• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

The tank's main turret moves much more slowly now. If the driver do not give attention to his radar, the tank will be gone fast.

Just let me clear: Except for the heckfu's donging with it, the tank was gone fast a lot. Exile has tons of areas where you cannot get killed by the tank.

Edit. And yes the Mark VI is in the game.

The tank's main turret moves much more slowly now. If the driver do not give attention to his radar, the tank will be gone fast.

Just let me clear: Except for the heckfu's donging with it, the tank was gone fast a lot. Exile has tons of areas where you cannot get killed by the tank.

Exile is a BTB map right? I'm impressed by the frequency of the engagements in a 5 v 5 scenario.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Would it be safe to assume that this build is very, very close to the final build? It definitely looks like it, but I may be wrong.
sort of but this is also buggy in places because of the bug shutdown window it was pulled from. Plenty left to do. Also fixed all the TV lag this morning. Smh.

u4iX

sort of but this is also buggy in places because of the bug shutdown window it was pulled from. Plenty left to do. Also fixed all the TV lag this morning. Smh.

ETA on when the panel will be uploaded today?

My sleep schedule is pretty terrible at the moment so I'm just trying to plan ahead.

IHaveIce

Banned
Would it be safe to assume that this build is very, very close to the final build? It definitely looks like it, but I may be wrong.

I think so, if you can unlock avatar awards with it already and stuff, it shpould be very close to it.

So does anyone now do some live tweeting or blogging? The video will probably uploaded tuesday judging by the past :/

I like the binary rifle, it's like the AWP from counter strike then.

If the Flag thing will be fixed I'm totally happy with the new stuff. Except some perks, but I have to play it to say how strong they will alter the gameplay.

@Hyper do you have your hoody already?

Edit. And yes the Mark VI is in the game.
d0l2c.gif

Vire

I'm assuming the medals not being in was a bug prevention thing? Or they aren't all done?

Armor and undersuit does look nice, but the matching team color thing is still strange to me. Especially considering it's the same material as the undersuit. Dunno.

Halo 4:
dcpjR.jpg

Quick and dirty edit:

bdIU1.jpg

Solid black seems more traditional. Guess I'm just used to it being that way, so that's why it looks weird to me with the team color.
Your edit looks a lot better, I agree.. I feel it would also work if they made it a slightly different color like how the undersuit on the gloves were silver before.

I bugs me that Eli guy did not use the Boltshot. I want to see that thing in action very badly. Sounds like a beautiful PP/Mauler hybrid. Still a great video though. Not gonna lie, I got a bit antsy towards the end.

Agreed, we need Boltshot action.

Also, welcome back!

Short version.

Does Halo 4 feel like Halo?

No, not really. It's doing its own thing in enough ways - in the audio design, in the way weight and speed and mass and power are conveyed - that the feel is quite unique in the series.

But that's not really the right question. The right question is whether it plays like Halo. And the answer there is for the most part, yes.

Some of the qualifications are important, but that's for another time when it's not so late and I'm not so wiped out, and I can paint a fuller picture.

Hm, you sound kinda torn.. Im interested in reading your more detailed write-up.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I've been MIA today! The interwebs have been so clogged here that no draino can fix.

I'll be working on a write up tomorrow that I'll have posted hopefully early in the evening.

I'll make it short and sweet though...game is absolute fire. All of Team Downer present at the show also agree...it's different, but in an absolutely mind-blowing and stunning way.

Sounds good, looking forward to the bigger write up when it comes.

Holy shit that thing looks powerful. I only wish it visually looked more different than the Light Rifle.

Nice.

At HaloGaf breakfast now. Heading to the Kojima panel and Halo panels today.

I'll get some more 4 pics too.

Cool, have fun today, and keep up with the pics! Also, if you can do videos that would be great as well.

Thank you! Watching it now..

Did anyone catch this yet? found it on reddit. Mark VI

=D

Halogaffers @ PAX- Video cap the armory if possible! Especially the helmets and chest pieces.

kylej

Banned
Yeah.

"It's so much fun this way. So, so fun. Everyone in the office is having fun. No, we can't show you the fun. Or even talk about it. But I'm sure someone, somewhere will capture the fun off-screen at some point and you can draw your own conclusions, unless they're unfavourable conclusions, in which case you'll just have to trust us when we say we're right and you're wrong. Fun fun fun."

Feels like Halo!

10 minute ViDoc? Glorious.
Did anyone catch this yet? found it on reddit. Mark VI
This put a huge grin on my face. I know what armor I'll be using; hopefully it can be unlocked early. But as it is one of the Chief's earlier armor variants, it'll probably one of the more difficult to unlock.

TheOddOne

I thought it was well known that the Mark IV was in the video, it was the first thing that was mentioned in the youtube comments :3

Just now watching the IGN video, did anyone else notice the music that came on as soon as they picked up the flag? If already discussed please slap me and tell me to look back.

This video has the flag cap with the music as they pick up said flag.

beginning of this video shows off a limited jetpack. Looks much better.

Oh, wow, thanks for posting, I don't think they were posted yet.. Them sounds are great! Really punchy.. I like. Also, I really do like the music that plays while you have the flag, definitely adds to to the tension. Finally, the Jetpack looks like it got a HUGE nerf, it seems super slow, heavy and sluggish.

Oh, wow, thanks for posting, I don't think they were posted yet.. Them sounds are great! Really punchy.. I like. Also, I really do like the music that plays while you have the flag, definitely adds to to the tension. Finally, the Jetpack looks like it got a HUGE nerf, it seems super slow, heavy and sluggish.

This is relevant to my interests.

S1kkZ

cant wait for the new vidoc. any chance this gets released for everyone alongside the panel today? i might stay up for it.

Hey guys! Jetpack wasn't nerfed. Spartan IVs are just really fat. Poor spartan IIIs are like string beans compared to the IVs and their bulky-ass equipment.

Whether Chief is also on a diet of Doritos, Steaks and Mountain Dew much like the Infinity simulation troopers is yet to be seen.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's still hard for me to believe that's Steitzer. Sounds like a 343 employee impersonating him. I was hoping it was placeholder or a rough early recording.

kylej

Banned
Still can't get over what a mess that map is. How did we go from the streamlined beauty of Valhalla to a convoluted turd like that.

Caught up with the thread for the most part. I've added everything I think is relevant to the OP, including Der Flat's handy-dandy guide to all the gameplay nuances of Halo 4. No impressions, aside from Hitmonchan's, from what I could see. I'll keep an eye out for them and add them as they come from you guys. Will be nice to have them all in one place.

Still need to watch Bravo's second video and Naked Eli's.

I also found out that the concussion rifle made it into Halo 4 but not the pro-pipe. I am dejected.

It's narrative/story? Fuuuuuuckkk. I love Halo's universe and it's what I'm most excited about for Halo 4.

But it is not what I need to hear from 343 about.. Fuck. I'm sure the vidoc will still be great, but hype deflated for it.

Top Bottom