• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
No campaign theater?

Panorama dreams crushed.

9rn56ske4c.gif

So I saw a thread on Waypoint that talked about how uninspiring the H4 maps are. I definitely disagree as we are offered some great unique playspaces to play on in Haven, Solace, Complex, Abandon, and Exile. Ragnarok was a straight port and Adrift is your typical space station map.

But then I started thinking about Longbow, Meltdown, and Vortex. We've seen the leaked Vortex vid walkthrough and now the IGN walkthroughs of Meltdown and Longbow. And while thinking about the last 3 maps I found that they were slightly blurring together. I'm feeling like the three of them are a little too similar in aesthetic. Large cliffs and rocky terrain with buildings embedded into them or around them. They are definitely not similar in layout, but in terms of recalling epic moments I can definitely sense the potential of the moments blurring between the maps "was that Longbow or Meltdown that I rammed a guy into a cliffside?" I definitely think there could have been more distinction between them in terms of theme. They are definitely different layouts (though I do see some similarities between Longbow and Vortex)... I'm talking just straight theme. Does anyone else feel the same way or at least see where I'm coming from?

How great would it be to get a huge forerunner or covenant BTB map? Like not just structures built into terrain like Spire, Meltdown, Valhalla, etc.... but like ancient covie or forerunner halls to drive through. Epic sized... like the halls or city of Asgard in Thor:

thor01_asgard.jpg

Would be fun to have a BTB sized map that felt like Haven/Solace or Penance/Midship/Zealot that was a majority structure not a majority terrain.

Pop

Really 343i, I'm just really salty over the removal of theater in campaign.

I want to be hyped for H4 I really do but when you start removing features from the game, that just makes no sense to me. H4 is looking more and more like a casual fest just like that other big named game.

Not to mention:
-No skilled based ranks
-No Flag juggling(not even in customs)
-Can't drop the flag anymore
-Waypoint over your head in CTF now for the enemy team to easily spot you
-No Doubles Playlist
-Time spent more on Grifball, new noob friendly CTF then the competitive community
-Forge is essentially the exact same from Reach(color and pieces)
-You have to complete certain commendations and overall rank to unlock armor(This seems like a waste of time)

To name a few, I really do want to believe. Right now it's looking stacked against me.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
WHY? really why...Was it bothering you that much. It's a feature that competitive players loved. We could have at least been given the option in customs.

There's no need to juggle now that you move at the base speed.

Edit- And seriously; When was the info dropped that there's no Campaign Theater?

Can you not just go to Theater Mode and select a Campaign Mission from your recent games?

Gui_PT

Does anyone have an HD shot from the Live action trailer of you know who standing in front of you know who at the end?

Would be much appreciated.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I haven't been this hyped since Halo 2.

There are those that thought this day would never come.

What are they to say now.

They're probably also waiting for Halo 4.

Is there any word whether or not Spartan Ops contributes to rank and unlocks?

I get that no one likes to give bad news but it definitely is a shame that this feature getting cut wasn't explained early on. Having to find out from leaked copies of the game two weeks out from release is far worse. Especially when it is a feature I feel like we have absolutely been conditioned to expect.

GhaleonEB

So, a related question.

Does this mean no Spartan Ops theater?

In ODST and Reach, Firefight and Campaign theater features are joined at the hip because they use the same engine. I have assumed that Campaign and Spartan Ops tech are the same in Halo 4 as well, since Spartan Ops is basically campaign DLC.

A Forge and War Games-only theater would be hugely disappointing.

mhi

Why would 343 want to ANNOUNCE cut features ?

" I know you guys are excited and all about this game, so let's first talk about all the things we removed..."

Also where is that gameplay vid ?

Moa

So, a related question.

Does this mean no Spartan Ops theater?

In ODST and Reach, Firefight and Campaign theater features are joined at the hip because they use the same engine. I have assumed that Campaign and Spartan Ops tech are the same in Halo 4 as well, since Spartan Ops is basically campaign DLC.

A Forge and War Games-only theater would be hugely disappointing.

We won't know until launch, need to be on Xbox LIVE to play Spartan Ops :/

Also, JuanGGZ got banned.

ibr924alSaLxMu.gif

CyReN

Say what you want about Bungie with Reach, but at least they kept all the features from previous games(besides party viewing) and were clear on what was there and what wasn't. 343 has done a really bad job about being clear on things, and the whole release of information in general has been poor.

GhaleonEB

Say what you want about Bungie with Reach, but at least they kept all the features from previous games(besides party viewing) and were clear on what was there and what wasn't. 343 has done a really bad job about being clear on things, and the whole release of information in general has been poor.

Truth. I really hope 343 does a better job with Halo 5, or at least after the game launches. As a consumer I appreciate transparency about products I am buying.

Edit: that was weird.

BigShow36

You guys have some serious rose-tinted glasses with Bungie. They were just as ambiguous with their information and a lot more condescending, especially as the series wore on. 343 isn't great, but they're at least as good as Bungie was.

Huh? Why? As far as I knew he has played the game because of legitimate reasons. He also knows some people that may have it illegally because of the site that he runs.

Now I'm just confused.

I think it's because he was playing the game. To be clear I have not played the game I'm getting any info I get from a friend of a friend dont want to get banned for something I havnt even done

feel

No theater in Campaign? What a joke..

Worst part is that this pre-release cycle has been such a mess that terrible news like these don't even truly phase me anymore.

Those expecting a 343i employee to chime in confirming bad news, I laugh at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom