• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Rumor: Battlefield 4 details leak from EA China [Up: Seemingly Real]

Reiko

Banned
Update:

//Mod Edit:

Air Superiority mode has been announced for End Game, which was part of the same rumor post.

This is seemingly real.

---

http://www.chiphell.com/thread-587771-1-1.html

--- New translation from someone who speaks Chinese ---

Lasgana said:
Lasgana: BF4
Lasgana: Coming October 23rd, 2013
Lasgana: development just started, expected to be done in 1 yr [Nirolak's Note: Since this is the one likely to elicit the most "this is fake" notes, I feel I should elaborate. Given some later points (like already have an internal demo), this seems to refer to EA's normal two year development cycle of a one year pre-production cycle with ~30-40 people and then ballooning up to 150-300 people to make the game after most things are prototyped and planned out. Visceral, BioWare, and a fair number of publishers outside EA also operate this way since it allows you to have multiple projects without cyclical layoffs due to scaling down in pre-production and scaling up in production. For example, during the downtime between Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, DICE's spare staff worked on making Medal of Honor's multiplayer and helping to build Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. As to what the bulk of DICE's staff worked on prior to this going into production, it's probably either a second project or, once again, other EA games.]
Lasgana: will be on pc, ps3, xbox360 and next gen consoles
Lasgana: will be one of the first games for next gen consoles
Lasgana: commander system comes back
Lasgana: profile can be linked with other devices like ipad
Lasgana: auto login, need internet all time, support cloud saves
Lasgana: easier to pickup the game, to take care of players from CoD
Lasgana: support body and voice control for this commander system
Lasgana: better battlelog integration and better stats reporting
Lasgana: supports video playback and sharing
Lasgana: have gem store for dlc and other stuff like that
Lasgana: 3 factions: russia, usa and china
Lasgana: can deploy female soliders
Lasgana: frostbite 2.0 engine
Lasgana: pc, ps4 and xbox 720 supports 64 player maps
Lasgana: 360 and ps3 will be less
Lasgana: pc, ps4 and 720 will provide 60 fps
Lasgana: already have a demo video internally within EA,
Lasgana: matching the quality of BF3 already
Lasgana: bf4 will use 80% of power of frostbite 2, wheras bf3 only 30-40%
Lasgana: modern background
Lasgana: i mean story background

---- Original Post (someone translated with google translate) ----

Lock and Mock if OLD

- it will be on the big 3 current gen systems as well as next gen platforms (only sony and M$, as well as pc)

- commander role in MP will return with new tools and abilities

- voice commands

- battlelog will be tied to the game

- game will support video recording with internal replay system this might be in box or via dlc.. thats unclear or if its universal paltform inclusion

- currently there are three factions: USA, Russia, and China!!

- female charcaters (NPC's) and the ability to play as them in MP

- next gen systems and pc will support 64-player MP however current gen console releases wont

- frostbite 2.0

- next gen console versions run @ approx 60fps, current gen @ 30fps, PC will ahve an FPS lock of 100fps

- exp system will be again present

(Take this all with a grain of salt)

But yeah... 60fps console Battlefield for next gen please.

Proelite

China? CHINA?

J20 vs F22?
J20 vs Pak Fai?

Day 1.

J20 better be in this bitch.

577714-j-20.jpg

GrizzNKev

Banned
Some of this is likely just based on things we already know, the rest is bullshit. "FPS lock" on PC makes no sense.

Mechazawa

Why is EA China spilling out development cycles?

I can understand a subsidiary accidentally leaking information about the gameplay, but what's the context for internal milestones and shit?

Bullshit. Are there 1500 people working simultaneously on the game or something?

There's no way in hell EA doesn't want this at launch for the next gen consoles. I can believe it. Are we forgetting the AC games? Or even at launch this gen with CoD2 and 3? Launch games tend to have much shorter schedules.

Arnie

Would buy as a launch title for the next Xbox. 60fps and 64 players with commander would be superb.

-Silver-

Ill take this with all the salt I can get, especially the one year development cycle. It's probably true but I don't want to believe it.
Edit: Why not make it for the Wii U as well? I would have expected EA to at least port the 360 version for the Wii U as it doesn't cost much and the return would most likely be bigger then the cost.

netBuff

I don't get it. Is it saying the PC is both a current gen and next gen system?

It's really not that hard: The three most technologically similar systems out this time next year are Playstation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 - "current gen" (but the Wii U isn't mentioned anywhere, could be a translation problem or just an oversight of the person writing the original post).

But while some parts of this leak sound nice (higher player count, 60fps on next gen), others are highly dubious and point to this being a fake.

Spiegel

They surely mean 1 year in development (as of now) and release date in november 2013. So 2 years, as expected.

antonz

It's really not that hard: The three most technologically similar systems out this time next year are Playstation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 - "current gen".

But while some parts of this leak sound nice (higher player count, 60fps on next gen), others are highly dubious and point to this being a fake.

Actually it doesn't mention wii u At all. It says PC,360,PS3,720 and PS4

Strife91

This will probably be the buggiest Battlefield game ever.

Day 120
Hopefully they will have fixed the bugs by then.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Bullshit. Are there 1500 people working simultaneously on the game or something?

why would they need to when they can just rehash most things from BF3?

Reiko

Banned
If Activision doesn't upgrade their COD graphics engine... I can see EA winning over the COD crowd if their games indeed launch at 60fps.

Why make a game for 5 different systems on a 1 year development cycle, and why lock the framerate on the PC version?

I really hope the PC version is not a port of the next-gen console version.

Top Bottom