• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shock! 360 winning Japanese survey

Jonnyram

http://quizzes.yahoo.co.jp/quizresults.php?poll_id=3482&wv=1

Now we know everything about PS3 and Wii, which machine are you going to buy at the end of the year (in association with Famitsu White Paper Div)

20015 votes since 19 Sep.

Will buy both (2%) 254 votes
Will buy Wii (20%) 3842 votes
Will buy PS3 (15%) 2925 votes
Will buy 360 instead of Wii/PS3 (59%) 11654 votes
Still waiting to see how things go (7%) 1340

Could the Blue Dragon / Lost Odyssey double barrel RPGun be working?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
How much did they pay them?

I cannot believe that the Japanese can beat us at spinning and pollsters! No, damnit America, we can't let this happen!

Deku

Banned
Sony/Nintendo doomed.

Speaking seriously, MS has got to be pleasing the otaku crowd there. But it probably won't translate beyond this group.

ant1532

Banned
Jonnyram said:
http://quizzes.yahoo.co.jp/quizresults.php?poll_id=3482&wv=1

Now we know everything about PS3 and Wii, which machine are you going to buy at the end of the year (in association with Famitsu White Paper Div)

20015 votes since 19 Sep.

Will buy both (2%) 254 votes
Will buy Wii (20%) 3842 votes
Will buy PS3 (15%) 2925 votes
Will buy 360 instead of Wii/PS3 (59%) 11654 votes
Still waiting to see how things go (7%) 1340

Could the Blue Dragon / Lost Odyssey double barrel RPGun be working?
I don't believe this lol... Didn't this happen once earlier?(with 99 Nights)

Peter Moore mustv'e sent the Live Ninjas to Japan or somethin...

Anyways if this does happen, ahoy mateys! Microsoft is aboardin shiP!

Doctor_No

11,703 votes, that's like what, equivalent of 5% of the entire Japanese 360 installed base, that visited Yahoo! Japan's game site and voted on the poll on the bottom left-hand quarter of page, all in one day?

Sure its just not one of those Poll-bots?

Here's an example of a famous one:

"Online Polls. In November 1999, http://www.slashdot.com released an online poll asking which was the best graduate school in computer science (a dangerous question to ask over the web!). As is the case with most online polls, IP addresses of voters were recorded in order to prevent single users from voting more than once. However, students at Carnegie Mellon found a way to stuff the ballots using programs that voted for CMU thousands of times. CMU's score started growing rapidly. The next day, students at MIT wrote their own program and the poll became a contest between voting "bots". MIT finished with 21,156 votes, Carnegie Mellon with 21,032 and every other school with less than 1,000. Can the result of any online poll be trusted? Not unless the poll requires that only humans can vote. "

JoJo13

Banned
Doctor_No said:
11,703 votes, that's like what, equivalent of 5% of the entire Japanese 360 installed base, that visited Yahoo! Japan's game site and voted on the poll on the bottom left-hand quarter of page, all in one day?

"Online Polls. In November 1999, http://www.slashdot.com released an online poll asking which was the best graduate school in computer science (a dangerous question to ask over the web!). As is the case with most online polls, IP addresses of voters were recorded in order to prevent single users from voting more than once. However, students at Carnegie Mellon found a way to stuff the ballots using programs that voted for CMU thousands of times. CMU's score started growing rapidly. The next day, students at MIT wrote their own program and the poll became a contest between voting "bots". MIT finished with 21,156 votes, Carnegie Mellon with 21,032 and every other school with less than 1,000. Can the result of any online poll be trusted? Not unless the poll requires that only humans can vote. "
That was awesome!! :lol

Somnia

I think this: "Will buy 360 instead of Wii/PS3 (59%) 11654 votes".... means 360 will sell approx. 11654 systems in Japan by Dec. 31st :D

Hey don't shoot me! I'm a huge 360 fan ,but a realist at that.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
is this an online poll?

because if it is, it has about as much credibility as my poll which says the massive size of PS3s will sink the island of Japan.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
timesclipping.jpg

Snaku

Banned
GreekWolf said:

Damn straight, the Japanese can't resist the combination of Sakaguchi, Uematsu, and Toriyama.

south20park20208012020cartman20ninja20closeup201rt7.jpg

"Okay. Go ahead, Japan. Throw your Blue Dragon away. If you can. But you know well that your Japanese blood won't let you. You can't throw away something that was made by Sakaguchi-san. Go ahead and try.

Mel Gibson was right, Japan. Right now the otaku in you is screamig "NO! It's for an American console! Buy another DS lite!" You know this to be true. Go ahead. Prove Mel Gibson wrong, Japan. Do it!"

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Doctor_No said:

Ha! In a weird way, the poll DID answer the question :) The comp sci guys at MIT designed a more effective poll stuffer.

Zynx

I don't know why people even bother with these things. Even if each vote was a real person, they reflect the general public in no significant way.

J-Rzez

So 8361ppl would rather die than buy a 360 during this poll that Peter Moore had a gun to their heads? wowzers...

*Spin accomplished!* - :D

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I guess, Microsoft should have a chance in Japan. The price right now it's under Wii tag price and the end of year software should attract a lot of people.

If X360 doesn't sell this Xmas they never sell anymore.

Zamorro

The Xbox360 is now at 63% (16.132) and rising ! So the japanese voters must just have seen the clips of the Mistwalker games!

It's probably a bullshit internet vote.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Until I get proof, I won't believe this. Let me remind you guys about this:

1. DS Lite - 228,939 [4,196,826] units
2. PSP - 27,499 [1,256,343] units
3. PlayStation 2 - 22,703 [980,143] units
4. GBA SP - 2,751 [191,942] units
5. GB Micro - 1,791 [119,351] units
6. Xbox 360 - 1,250 [69,927] units
7. GameCube - 855 [63,971] units
8. Nintendo DS - 320 [953,279] units
9. GBA - 22 [3,035] units
10. Xbox - 0 [1,649] units

That's the sales for every week, for many, many months now.

Top Bottom