• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Or we're just making sure we're in proper alignment with all of our PR and messaging folks before talking. It's nothing earth-shattering (rather obvious actually) so no need to go spinning up wild theories. Believe me, I understand your frustrations.

Well there goes my theory. :p

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah that's the obvious answer. The 8 GB required free HDD space implies you install MP and launch it from Disc 1. The game is done now, it would be great to have an answer.

You will not be surprised. There is no particular mystery here. Game is going through certification so your guess is not unreasonable, it just isn't "official" yet.

Overdoziz

Banned
It was a huge issue in Halo 3 BTB. Entire matches revolved around the laser on Valhalla & Standoff. I'm all for set weapons in 4v4, but in BTB? I'm fine with forcing people to move around more.
I'd say that has more to do with the power weapon/map combination than anything. The Laser is incredibly powerful on both Standoff and Valhalla because both of those maps are very open. Same reason you see people waiting in line for the Sniper on Hemorrhage because it's essentially a bunch of a free kills.

FyreWulff

One of my roommates is furious that there won't be a Forge World in Halo 4. How can I explain to him that beyond himself, the majority of other people had huge lag issues?

How many times do people have to explain that Forge World's size had nothing to do with lag issues? Your Xbox is not rendering the parts of FW you can't see.

S1kkZ

Or we're just making sure we're in proper alignment with all of our PR and messaging folks before talking. It's nothing earth-shattering (rather obvious actually) so no need to go spinning up wild theories. Believe me, I understand your frustrations.

its sad that the "reveal" of such a simple thing is dictated by the marketing department.

Havok

To touch on Havok's concern, everyone knows when a drop is coming, so really, it's no fault but their own if they don't head towards it.
I guess, but I think that philosophy works well if it's a neutral location, not deep in one team's territory. Who knows if it's final, but there was a global ordnance laser spawn ten feet from the blue base on Exile where it was a SAW or something minor like that at the beginning of the match. I just don't want to run into a position where something vital to the outcome of a match comes in where I have no feasible way to approach it because it's intrinsically more difficult for me due to where it spawned. I can only speak from my own Valhalla BTB experience, but making a push into the other team's base area and trying to get out quickly seems like it'd be incredibly difficult, especially if they're aware of what I'm going for. It'll certainly be interesting, if nothing else.

I don't think it'll be a common occurrence, to be clear. Just often enough to be annoying when it does.

Now we must wait for Groups to be revealed if that is a Halo 4 or just a Waypoint feature.

the disappointment i would feel if it was a just a waypoint feature..

4ntUJ.gif

You will not be surprised. There is no particular mystery here. Game is going through certification so your guess is not unreasonable, it just isn't "official" yet.

thats good to know.

does it mean if you don't have 8 gigs of free space you can just play campaign from one disk, and would have to switch if you want to play multiplayer though? if you can't answer this question now pls make sure its in the bulletin when you do address disc uno and dos

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
its sad that the "reveal" of such a simple thing is dictated by the marketing department.

Not at all. A project the size of Halo 4 has a lot of moving pieces so that necessitates a proper process to ensure that all information releases are factually correct and accounted for.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm excited for Halo 4 at NYCC now that the game is done. Hoping for gold build and any maps playable.

Natiko

Banned
Not at all. A project the size of Halo 4 has a lot of moving pieces so that necessitates a proper process to ensure that all information releases are factually correct and accounted for.

Ironic you say that considering how many times you've shown stuff to the press only for them to state things that simply aren't correct. I know that's not your fault, just thought it was kind of amusing.

One thing that kind of bothers me is that we have yet to see one BIG map. The closest we have seen is medium-large. I hope at least 2 of the last 3 maps are big.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Question now that the game is in cert:

Does Megalo or a Megalo-style scripting engine exist in Halo 4?

We're not in the habit of completely throwing out existing script codebase. Though, as you'd expect we've made copious updates to allow flexibility on the back end.

S1kkZ

i can fully understand why its necessary, but that doesnt mean i have to like it.
its the same with the voice acting stuff: why is there zero information when it comes to the german/french/itaian etc. dubbings?

I'm excited for Halo 4 at NYCC now that the game is done. Hoping for gold build and any maps playable.

That would be nice, but I'd have no problem playing the PAX build again. Somehow I never managed to play Infinity Slayer or try out Longbow.

Hopefully enough 343 devs will be at NYCC for yet another GAF/343 humpday challenge. That CTF match on Exile was a damn good time.

David or Frankie, I have a question if you could answer-

Could Flood/Infection be mixed with Dominion so that humans have fortifying bases as the match goes on?

Could Dominion be mixed with Assault (or something close to it) so each team has a fortified base, and when the bomb is planted and goes off the base reverts back to unfortified and has to rebuild?

Kuroyume

Banned
You know, maybe if you weren't such a debbie downer all the time people here would actually want to play with you and you wouldn't have these problems. Balance the game as much as you want, but if the teams are imbalanced then inevitably one team is going to get shit on. That's just how competitive MP games work.

People have invited me to games before. I don't believe anyone here has been actively avoiding me, and if they have it's not like there's been a shortage of people to play with. When I do play Halo (which is very rare this past year) I just tend to jump in by myself out of habit. And, I'm not any worse with a downer attitude compared to anyone else on here.

FyreWulff

We're not in the habit of completely throwing out existing script codebase. Though, as you'd expect we've made copious updates to allow flexibility on the back end.

I am currently satisfied by this answer-while-not-answering because of the limitations of what can be said.

I am guessing I would be incorrect if I were to say "the gametypes that Halo 4 ships with is all we get for the game's Live matchmaking lifespan".

Swarmerr

Vahalla...... That map was a steaming pile of shit in halo 3... (at least in anything that wasn't big team battle or squad battle) Hopefully it plays a lot better in halo 4.

Unfortunately, I feel it will play the same, charge top mid, hold top mid, camp on top mid, proceed to win game.

Vahalla, aka what's map flow?

Vire

Screenshot of possibly Ragnarok?

2012+-+1

The glare... the god damn glare...

Quote from other Halo thread:
lockload said:
Cant speak about a certain map and what's on it until the 1st of oct..aaagghhhh it was fun!!

wwm0nkey

Vahalla...... That map was a steaming pile of shit in halo 3... (at least in anything that wasn't big team battle or squad battle) Hopefully it plays a lot better in halo 4.

Unfortunately, I feel it will play the same, charge top mid, hold top mid, camp on top mid, proceed to win game.

Vahalla, aka what's map flow?

Sprint will help out that map A LOT

Top Bottom