• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] December 2012 Boxart Thread

Chanser

Boxart revealed in December 2012 and not for games released during this period.
Some of the boxart might be old or placeholder art.

iHTB3YqQARhfR.jpg
iroL2bw33MSJ4.jpg
original.jpg
original.jpg
51gWYU0byUL._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
61jckf8KQxL._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The PS Vita PS+ bundle makes it seem like they will never rotate the PS+ Vita lineup, lol.

You know, they could have done a lot more with Infinite's boxart, but for what it's worth I do like the design of the lead protagonist a heck of a lot.

rouken

You know, they could have done a lot more with Infinite's boxart, but for what it's worth I do like the design of the lead protagonist a heck of a lot.

they should have put handyman instead of dewitt, it will be parallel with the bioshock boxart

Mr.Fresh

Bioshock cover looks like an old scruffy Nathan Drake. It's gonna be funny if Fuse becomes one of insomniacs best selling games. I doubt it because it comes out with God of War and Gears of War. But it would be funny.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bioshock cover looks like an old scruffy Nathan Drake. It's gonna be funny if Fuse becomes one of insomniacs best selling games. I doubt it because it comes out with God of War and Gears of War. But it would be funny.

I completely forgot that there is a new god of war coming out.

AniHawk

yeah, the hell is up with the logo?

they basically did a direct localization of the japanese logo

250px-Fire_Emblem_Kakusei_Japanese_box_art.jpg

i can really appreciate the 'fire emblem' part with the white on black text, but the 'awakening' part is pretty bad. it probably could have been regular instead of bold, and without italics as well.

The placement doesn't feel right either. maybe it should have been placed under the right side of emblem, or the left part of fire.

if it was possible to replicate that small text, it could work too. maybe something like this

cpver.jpg

AniHawk

something else i'm now seeing is how the fire emblem box, aside from being isolated, doesn't have the white border around it, and the line strikes through most of it, until it ends on the final character. the border in the american box is distracting, and the box itself is too wide. the treatment in japan worked fairly well despite being a bit odd.

Eusis

It's actually appealing in a weird way. Makes me think of a tile put on an older book or something.

AniHawk

the silent hill and half-life ones suck, but the rest are pretty clever. it's a pretty simple thing to make the crowbar into part of the lambda. wonder why they didn't go for that.

Codeblue

Maybe this is their way of transitioning away from the "Tiger Woods" name since no one gives a damn about Tiger Woods anymore.

Top Bottom