• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN:"COD3 far and away better looking on 360".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gek54

demi said:
Ew, he really did that? That's pretty disgusting. Creepy.

Yup, he sure did. Its funny that Amir0x blasts the very forum that allows him the freedom of speech to post pictures of his cum on pictures of other people's girlfriend. Seems very Congressman Mark Foleyish.

NinSoX

Banned
fortified_concept said:
So multiplatform games count as a plus for X360 but for PS3 "they're coming to 360 anyway". Your logic is fun.

Think you need a break. You sound like you're bursting veins with each post.

Gek54

Uncle

Gek54 said:
What is the "Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement." suppose to mean? Achievement for time played?

No, it just means that you'll know what it is only after you've unlocked it.

Gowans

Im quite liking what they hav edone with the achievements here, its really gona add some replay factor.

Hot Potato, Alergic to bullets & battlefield scavenger should be fun to try and get.

XSamu

Banned
Why is everyone complaining about Treyarch? I know, COD2 the Big Red One wasn't that great, but you can't say it was a awfull game.

I actually played COD3 (beta version, single-player, 2 whole missions), and it was great. No really, it was. It surpasses COD2 in every aspect of the game. It looks better, the AI is better, the level design is better, the challenge is better (it's much more difficult then COD2 was, which was quite easy), it's more chaotic, the map is semi-destructible, things like smoke grenades actually really blind your enemy, etc.

So unless you've played the game and still don't think it's good (with some good arguments) you can't just say the game sucks because Treyarch made it.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
DarienA said:
But the games were available for other platforms, they were still multi-platform. They still competed for shelf space and and attention, especially PS2 versions which still have the most shelf space in most stores.

And in a lot of cases, the PS2 versions outsold the 360 counterpart. Bigger installed base plus cheaper entrypoint for new adopters makes for better software sales. I think in the case of PS3/360, if the bulk of the games are available for both consoles, then 360 software sales are going to be the clear winner (for PS3 launch), especially if there is no noticeable difference in gameplay or graphics and the rumor here, that some of the games will actually perform better on the 360, are true.

edited to clarify. Obviously this won't hold as the PS3 ramps up production and sales.

XSamu said:
Why is everyone complaining about Treyarch? I know, COD2 the Big Red One wasn't that great, but you can't say it was a awfull game.
So unless you've played the game and still don't think it's good (with some good arguments) you can't just say the game sucks because Treyarch made it.
Yeah, I've been saying this for months but it's fallen on deaf ears. I thought Big Red One was fun and I think Treyarch did a good job with it. I can see people being disappointed that it's not a huge jump from CoD2, but it's looks very good in videos to me so far, looking forward to it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
XSamu said:

I actually played COD3 (beta version, single-player, 2 whole missions), and it was great. No really, it was. It surpasses COD2 in every aspect of the game. It looks better, the AI is better, the level design is better, the challenge is better (it's much more difficult then COD2 was, which was quite easy), it's more chaotic, the map is semi-destructible, things like smoke grenades actually really blind your enemy, etc.

Does it offer anything new? I simply could not bring myself to finish CoD2 simply because it was ALL "been there, done that". These WWII games have lost their luster and no longer appeal to me.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
Gek54 said:
Yup, he sure did. Its funny that Amir0x blasts the very forum that allows him the freedom of speech to post pictures of his cum on pictures of other people's girlfriend. Seems very Congressman Mark Foleyish.

ugh wtf Amirox

XSamu said:

Thanks for the impressions. Did you get to try the coop at all? If you did, how does it work? Is it the same missions as the campaign or separate ones?

XSamu

Banned
dark10x said:
Does it offer anything new? I simply could not bring myself to finish CoD2 simply because it was ALL "been there, done that". These WWII games have lost their luster and no longer appeal to me.

It's the same leap every Pro Evo game makes, or every Need For Speed game makes. For some that is not enough, for others it is. If you really want to play a new COD which makes the same leap as COD2 did you'll have to wait 'till the game of Infinity Ward, but for some people (like me) that game, which isn't showcased yet, isn't very appealing, because it's not a WOII shooter anymore. I never like Battlefield 2 because of the setting. I like WOII shooters, I like futuristic shooters, but I hate shooters that are in a "now a days" setting (I'm not sure how you should call it, but hey, I'm dutch). That's why I'm looking forward to this game, even though it doesn't make such a leap (but it surely has enough changes comparing to COD2)

EDIT:
Thanks for the impressions. Did you get to try the coop at all? If you did, how does it work? Is it the same missions as the campaign or separate ones?
No unfortunateley I wasn't allowed to play anything excpet for the single-player missions. Maybe that's because they also wanted to show us the new Tony Hawk, I don't know.

Bob Saget

Banned
Ok wait, forget my last question... I just read the last few posts about amirox posting pics of his jizz on pictures of olimario's girlfriend. Is that for real?

If so, WTF? That is probably the creepiest thing I've ever heard. He's a mod here?

Razoric

Banned
Bob Saget said:
Ok wait, forget my last question... I just read the last few posts about amirox posting pics of his jizz on pictures of olimario's girlfriend. Is that for real?

If so, WTF? That is probably the creepiest thing I've ever heard. He's a mod here?

Yes and yes.

Pimpwerx

Bob Saget said:
So wait, 360 is more powerful than PS3?
By leaps and bounds. And COD3 is a shining beacon of next-generation graphics. It sets the benchmark for both system, completely eclipsing (graphically) anything else in either library. PEACE.

Bob Saget said:

Haven't you heard?...PS3 is so hard to program for that it's having a hard time reaching PSOne level graphics. Maybe this time next year...

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Bob Saget said:
So wait, 360 is more powerful than PS3?

Of course it is, have you seen the size of the power supply? It could run a small city for decades off the static charge it holds within its megagirth.

Jump in.

Baker

Banned
gafse.gif

Hahahahaha. I haven't seen that one yet.

As for what system I'm going to for third party stuff, it really depends on if PS3 has a full achievements system or not. If not and the games are mostly comparible, 360 for me thanks.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
XSamu said:

You're new around here aren't you?

Gek54

Bob Saget said:

Yup, he is a real beacon of decency isnt he? Even Foley had enough decency to resign.

Bob Saget

Banned
Gek54 said:
Yup, he is a real beacon of decency isnt he? Even Foley had enough decency to resign.

Foley says he is creepy because he was molested by a priest and is a drunk. Does amirox have an excuse?

XSamu

Banned
Guileless said:
You're new around here aren't you?
Yeah, it says "junior member" under my name, so that's obvious. But I've been observing GAF for over a year now, so I know how things are here

Baker

Banned
poppin fresh said:
This thread got creepy, is all this talk about some fetish forum or something?

Yeah, we're worried with how bad the PS3 is with fingerprints, that all our jizz stains might not come off it.

Bob Saget

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
By leaps and bounds. And COD3 is a shining beacon of next-generation graphics. It sets the benchmark for both system, completely eclipsing (graphically) anything else in either library. PEACE.

Oh I just asked because he mentioned several games.

Gek54

I wonder how many pictures of forum member's girlfriends he has Amir0xed? You think he might have a collection?

Bob Saget

Banned
Gek54 said:
I wonder how many pictures of forum member's girlfriends he has Amir0xed? You think he might have a collection?

This is why I don't post pictures of my girlfriend on the internet. Too many crazies on interweb.

bud

amir0x on oa said:
Well, in honor of this I decided to bust a nut on Christie Elaine's pic. Of course, it was almost impossible to do it with just her... so I added all sorts of chicks from OA history to help me along!

I beat off a LOT, so I rarely have huge loads on reserve. That said, half my jizz missed the paper!

Ami, you're ****ing disgusting, man.

:x

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gek54 said:
Remember that time you jizzed on a picture of Olimario's Christie Elaine nude photo, took a picture of it and posted it on OA?

Ah, Good times.

snoop7by6hg.gif

:lol gek dishing the dirt, ami running in fear :p

the thing is OAers love to talk about how horrible GAF is, yet they almost always come off sounding pissed that they can no longer post here cause they were banned. GAF always trashes OA, but in truth, a lot of the more notorious GAF posters post there as well (often times under different nicks). OA is GAFs dirty little secret, as gek just showed. the truth is, both places are of some value. GAF typically has better actual game discussion and industry news, OA has scans and loads of fun.

Beating off to some chick and then posting the result on the interwebs > talking about someone who beat to some chick and then posted the result on the interwebs. We're all filthclowns.

bud

AltogetherAndrews said:
Beating off to some chick and then posting the result on the interwebs > talking about someone who beat to some chick and then posted the result on the interwebs. We're all filthclowns.

Oyu nee rad amis oher pst,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom