• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger released for Android and iOS

A1QE7BPWkXYj1k1kXLA4AC3AWIM9MenXbo1xcnRCZXtSu_fKXWarxkX4YEG4rTC3yA=w705

Chrono Trigger has been released for Android. It seems to have all of the content added in the rereleases. It costs $9.99.

Trailer

Google Play Link

I still have money left from the 25$ Google gave me when I bought a Nexus 7 this summer. I might pick this up. Anyone knows if I can play it with my Dualshock 3 from the get-go, or does it need some sort of mod ?

People thinking about buying,

Don't buy this bullshit.

No option to turn of the shit smear filter. Terrible controls making the whole snow mountain thingy sequence near impossible.

Battle controls are awful (Tapping an enemy to select them? LOL. Let's have a tiny monster toggle button instead!).

And the game implements a virtual stick to navigate inventory lmao!

Fuck.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
People thinking about buying,

Don't buy this bullshit.

No option to turn of the shit smear filter. Terrible controls making the whole snow mountain thingy sequence near impossible.

Battle controls are awful (Tapping an enemy to select them? LOL. Let's have a tiny monster toggle button instead!).

And the game implements a virtual stick to navigate inventory lmao!

Fuck.

They could make me play this with chopsticks and I will still enjoy it. Bought the moment it came out.

Fox Mulder

Why does the android version say it's 36MB while it's like 600MB on my ipad. I guess they got rid of the stupid lossless uncompressed audio that was wasted on phone/tablet speakers. The original game was 4MB's on the SNES.

So more people could experience one of the greatest games ever. It's on PSN, DS, iOS, and now android. Should be on XBL.

Worth noting only the DS one had anything done to it, and that was a retail release. I think XBL re-releases need touching up in some fashion, likely Square simply can't be arsed to do that.

The real missing format is Steam, btw

antitrop

I downloaded Chrono Trigger when I got my new iPhone 5 a few weeks ago, but the game is unplayable due to graphical bugs. (Gigantic blue rectangles on top of the character sprites).

I've heard the same from people with a 4S, though, so it's not just me or my phone model.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Translator's Note: kaeru means to return.

Was probably unintentional in this case though. I heard someone on Insert Credit podcast claim that it has a duel meaning as frog/return but I don't really buy that it was on purpose. It's just the Japanese word for Frog in katakana, making it a "name".

denshuu

No option to turn of the shit smear filter.

This was the dealbreaker for me.

I have no idea how anyone thinks that playing games with a smeared or blurry filter over them makes them look better. That shit looks like garbage. Makes me feel like I'm playing without my glasses on or something.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
earthworm jim, kind of.

really "kind of"... that was more of a remake. And it was never a SNES exclusive anyway. You might as well say stuff like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc.

really "kind of"... that was more of a remake. And it was never a SNES exclusive anyway. You might as well say stuff like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc.

Is there a SNES exclusive that's not on a Nintendo platform? Chrono Trigger was released on PlayStation if I recall correctly.

Top Bottom