• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whining about parents driving him back and forth to COLLEGE! Time to grow up-age

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't actually pissy or mad - I was being sarcastic. I just wanted some ideas for how to dope myself up enough to get through all my classes tomorrow despite the flu, seeing as getting dismissed from 3 classes (two of which only meet once a week, and thus have stricter attendance policies) is a big long shot.

And yes, I'm 18, can't afford a car, and my parents drove me to school. Isn't that hilarious? And I haven't had sex either. That's exponentially more hilarious.

bimet

Before anybody asks: how old are you?
If you hate both of your parents why are still there?
And for the flu thing, take a warm shower and drink some terraflu...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Atleast he didnt get you Pens for Christmas.

That might have been the best thread ever

I'm 18 and livejournal is evil and I don't really care to begin with. I really just want to figure out a good way to dope myself up for 14 hours so I can get all these exams out of the way.

And maybe I didn't make it clear enough through my incredible use of the literary device of sarcasm, but I'm fine with my parents. It was just a stupid fluke and I happened to see it coming.

Zep

Banned
Suck it up and be a man. Waah!!! my dad got me sick, so what you little shit, im sure he took care of your punk ass when little and got sick!

okay, im done :)

DaddyZ said:
Suck it up and be a man. Waah!!! my dad got me sick, so what you little shit, im sure he took care of your punk ass when little and got sick!

okay, im done :)

But the world revolves around me, not him.

VPhys said:
You're 18 and you are offering your parents money?

Symbolic gesture to show I was serious. Plus, they've always liked to foster this notion that life isn't a free ride, so giving them money goes a long way to convincing them to do stuff.

And I'm working on getting a car. I have a fund for it. It just happens that as a full-time student who works part time, saving up a couple thousand bucks takes a while.

Coal

Aristotlekh said:
There are all kinds of drugs in this house, because my dad is on disability and is also a semi-hypochondriac.

Take one of each and update GAF on your mental and physical states.

Coal said:
Take one of each and update GAF on your mental and physical states.

Okay, half of them are different types of bloodthinners. Should I take one of each, or just one, since the ingredients are ultimately quite similar?

bimet

Aristotlekh said:
Okay, half of them are different types of bloodthinners. Should I take one of each, or just one, since the ingredients are ultimately quite similar?
Both ways will make you feel much better!
Don't forget to video tape your results so that other desperate teens may learn from you!
youtube.com

Coal

Aristotlekh said:

Just one, we don't want you blowing away

Takuan

You could just get a medical certificate. I'm pretty sure most schools have that policy for missed exams. I remember there being some classes where a missed exam equated to a zero, but those were the exception rather than the norm.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
This reminds me of that other stupid thread with the guy whose parents asked him to turn his TV down or something and he chucked a fit

medrew

Takuan said:
You could just get a medical certificate. I'm pretty sure most schools have that policy for missed exams. I remember there being some classes where a missed exam equated to a zero, but those were the exception rather than the norm.

It depends on the place. But some schools require that you still take the exam if you are sick, but that you take it in isolation to the rest of the class and your illeness will be taken into consideration on marking.

metdroid said:
They can shine shoes and stuff
pedobearsealyl6.png

Bezz

Banned
:lol @ thread title change

It fits the thread perfectly. A 13 year old brought AN AK 47 TO SCHOOL, and you cant drive for yourself..IN COLLEGE?

temp

posting on contract only
What's funny about what happened to this thread is that there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

And yes, I'm 18, can't afford a car, and my parents drove me to school. Isn't that hilarious? And I haven't had sex either. That's exponentially more hilarious.
What do ya know? It IS exponentially more hilarious!

Ecrofirt

Bezz said:
:lol @ thread title change

It fits the thread perfectly. A 13 year old brought AN AK 47 TO SCHOOL, and you cant drive for yourself..IN COLLEGE?

We can afford a single car in my family, and my college is 10 minutes away.

I get driven to and from school every day, and while it's not my favorite thing, I've grown quite accustomed to it.

demi

I wish my parents would drive me to college. Consider yourself lucky. I can't attend college because I have no way to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom