• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

ibtKJKFO0vtRzG.gif

In the end I'm just disappointed that because I chose to stop consuming soda and chips and similar things several years ago, that I miss out on the 2XP stuff, and I'm also disappointed that the only way to get that is by choosing unhealthy things. No one is going to get diabetes from just the Halo 4 stuff, I'm just disappointed by it overall and many other similar programs.
It does make it hard though because I love me some Dew, especially the white citrus one. I've never tried gamer fuel so I think I'll get just one to try out.
You can obtain game pieces by simply sending a hand-addressed envelope via USPS. You can get as many entries as you wish this way. Writing up a few and walking to the Post Office to drop them off everyday could be a positive way to earn XP matches.

senador

Banned
You can obtain game pieces by simply sending a hand -addressed envelope via USPS. You can get as many entries as you wish this way. Writing up a few and walking to the Post Office to drop them off everyday could be a positive way to earn XP matches.

I figured you could only do one? If you are right, I will honestly take advantage of this. :)

You can obtain game pieces by simply sending a hand-addressed envelope via USPS. You can get as many entries as you wish this way. Writing up a few and walking to the Post Office to drop them off everyday could be a positive way to earn XP matches.

The ever ubiquitous "No purchase necessary". Even McDonald's Monopoly allows for this, but people don't know/care.

Shadders

Little English Halo Blog won't post any story/campaign stuff unless it's released by MS and even then I'll take care with spoilers.

I'll be strictly policing the comment threads too.

I think this thread is the main dangerzone now. I'm sure some pleb will rock in here and attempt a spoil bomb at some point, just gotta hope it's cleaned up before we see it.

Boring?! How many ways can you enjoy an apple? You can pretty much turn an apple into anything.

Including a bong! Try smoking weed out of an orange and see what happens...

Is that GAF's problem to try & police everyone on what they eat? It's no different than white knighting in a way, lol.

As a nation, we happily eat toxic waste not-so-cleverly-disguised as food far too often. It's impacting our waistlines and our health more and more year upon year. Most people don't even stop to think about it- they buy what's cheap or what's convenient, because they don't have the time or the money to do anything different. I can understand why some people here aren't necessarily excited to see their favorite gaming franchise happily hop on board with Pepsi, Co., one of the worst offenders in this category, just to make a few extra marketing bucks.

With that said, I work in the world of advertising and marketing every day, thus my soul is forfeit. I like to pretend I have a soapbox to stand on, mostly out of desperation.

FyreWulff

Little English Halo Blog won't post any story/campaign stuff unless it's released by MS and even then I'll take care with spoilers.

I'll be strictly policing the comment threads too.

I think this thread is the main dangerzone now. I'm sure some pleb will rock in here and attempt a spoil bomb at some point, just gotta hope it's cleaned up before we see it.

As an aside:

No Youtube Comments for Chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/no-youtube-comments/hbeblcelbmadebneggicbpkjhlppjoen

No Youtube Comments for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-comment-snob/

We pay up $60-100 for legitimate copy of Halo 4 released in Nov. 6.

Spain and now supposedly Mexico have acquired Illegal Copies as of yesterday and today currently playing it on XBL...

Lovely.

willow ve

So the hidden file in the waypoint update is pretty interesting - I wonder if there have been any other hidden messages around the Waypoint website? I dont want to start a witchhunt, but with the recent update - if 343 wanted to throw in a easter egg, now is the time to do it.
I wonder if more codes will work on that anniversary terminal?

As a nation, we happily eat toxic waste not-so-cleverly-disguised as food far too often. It's impacting our waistlines and our health more and more year upon year. Most people don't even stop to think about it- they buy what's cheap or what's convenient, because they don't have the time or the money to do anything different. I can understand why some people here aren't necessarily excited to see their favorite gaming franchise happily hop on board with Pepsi, Co., one of the worst offenders in this category, just to make a few extra marketing bucks.

With that said, I work in the world of advertising and marketing every day, thus my soul is forfeit. I like to pretend I have a soapbox to stand on, mostly out of desperation.

You're like GAF's Don Draper, huh? Continues smoking and advertising cigarettes, even though he knows that the reports that they cause cancer are true.

Akai__

You will. You might get your rank reset a day or two before the game comes out, but you'll be able to play online.

I say this only from experience with Reach. 343 might be different? But I doubt it.

Thanks. Wasn't sure, if it was possible with Reach.

Nice!

We need to collect these pre-release remakes (or demakes, or as Flatulator said on twitter, premakes) into a single post once they're all finalized.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm down for that.

Im not sure if cry or laugh.

Dude, I screwed my ellbow and my knee and I was bored, really bored.

I read that thread, that is exactly the reason why I won't enter it!

They are not JP fans to me.

True Jurassic Park fans don't even want another movie. The third already did terrible damage to the name, even the second wasn't great (Lost World the novel was the greatest thing since sliced bread)

They do need to make more games though. Jurassic Park Theme Park was godly. Jurassic Park for SNES and Sega was godly. I even enjoyed my adventure in Jurassic Park QTE's The Game.

You're like GAF's Don Draper, huh? Continues smoking and advertising cigarettes, even though he knows that the reports that they cause cancer are true.

Sadly, yes. In order to keep bills paid and roof over head, I had to hand my soul over to Satan.

Why do you think I blow off steam every night by getting online and shooting people?

Sadly, yes. In order to keep bills paid and roof over head, I had to hand my soul over to Satan.

Why do you think I blow off steam every night by getting online and shooting people?

So you can do market research into video game culture? If you're truly Don Draper, you're basically married to the job.

So you can do market research into video game culture? If you're truly Don Draper, you're basically married to the job.

Well, I do video production, so I'm not Don Draper so much as I am the guy that Sterling Cooper would hire out for contracted work. Still a link in the chain of evil, though. My soul is still forfeit.

zlatko

Banned
So waypoint is fucked up for everyone right? It has none of my overall career stats across all games to give me that overall level on their site.

I had been getting ODST achieveos and wanted to see what level I am now, but it's borked.

Anyone else?

I just really hope the Halo 4 leak is an isolated thing and its not going to be available to DL.

I read that thread, that is exactly the reason why I won't enter it!

They are not JP fans to me.

But if some crazy Universal exec see's the thread they may actually think its a good idea! =(

:lol

This post from the JP4 thread is all you need

Seriously though, that script sounds terribad

The script is atrocious.. Its terrifying that it got to the point where ILM was making renders..

True Jurassic Park fans don't even want another movie. The third already did terrible damage to the name, even the second wasn't great (Lost World the novel was the greatest thing since sliced bread)

They do need to make more games though. Jurassic Park Theme Park was godly. Jurassic Park for SNES and Sega was godly. I even enjoyed my adventure in Jurassic Park QTE's The Game.

True Jurassic Park fan here and I want a fourth.. The third was AWFUL, so I at least want the series to end on a good note. TLW novel has so much material that wasn't touched that they can loosely base a fourth film off of it, but I think they need to stay off of the islands with JP4. New setting, new characters, etc. But not mutants.

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis was awesome.. Maybe they will bring something out with JP3D next year.. There is also the park building iphone game that just came out recently.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really like it- but it's definitely not for everybody. If you don't like stealth games in general, this one's not going to change your mind.
I love stealth games, but eventually rage quit Dishonored (three times, actually, haha). Can't stand it.

Fuchsdh

Damn man, I do advertising too but I sleep like a baby :) Then again I'm not doing PR for Dow
Chemical either...

TheOddOne

I really like it- but it's definitely not for everybody. If you don't like stealth games in general, this one's not going to change your mind.
It's got the same problem other stealth games have, same enemies but each have their own line of sight. When you see them, you think you know how much they react to the world, then out of nowhere the slightest thing trigger them and everybody else. So you never know what to expect, that randomness factor is just not fun.

Well, I do video production, so I'm not Don Draper so much as I am the guy that Sterling Cooper would hire out for contracted work. Still a link in the chain of evil, though. My soul is still forfeit.

So you're Harry Crane, then. I take it you're also into black chicks and smoke a bunch of weed?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's got the same problem other stealth games have, same enemies but each have their own line of sight. When you see them, you think you know how much they react to the world, then out of nowhere the slightest thing trigger them and everybody else. So you never know what to expect, that randomness factor is just not fun.
Yeah, I had problems with that, too. Here's my final complaint post in the Dishonored OT, lol.

TheOddOne

I've got some bad news for you... it's... it's about your friend, Halo 4.
Randomness can be fun, if it's your own fault. Outside of that, the game can go screw itself aka Reach.

Yeah, I had problems with that, too. Here's my final complaint post in the Dishonored OT, lol.
Yeah, can totally see where you are coming from. I kind of still want to master it, the different paths are a neat idea.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I love stealth games, but eventually rage quit Dishonored (three times, actually, haha). Can't stand it.
I don't like stealth games, and I'm loving Dishonored, haha.
Gonna buy the game tomorrow, but wwhen I played it at gamescom, I also had some issues with climbing certain ledges.

Do you think the story is interesting/good?
The story isn't much (bear in mind I'm only a few hours in). However, the atmosphere is top notch. One of my favorite things, really. Art direction is fantastic as well.

Top Bottom