• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 Fall Dashboard Update - Now Released

Rhindle

Microsoft will release its "Fall 2006 System Update" on 31.10.06 in Japan, according to a Famitsu report. The update is free and available to all Xbox Live members.

The update, among other things, improves Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace functions, provides 1080p support, adds a start menu for XNA-developed games, adds HD-DVD player support and over 80 additional functions.

Microsoft is holding a press conference in Japan at which additional information will be provided.
www.gamefront.de

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Nice.

Hopefully there's some more consumer oriented stuff like last time.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
No, this is worldwide, it has to be. The wireless communicator is street dated on the 31st and you can't use it without this update

Wollan

What! No graphics cards? Pfft.

On a serious note, I guess the western release will come within 24h of that as well?

hadareud

The Translator
I hope there's also support for 16:10 resolution in this update.

1440 x 900, you know you want to Microsoft.

Jonnyram

Looks like Arcade is gonna get a major facelift.
Also support for lots of new peripherals will be added, amongst other things.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Jonnyram said:
Looks like Arcade is gonna get a major facelift.
Also support for lots of new peripherals will be added, amongst other things.
If it's like the beta dashboard it's not really major.
I only hope they fixed the video playback though, couldn't test it with the beta.
This is a worldwide release btw.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Blimblim said:
If it's like the beta dashboard it's not really major.
I only hope they fixed the video playback though, couldn't test it with the beta.
This is a worldwide release btw.

Should we wait at 2:00 am Redmond time like usual?

icecream

Public Health Threat
So what's that about a press conference? Anything special, or just "look at all the cool things our new update can do!"

nubbe

I guess, my LG LCD can display 1920x520 at 60Hz

Exodus 33:9
It happened, when Moses entered into the Tent, that the pillar of cloud descended, stood at the door of the Tent, and spoke with Moses.

MMaRsu

Banned
Will I finally be able to rewind and forward my music?

Because it's horrendously stupid that I can't do that right now.

BuG

nubbe said:
I guess, my LG LCD can display 1920x520 at 60Hz

Exodus 33:9
It happened, when Moses entered into the Tent, that the pillar of cloud descended, stood at the door of the Tent, and spoke with Moses.
thats deep

goku3000

" System update of the large-scale 2006 fall " of Xbox 360 such as HD DVD correspondence executes
2006/10/30

The ●Xbox Live member (the silver and the gold) being gratuitous, system update

2006 October 30th, Microsoft improves the various performance of Xbox 360 " system update of 2006 fall ", through Xbox Live, being gratuitous, it announced that it executes. Start of gratuitousness update, the Xbox Live member (the silver member ship and the gold member ship) is the service which is made the object from at the night 2006 October 31st.

- Directing to end of year, the Xbox 360 camp moved!

With the latest system update, improvement of the operativity regarding the Xbox Live market place and the Xbox Live arcade and 1080p output correspondence of the game picture and correspondence to the Xbox 360 HD DVD prayer, functional addition and improvement of 85 or more such as DVD and option addition at the time of the image playback which downloads are done. This system update Xbox 360 " more " pleasantly conveniently! With the origin of the concept which is said, the game you play “more " pleasantly, the contents are enjoyed “more " easily, everyone it is connected “more " pleasantly, “more " safely it can enjoy four themes that, it is provided. Main feature of each every theme is as follows.

The game you play “more " pleasantly

Improvement of the operativity regarding the ●Xbox Live arcade
Adding the starting menu of the game which was drawn up with ●XNA
- Offering Advanced Capability to the future game

The contents are enjoyed “more " easily

Improvement of the operativity regarding the ●Xbox Live market place
Improvement of the operativity regarding the ●Xbox Live arcade
●DVD and expanding the function at the time of the image playback which downloads
It corresponds to the playback of HD DVD which uses the ●Xbox 360 HD DVD player
Expanding the setting regarding various notification at the time of ●Xbox Live connection
- Improving the management method of memory
Reinforcing the banner indicatory place which is indicated in the ●Xbox dashboard

Everyone it is connected “more " pleasantly

Improving the sign rise procedure to of ●Xbox Live
Strengthening the account management performance with ●Xbox.com
- Correspondence to new accessory

It can enjoy “more " safely

- It corresponds to the certification cord/code of the credit card
It corresponds to the setting of the guardian from ●Xbox.com

Even in addition, the latest system update where various functions are added. Presently, explanatory meeting is done at Microsoft. Chasing, we convey details!

* As for Xbox official sight this

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks like WMV playback is in, streaming from PC, from a USB drive or from a CDR/DVDR.
ms11.jpg

ms14.jpg

ms15.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20061030/ms.htm

Edit:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ms13.jpg

They kept these horrible button with images.

Jonnyram

Seems we can read WMV from a PC with Media Connect installed now? So no more need for XP Media Center Edition? That would be awesome for me.

XBLA looks like
ms13.jpg
and there's now an auto-download feature.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Joe said:
gotcha, still pretty cool.
Yeah but it means an application like transcode will be impossible to do. Unless there is also mpeg2 playback in the dashboard that is.
Jonnyram: Yup, mediaconnect is enough.

Top Bottom