• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

EDIT: top of the page so uhhh

still waiting for my order to be shipped

Ironic: While keeping the game running, I hit the PS button to drop to the dashboard, or whatever it's called, expecting it to go to sleep after a few minutes like usual. It didn't, and ran its battery completely dry.

I don't get it...

Live area, not dashboard, if you care to know the right name. :D

But I've never had that happen to me before, maybe it's because I manually put it into sleep mode...

mehdi_san

Still no shipping notice, I hate you Amazon JP. You brought me NSMB2 on release day when I didn't even care about that game, why couldn't you do the same this time??
Grabbing the digital version off the PSN store at lunch break I think, just 3h to wait...

the delivery man passed ..but there was no one at home to take the package

My anger ... went off the charts for a second .

i called in to take a day off ..tomorrow ...

sooon soooon...this game will be mine

the delivery man passed ..but there was no one at home to take the package

My anger ... went off the charts for a second .

i called in to take a day off ..tomorrow ...

sooon soooon...this game will be mine

That sucks! D:

I made sure to pay a little extra to get it a tiny bit faster and to prevent this.

mehdi_san

There is also some free wallpaper on the store too, downloading now. At first I thought it was some day 1 DLC because of the icon
Should have tried reading more carefully. It's just a scanned image of the game box art....

yyr

But I've never had that happen to me before, maybe it's because I manually put it into sleep mode...

How...does one do this?

R_thanatos: this is why I have all of my packages shipped to my job...don't know if that works in your situation, but if so, it's something to try =)

Anyway...I used Challenge Items constantly in PD extend to get unlocks quicker, so naturally I checked them out right away. You don't stock them this time; you buy them right before using them from the song introduction screen. If anyone's curious, here's what you've got this time around. I can't guarantee that the descriptions are 100% accurate, but they're my best educated guess after using them:

Item 1 (1000 DP*): Doubles DP earned, but the note markers appear much later than usual, shortly before you have to actually hit the notes. Think Sudden mode from most Bemani games. Personally, I think this is the hardest one to use =\
Item 2 (1000 DP*): Doubles DP earned, but your life gauge never increases. It starts at 50% like usual and can only go down.
Item 3 (2000 DP*): Same as Item 2, except your life gauge starts at 25%. You earn 3x the normal DP.
Item 4 (3000 DP*): Quadruples DP earned. The life gauge can go up again, but it will decrease for ANY judgments below Cool. Yep, Fine and Safe will drain it too. (It's not by a huge amount; if your accuracy is decent, you should be fine.)

* These DP costs are for NORMAL difficulty. Items apparently cost more on higher difficulties. On HARD they cost 2000/2000/4000/7000; on EXTREME, 3000/4000/5000/10000.

Once you start the song, the points are spent, so they'll be lost if you quit the song early (or fail, of course). The amount you earn from a song seems very similar to PD extend.

I've gotten used to the timing, I think. It still feels a bit off but I'm just playing visually. I don't see any sort of adjustment in Options.

Oh, and the vocals are keysounded. And difficulty ratings can use half-stars now. Cat Food is rated a 7.5 on EXTREME, for example.

87 min remaining... Faster!!!
Disappointed it's not 3939mb though, it's 2647mb

They can't do the same joke twice ... especially with a device with limited memory space this time.

@yyr
i would have done that if the delivery man had contacted me. ( they only do when i have something extra to pay )

Nisa65

P1010473.jpg

Picked mines up from Geo today. Got a free folder thing and Vita skin.

mehdi_san

Played for 2h straight. GOTY2012. AR mode is really fun. UI is so much easier to use than before. Disappointed you don't unlock anything by having a Diva 2nd or Extend save file on the Vita :(

Deeku

Played for 2h straight. GOTY2012. AR mode is really fun. UI is so much easier to use than before. Disappointed you don't unlock anything by having a Diva 2nd or Extend save file on the Vita :(
Not even extra credits or a crummy room item? Bummer!

Oh and I saw playasia had the miku wifi vita for like $750 lol...:/

Couple questions for those that actually have the game. How invasive are the touch elements? To be more specific can you use button controls on menus or is it forced touch? Are the touch notes part of a seperate mode or are they everywhere? Can you use rear touch? I'm conflicted since I love the Miku games but hate Touch screen usage.

mehdi_san

Couple questions for those that actually have the game. How invasive are the touch elements? To be more specific can you use button controls on menus or is it forced touch? Are the touch notes part of a seperate mode or are they everywhere? Can you use rear touch? I'm conflicted since I love the Miku games but hate Touch screen usage.
In the options you can map the new "star" notes to the front touch only, back only, or both. But you can't use buttons. They're everywhere, in every songs. I hated it at first, now I really like it. It reminds of Rhythm Heaven Gold (on DS) that introduced scratches that were very similar. The big star at the end of every chance zone especially feels really good, if you nail it correctly you get the alternate visual ending (like fireworks etc...)

I've never really played any of the Project Diva games, despite being an avid fan of music games.
Tried the demo out and really enjoyed it. Might take the plunge myself.

Luigi87

Since I can't import DIVA f anytime soon, I reformatted my memory card to try out the demo.
...Not like I'm playing anything else on Vita right now <_<

I'm checking Diva Room and there doesn't seem to be an image gallery this time, I liked how in Project Diva Extend you could set the game to show only the loading screens you tell it to. Anyone found that option?

Wait, you could do that in Extend? I spent ages going through the menus to see if Extend had a loading screen viewer the same as the original Project Diva did, but I never found anything.

In the options you can map the new "star" notes to the front touch only, back only, or both. But you can't use buttons. They're everywhere, in every songs. I hated it at first, now I really like it. It reminds of Rhythm Heaven Gold (on DS) that introduced scratches that were very similar. The big star at the end of every chance zone especially feels really good, if you nail it correctly you get the alternate visual ending (like fireworks etc...)

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear you can use the rear touch. Still not thrilled with the addition but I'm sure I'll eventually get used to it.

Wonko_C

Wait, you could do that in Extend? I spent ages going through the menus to see if Extend had a loading screen viewer the same as the original Project Diva did, but I never found anything.

Yep, you had to go into Diva Room and one of the options was for the image gallery, you could unlock 2 special videos there that were the intros from PD2nd and Extend but actually voiced.

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear you can use the rear touch. Still not thrilled with the addition but I'm sure I'll eventually get used to it.

the touch notes were the things i wasn't happy when annonced ..but now that i've tried a few songs ..i kinda like them ..
Way less obtrusive than expected ...suprisingly fun in some songs so far.

----------
This game is ... awesome

Sirenja

Banned
Preordered from yesasia in April with Express shipping - it´s not even shipped yet....
Needless to say that i will never order there again -.-

For those wondering ...

Here are the trophies :

Gold
- Clear all normal
- Clear all hard
- Get all Chance Time
- Get all modules
- Get all DIVA Room events

Silver
- Watch all PVs
- Max friendship with Miku
- Max friendship with Rin
- Max friendship with Len
- Max friendship with Luka
- Max friendship with Kaito
- Max friendship with Meiko
- Upload one edit data
- Get all room themes
- Get all furniture
- Get all gift items
- Play the staff roll mini-game

Bronze
- Clear the tutorial
- Play all characters in Free Play
- Collect all artwork
- Visit at least once all the DIVA rooms
- Hey! Look over there (Rock Paper Scissor game) Straight win
- Use kitchen timer for more than 3 minutes
- Player has stopped the alarm
- Watch all Live AR
- Created one Edit Data
- Played your favorite Edit
- Inputted your Profile

As you can see there is no trophy for extreme difficulty

i repeat : No trophy for extreme difficulty !!!
i guess they have seen that only 1 person got the platinium for diva theater 2nd ... and gave us a list less extreme

Wonko_C

I'm glad I was wrong about there being no image gallery, you just have to unlock it and purchase it as a "gadget". (Indicated by a small yellow strip below the item image with katakana on it)

There are A LOT of loading screens this time, I've only unlocked 50% so far. :)

I'm glad I was wrong about there being no image gallery, you just have to unlock it and purchase it as a "gadget". (Indicated by a small yellow strip below the item image with katakana on it)

There are A LOT of loading screens this time, I've only unlocked 50% so far. :)

Good to know .. i ve yet to check those out ( there is a lot to do )
Now it's even easier to export those images as wallpapers..

Well AmiAmi finally shipped my order, now I just have to wait 4 more weeks until it arrives - I suppose at least there will be a menu translation guide by that point :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got my game yesterday with the clear file and the vita sticker.
I hate vocaloids' vocals, but other than that it's really an awesome game and I've cleared all the songs on normal plus my 2 favorites - Himitsu Keisatsu and E? Aa, sou! on Hard.

Too bad the models in the menu are blurred and that the PVs sometimes make it hard to see the symbols...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I received my copy yesterday. This is the first Vocaloid rhythm game I've really played and it's not clicking with me just yet- In most of the songs I played, I found it difficult to get the rhythm down...just wasn't hearing it and ended up using the on-screen timers to match up the icons. Felt like I was just pressing buttons and still ended up with a decent score anyway. :/

I'll put my thoughts in too.

Played through everything on normal and hard, about half the songs cleared on extreme. Absolutely love the PVs this time around, it seems so high budget and the variety is awesome. Having said that, it is weird how the models look blurred or somewhat low-res outside of the songs themselves (when they don't really matter) as there isn't really a reason for that, but it doesn't bother me much.

The music selection is pretty great and includes some old favorites but has some good new music and a pretty eclectic mix. Current favorites are Weekender Girl, E? Aa, Sou., World's End Umbrella, Tengaku, Black Rock Shooter. Some good stuff.

Having said all that, I haven't done much outside of the actual music gameplay itself, so I'll check it out and report back.

Tracking says my copy is at the local sorting office now. Delivery timing is going to be tricky since I have it held at my PO Box (since no one is -ever- available to pick up packages for me), and post office closures have made the local routing much more convoluted. The guy at the PO Box office was nice enough to offer to give me a call if the package gets all the way to there today.

Anyway, some Weekly Diva Station updates~ in chronological order this time, just because.

8/30: Miku on the cover of Famitsu, as drawn by KEI.

8/30: Some extra downloads are now available on the official website:

AR cards
Wallpapers
(matches the protective films)

8/30: Freely Tomorrow video and last round of modules revealed. See Freely Tomorrow on YouTube.

Also, we apparently already knew this, but here's Black Rock Shooter in Project DIVA f:

brs_game.jpg

brs_pv.jpg

And the other song we already knew about:

yume_game.jpg

yume_pv.jpg

And it's going to be a while before I get to do this again...

miku_ap.jpg

rin_ap.jpg

len_ap.jpg

miku_racing.jpg

rin_madou.jpg

luka_yousei.jpg

meiko_bb.jpg

miku_school.jpg

rin_school.jpg

len_boxer.jpg

luka_kyouei.jpg

kaito_half.jpg

meiko_water.jpg

sakine.jpg

8/31: Project DIVA Arcade updated with three songs. Still sort of can be treated as a Dreamy Theater extend preview - Trailer

Top Bottom