• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School Shooting at Elementary School in Connecticut [27+ dead including 20+ children]

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Crisis

Best thing this guy could do is open up his profile for a day or two so people can see he is updating. Not lock it down like all his friends are saying.

NH Apache

Banned
Friend of the person being confused with the shooter. His status updates: "I'm being inundated with messages asking why I'm friends with a murderer. This is insane. I don't know this person or if they are the shooter."

"Apparently I'm FB friends with the a person who shares the name of the alleged shooter. I don't know him. He has posted repeatedly in the last few minutes that it is not him, but I don't think you can see the posts unless you are friends with him. Stop blowing up someone's facebook and passing his picture around as a mass murderer."

Not posting his profile.

His twitter has been posted previously.

How is it possible that the entire news media plasters pictures of the wrong man everywhere without verifying it?

(Fox News Room)

"We have a name for the shooter."

"Alright, uh...look him up in Facebook and get the photos".

(CNN News Room)

"Fox is running with the shooter's facebook pictures"

"Shit...alright do it"

(CBS News Room)

"Both FOX and CNN have pictures of the shooter"

"Go GO GO GO GO HURRY"

(etc).

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the media stops interviewing little kids from the school. They shouldn't be forcing these kids to re-live the experience until they've first had a chance to talk to a psychiatrist and process what happened.

I think they're asking their parents permission to interview them first.

Reminds of when the media kept running the wrong picture of the Neda girl who was shot and killed during Iran's failed green revolution. The picture was of a very much alive student with the same name as the girl that was killed in the protests. The protest signs with Neda's picture? That was the wrong girl. When she tried to correct the media, they ran her picture again. She ended up having to flee the country once the Iranians found her.

jmdajr

Matt Bors ‏@MattBors

Once more: I have no idea if this is the shooter or not. I don't know him. I don't know most of my FB friends because it's for my comics.

Dresden

This Lanza kid's fb is still getting swamped with threats, accusations, and slander... this isn't going to go away for a while, not everyone stays up to date on the news.

URL Removed

Thats the guy. He shot his father in Hoboken, New Jersey and went on to kill his mother who works at the school and her pupils.

Kurtofan

untitledhwu0e.png

Fuck everything.

This is so sad :/

Steelrain

Again, all the posters and "journalists" that threw that guys info out there can eat a million dicks. Pieces of fucking shit, all of you.

The name is correct. And I didn't see the facebook posted on CNN yet. They'e said the name multiple times but I've yet to see them show a photo of the suspected shooter.

I totally agree that they have to be careful with that type of thing, but right now...we don't know that they posted (if pics were) anything that was incorrect. People here raced to get info, posted the same exact picture but then the screenshot popped up. I'm of the opinion that either one or both pieces of info could be wrong. Could be the wrong Lanza. Could be a fake screenshot. Doesn't really hurt me to wait and see.

We're on the same page though with this, the media should be mindful of this. But I'm not quite ready to jump to the conclusion that they posted a picture of the wrong Lanza. I don't know what the right Lanza looks like, and I don't know for sure that isn't his facebook. You know?

People have said multiple news agencies have showed his picture and the fb.

TheNatural

My Member!
Quote from ABC News just now, 1st graders were telling their teacher in lockdown 'I don't wanna die, I just want to have Christmas.' God :(

(Fox News Room)

"We have a name for the shooter."

"Alright, uh...look him up in Facebook and get the photos".

(CNN News Room)

"Fox is running with the shooter's facebook pictures"

"Shit...alright do it"

(CBS News Room)

"Both FOX and CNN have pictures of the shooter"

"Go GO GO GO GO HURRY"

(etc).

I watched 4 episodes of Newsroom (HBO) last night and this is exactly how they potray it.

oneils

URL Removed

Thats the guy. He shot his father in Hoboken, New Jersey and went on to kill his mother who works at the school and her pupils.

Guess you haven't been following the thread? There is still doubt over whether or not this is indeed the shooter's page.

flippedb

Banned
Here's the screenshot of said thread on /b/, where OP says he was going to kill himself today and make it to the news, I'll just post the link, since there's a picture of the Columbine Massacre and some people might not want to see it.

Anyway, the link http://i.imgur.com/yrLcT.jpg

Edit: There are dead bodies on the link, a picture of the Columbine Massacre that's NSFW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom