• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom’s fighting games coming exclusively to IGN Pro League in 2013

Mesoian

Underworld rumblings and a few random european outlets. Just rumors, nothing definite.

But people are done with SFxT even with these new changes, SF4 is on it's 4th revision and the only fighting game Capcom has lined up for next year is Darkstalkers. They need something else for 2013 beyond DMC and DD2 is unlikely to hit 2013.

But then, so is this game...

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I dont think thats a timer, it's IPL5 so it's just loopin'

It was a countdown. It switched to this after 00:06.

And now it's back to 2 minutes.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

El Sloth

Banned
I empathize.

I think Marvel is a terribly made game, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Man, that really sums up how I feel about the game. I have such a love-hate relationship with it.

I really wish Capcom would give it another look and consider a patch. Maybe a good showing in something like IPL could encourage that.
I have no idea if they intend to do anything else with KoF/SC/VF that have all shown up at their events.

I wonder if the other companies will seek to use e-sports for promotion as well, and who would get what.
I'd personally like to see KoF. And I think it would be a smart pick in general too since the game seems to be pretty popular globally.
Sweet, thanks. I'll add it to the OP.

lol at the neverending 5

lupinko

Even if they wanted to touch Marvel, which they don't, they couldn't as they no longer hold the Marvel licence. It'd be in their best interest to make something similar to Capcom Fighting Jam that takes the UMvsC3 engine and replaces the marvel side with Capcom characters (which is rumored to be happening right now).

That certainly sounds interesting there.

Azure J

These stream troubles are unfortunate. I'll chalk it up to first time jitters.

Or something.

I like when the stream dropped in the middle of a good discussion and the stream chat blew up with:

"Find out on the next episode of... Dragonnnball Z!"

MLG might as well pull the fighting game division now.

Nah, TTT2 is cool, and their last tournament was pretty good with lots of games and minimum breaks, still worse than your regular "FGC" stream, but hey I'll take what I can get.

Can't wait to see round 2 of Korea vs US next year (that is, if they still want to run a fighting division)

El Sloth

Banned
From the stream chat said:
Broadcaster Subscriber iplfighters: We can 100% guarantee we will not run more ads than the normal fighting game tournament

Broadcaster Subscriber iplfighters: Our goal to is make you guys happy (impossible)
Let's see if it actually plays out that way.

ismk

They have more funds than MLG since IGN is backing them but I wonder how much of it can change since IGN is for sale.

I'm not talking about the funds. I'm talking about making the community happy by keeping the underground feeling intact while having huge pay outs.

deviljho

Thanks for the context and source
where is this from

It's some B/C-list, TV celebrity chick getting c...cc... combo'd by some random girl in a nightclub who found her to be waay too annoying. Style points for the cigarette in the mouth... take notes Capcom.

Beyond this, I don't really remember myself who, what, when, etc.. I think the girl was on some European or maybe U.S. reality show.

They have more funds than MLG since IGN is backing them but I wonder how much of it can change since IGN is for sale.

Not really

I'm not talking about the funds. I'm talking about making the community happy by keeping the underground feeling intact while having huge pay outs.

Yeah, wouldn't get my hopes up on the whole "keeping the underground feel of majors" This is not going to be like an ECT or Final Round.

They'll have big prizes though, as much as EVO's if not bigger.

Top Bottom