• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best of luck, Scorcho. [Sadly passed. RIP, Scorcho.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I should have posted this sooner but the truth is I don't handle this kind of stuff well at all so I just avoided posting in the thread. I guess the way I deal with death is to just wish it wasn't so. So I hope it's not to late for you to read this.

You are a great member of GAF, especially in poligaf which takes more of a poster than other threads. You have to be well informed to post there regularly and be respected. You've been a great man who's dedicated a good part of life to work you can be proud of. More than me for sure and more than most of us. I just wish there was someway to fix this. No doubt you could have done so much more good things for the world.

I don't know your religious beliefs, I'm an atheist myself, but I think the last words of Henry Beecher are appropriate either way if you decide that now is the time. Now comes the mystery.

Dead Man

This might be the last update, folks. I wish I could lay out more words, but I haven't much to type at the moment and I'm in the mindset to spend it with the missus before we, if we, decide to head to the ER tomorrow for a potential one-way checkin.

Lots of thoughts are running through my brain right now, but oddly tears haven't.

All the best, good luck, and my thoughts are with your loved ones. Be safe, David.

Gibbo

All the best man. I'm around your age and I don't think I have the courage or sound of mind to deal with something like this if it were to happen to me- like you have.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Best wishes to your and your loved ones, Scorcho.

Subitai

This might be the last update, folks. I wish I could lay out more words, but I haven't much to type at the moment and I'm in the mindset to spend it with the missus before we, if we, decide to head to the ER tomorrow for a potential one-way checkin.

Lots of thoughts are running through my brain right now, but oddly tears haven't.
All the best to you and your family Sorcho.

Phoenix

So, after all that, the chemotherapy failed. All masses grew by nearly 10% since the last scan in early August, rendering all that post-chemo pain of the last few weeks and the two month administrative hurdle in getting this experimental drug an expensive waste of time.

I start taking the new chemo pill tonight. I'll find out in four weeks where we're at, or sooner depending on whether my body gives up first. C'est la vie.

Keep fighting man. I sincerely hope that you will beat this!

Believe it or not you've given a lot of people strength and shown how a real man faces adversity with great dignity.

You've done something amazing. Be strong, and I wish that strength to carry on for you and your family.

Dignity, brother.

Whether you report back or not, I hope this isn't the last the world will be seeing of you. I'll always think of you and try to push harder from here on out and not take things for granted. Although your battle is a reminder of how fragile and tenuous life can be, your spirit has been nothing sort of inspiring. Whatever happens, you'll live on in the hearts and spirits of those you've touched. Thanks for everything Scorcho

I really don't know what to say in response to what I just read(this whole thread). I saw it when it was first posted and skimmed through it and now I wish I had paid more attention. Anyway, best of luck, and IMO, in the situation you are in there is really no 'wrong' decision. I don't know what I would do in your spot honestly. And I hope that PM I sent you did not offend you, just trying to bring a smile to your face.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I'm sad to hear about your misfortune, please be strong, use your spirit to pull whatever strength you have left to place your life in hand.

You have my best wishes.

You are the definition of brave.

Prayers renewed for you and your loved ones. Pulling for you, man. May God bless you, here and in the life to come, and may that coming be delayed for quite a while.

Yagharek

There's not much thats easy to really say here, other than youre a good man scorcho, everyone here wishes you the best and that you get the best care possible, given the circumstances.

Hang in there and make the most of what time is yours.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Coming back from gaf hell just to post this, because Scorcho man, you're worth it.

I won't believe it's the end until it's the end, please don't go, keep fighting it :(

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Still, oddly, no tears. Breathing has worsened compared to this time yesterday, but I have slightly more energy. my GF was up all night watching me sleep, so she's ragged this morning. my Mom slept a bit better. I could use a good coffee right now.

i thought last night would be a bit more emotional talkfest, but it's hard to talk when you're oxygen starved. my girlfriend stayed up all night watching me sleep, waking me up whenever i ripped the nose cannula off and was on my own. she's a bit ragged this morning and is getting some rest now.

She gave me a shower last night, which was soothing as I was too weak to take one the last few days. I stared into her eyes quite a bit. I hadn't in a while. They warmed my spirits as much as the water did.

Dont know when I'm leaving the home. I know pretty well that when I get into the ambulance or cab (haven't decided yet) that it'll be the last time I see the place. From there I have no idea how long it'll take at Sloan. It's weird, though. For as much as I cried a torrent last week over this possibility, now that it's occurring I feel completely detached, and I'm not sure why.

Thanks for all the memories, GAF.

Wilbur

Banned
Just found out my cousin died of cancer this morning, so reading this thread makes it a little sadder. All the best scorcho; we've never talked in a thread before during the short time I've been here but you're dealing with this situation fucking wonderfully. Best wishes, whatever happens.

Haven't been able to gaf much lately, but I did a quick fly-by tonight and saw this one. I'm glad I did but I'm not sure what to say. This is heartbreaking. All the best man.

Lotsa mantears here, I just can't believe this. I'm just sitting here shaking my head in disbelief.

Still, oddly, no tears. Breathing has worsened compared to this time yesterday, but I have slightly more energy. my GF was up all night watching me sleep, so she's ragged this morning. my Mom slept a bit better. I could use a good coffee right now.

i thought last night would be a bit more emotional talkfest, but it's hard to talk when you're oxygen starved. my girlfriend stayed up all night watching me sleep, waking me up whenever i ripped the nose cannula off and was on my own. she's a bit ragged this morning and is getting some rest now.

She gave me a shower last night, which was soothing as I was too weak to take one the last few days. I stared into her eyes quite a bit. I hadn't in a while. They warmed my spirits as much as the water did.

Dont know when I'm leaving the home. I know pretty well that when I get into the ambulance or cab (haven't decided yet) that it'll be the last time I see the place. From there I have no idea how long it'll take at Sloan. It's weird, though. For as much as I cried a torrent last week over this possibility, now that it's occurring I feel completely detached, and I'm not sure why.

Thanks for all the memories, GAF.

Scorcho,

My uncle went to Sloan for esophageal cancer treatment. Towards the end he arranged for at home hospice. Maybe you could arrange that for yourself so you don't have to leave your home?

Stay well regardless!

Adr1an

Its hard hearing what your going through especially at your age. You seem like a great guy. I wish you all the best and I'll be praying for you. Stay strong bud!

Icefire1424

Keep fighting bud, everyone here is supporting you, and hoping for the best. I wish I had something more meaningful to impart, some deeper words to help you find comfort through your pain, but know that you have reached out and touched so many people who are all rallied behind you know, and hoping you pull through this. Keep fighting, you would sincerely be missed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom