwriter for Bunny Drop. It talks some about the first episode so I guess if you want absolute zero "spoilers" don't read it:

This was my first job as a screenwriter. I didn't even understand what "series composition" entailed. I didn't quite know what it meant to turn an original comic into a screenplay. It was cocky of me, but I didn't want to simply follow the original comic. Initially, I ignored the original work and submitted a screenplay that was vastly different. I'm embarrassed to say it, but I am fond of live-action films, so I went after more realistic expressions of emotion. For example, after the funeral, Rin went to Daikichi's home home and slept through the night. The first words out of her mouth were "I'm hungry." I thought to myself, this girl lost her family just two or three days ago. She wakes up in an unfamiliar house and her first words are "I'm hungry"? Wouldn't it be more realistic if she started crying? When I submitted my screenplay for review to the director and producers, the entire room froze. They went "What is this crap?" An understandable reaction(laughs).

Anyway, when I finished the first episode of Bunny Drop, I thought I full understood the realism in the title's world. But it took much longer for me to really understand it at an instinctual level. No matter how many times I wrote it, I couldn't make a screenplay that followed the original comic. Despite that, the staff members all continued to read my proofs and gave me constructive criticism each time. They were all very patient with me.

The fact that we had heated, albeit constructive, arguments provided a strong foundation for the screenplay. I'm being interviewed here as the "screenwriter" (which I know is more than I deserve), but Bunny Drop is the fruit of the labors of all the reviewers who read my screenplays.

When selecting what to include or discard from the original comic, or even writing completely original parts, I didn't simply follow the story, but instead focused on "the feelings or raising a child" or "expressing the feelings of a child. When I say that, I mean like seeing or hearing those funny little words that kids say and things they do. I interviewed fellow parents and made a collection of those little things. I made sure to read them at my desk every morning. I rarely used any of the examples as-is, but it provided me with so much inspiration for what it means to be "childish."

Minor episode 9 spoilers: The part I had the most fun with was
the storm in episode nine. After reading the original comic, I wanted to write an episode about typhoons. Kids always get excited when typhoons come around, and I think adults have forgotten how to enjoy that.

The entire interview is much longer, I just transcribed the parts I found really interesting. Remember, writing doesn't matter in anime.

Novid

Banned
Trigger Waifu Online - Episode 8

Pretty good episode. Too bad it was focused on such an aggressive and unwomanly waifu candidate. At least the show is proving that the only thing she's good at is cooking. Unlike the amazing True and Proper Waifu Silica who even at a tender young age has the motivation the train in amazing skills like Monster Taming. In some alternate reality, this would have been a Triple-S class episode where Kirito (Batman) and Silica (Dragon Girl) spend time together training her dragon and then defeating a boss with it. Alas, such is not the world we live in... :(

So you like skyrim dont you.

Kusagari

Ah right, totally forgot about Medaka Box S2.

Even if Kumagawa shows up or not I'm really looking forward to the
Zenkichi vs. Munakata
fight.

And for Naze!

Naze and that fight are probably the only reasons I'll watch it. Hoping for some Kumagawa trolling at the end, even if season 3 will never happen.

Really looking forward to:

From the New World - Critically acclaimed source material, appealing sci-fi premise, skilled staff, good looking PV. I have total confidence in this.

Looking forward to:

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - I was initially skeptical but the trailer has me interested. Give me some well-animated crazy people and delusional action, KyoAni!
Hidamari Sketch S4 - For my needed dose of sunshine.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - I hope the anime staff can pull this off (and get to the later arcs).
Magi - Haven't read the manga but like what I've heard from those who have, generally like the character designs and the couple seconds of footage we have is good, the production seems to be taking this very seriously, looking forward to some adventure!
Psychopass - Gen Urobuchi + Naoyoshi Shiotani + cool sci-fi premise.
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - Good director + colorful, lively visuals + sucker for shoujo romance.

Will watch first episode of:

Gyrozetter - Duckroll convinced me.
Ixion Saga - For Gintama's sake.
K - I'm not fond of the color/character design and I don't have faith that the story or characters will be compelling, but I did like the animation and camera work in the trailers.
Kamisama Hajimemashita - Shoujo sucker + Akitarou Daichi seems to be well-regarded, even if Poyopoyo's the only thing of his I've seen.
Kyousogiga ONA - If it's more coherent.
Robotics;Notes - I like the look of the show and the premise of building a robot.
Sukitte Ii na yo - Shoujo sucker.
Zetsuen no Tempest - For Masahiro Ando's sake.

Continuing shows I intend to continue/catch up on:

Ginga e Kickoff
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Poyopoyo
Saint Seiya Omega - good episodes only
Space Bros
Toriko
Yurumates 3D - I wish. :(

Also I'll hopefully finally get to see Letter to Momo and Niji-Iro Hotaru when they get their disc release.

Novid

Banned
Some stuff I found interesting from the interview with Taku Kishimoto, the screenwriter for Bunny Drop. It talks some about the first episode so I guess if you want absolute zero "spoilers" don't read it:

The entire interview is much longer, I just transcribed the parts I found really interesting. Remember, writing doesn't matter in anime.

of course it does matter. they do have to have a script now do they?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I don't know why, but I'm really excited for From the New World for some reason. It looks pretty weird. I might actually even watch it as it's airing.
Yeah it's easily my most anticipated show of the season. It reminds me of a classic mid 2000 science-fiction animu like dennou coil or something, just has that feel to it for me.

Necrovex

Everyone else is doing it, so I'll make a list too.

Will Watch:
Robotic;Notes
Jojo (if the show is starting at the beginning of the manga)
Sword Art Online

Will wait on for impressions:
Magi
Monsuno
Little Busters
The new Kyoto anime show
Shin Sekai Yori

Watching;

Magi
Robotics;Notes
Psycho Pass
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun