• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen, you will have your updates in due time. Currently I'm with my gal right now, and we're celebrating a momentous occasion - I proposed to her, and she said yes.

Never had a chance to meet or talk to you before, but I have heard about your epic story....anyways congrats and welcome back!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I haven't been on a first date in 3 years, but I might have something lined up here. It's going to be.... Interesting. I know how vatstep feels like with the "liking the attention" after such a long time part. :p

dralla

I just signed up for POF, when I send a message, should I attach a picture of myself? What's the point of that?

edit. nvm, this site kinda sucks from a design perspective.

Smiley90

I don't mean it rude.

Happened to a friend. She was stood up, asked what happened, was told guy saw her, thought she was ugly in person and bailed.

It's ludicrous in her place because she's cute

Oh man, ouch, what a douche move.

Leeness

I don't mean it rude.

Happened to a friend. She was stood up, asked what happened, was told guy saw her, thought she was ugly in person and bailed.

It's ludicrous in her place because she's cute

Ruuuude on their behalf, I mean.

An I that unattractiven in person? Lol. How unfortunate.

tagging this thread coz I signed up for an account a week ago!!!

this shyt sux lol. I'm more interested in playing the metagame of seeing how long it'll take to reach my message capacity off sent messages alone.

in the past 7 days I have reached 12%.

I'll be glad to share my profile later but in the meantime a serious question for the guys:

how many of yallz are Asian?!?!

becoz of all the few responses I do get back, aint a single one of them from a non-asian girl.

it hella sucks that the color of my skin alone puts me at an immediate disadvantage

Please tell me you don't write like that to the girls...

You're embarrassing the rest of us Asians here. Being able to write normal sentences is a must.

JEKKI

Please tell me you don't write like that to the girls...

You're embarrassing the rest of us Asians here. Being able to write normal sentences is a must.
if u honestly think it embarrasses you, then I'm glad to write like that!!

dem girls aint lookin at sentences, all they want is the dolla dolla bill yall!!

Ruuuude on their behalf, I mean.

An I that unattractiven in person? Lol. How unfortunate.

I've met up with girls who I wasn't attracted to. The thought of standing them up or bailing never crossed my mind. One of them is a really good friend now. She's super funny and an all around cool person.

Leeness

I've met up with girls who I wasn't attracted to. The thought of standing them up or bailing never crossed my mind. One of them is a really good friend now. She's super funny and an all around cool person.

See, that's the thing. JUST DON'T BE RUUUUDE. Lol.

You're a good guy then :p

No idea, haven't seen what you look like.

And even if you are, shouldn't be an issue if your pics don't attempt to distort reality

Not really. I mean, a couple are the "yep I'm trying to hide how I look" pictures but then I also have a full body picture that isn't hiding, and a couple of not-in-mood-light-that-hides-flaws lighting, so I'd say I'm not misrepresenting. I've got different things there, not just one head shot or anything.

As long as you're not putting up fake pics. Sounds like you just met a lot of d-bags.

Just all assholes apparently. Is POF/OKC just all jerks? Haha.

Jerks, jerks errywhere.

Leeness. Be honest with me.

Are you creating a false narrative about running into all these "shitty and mean guys" in order to garner attention and pity from GAF?

My inner skeptic has a hard time believing your claims. Especially when I see all these guys on GAF clamoring to comfort and console you.

Leeness

Every bump I see I'm hoping it's Ashodin giving an update.

I'm sorry D:

Leeness. Be honest with me.

Are you creating a false narrative about running into all these "shitty and mean guys" in order to garner attention and pity from GAF?

My inner skeptic has a hard time believing your claims. Especially when I see all these guys on GAF clamoring to comfort and console you.

No. Girl Scouts honour.

Maddocks

takes any longer to update, they will just ban him again.

But he's getting married. Do we really need an update other then,"we are happy. Thanks everyone."?

Hmm. Okay then.

Well, I wish you the best of luck.

Well THAT sounds genuine! :p
Atramental, bro, you know very well how hard it can be good looking people to get dates.

It's all about confidence more than anything, really.

Oh, and nothing personal for calling you out, 'tis just a bit of banter.
You're an alright, mate.

How do you go about showing confidence through text online anyway? I never quite got the hang of it. It either sounds stupid or arrogant. My thought right now is to be over the top and use hyperbole, but not sure how well that'll work.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Is POF/OKC just all jerks? Haha.

Jerks, jerks errywhere.
I dunno. I gave up on it after about six months and deleted my profile.

qs4suHg.jpg

Leeness

Hmm. Okay then.

Well, I wish you the best of luck.

Well, thank you. Even if you don't believe me :p

where are you even located? maybe that has something to do with it.

Vancouver area, where everyone is hot :(

It's all about confidence more than anything, really.

Trying to work on that. Haha. I'm starting to kind of get it in therapy though. Kind of. Still a while off, but working on it.

I dunno. I gave up on it after about six months and deleted my profile.

http://i.imgur.com/qs4suHg.jpg[/QUOTE]

Lol I've deleted two profiles so far and then went, ugh never mind and made another. I'm on my third, but I've hidden it from the search function now and will ignore it. Haha.

I wish I had my Never Alone picture my friend drew me. It was two Forever Aloners fist bumping haha.

Except now she's in a relationship, TRAITOR.

How do you go about showing confidence through text online anyway? I never quite got the hang of it. It either sounds stupid or arrogant. My thought right now is to be over the top and use hyperbole, but not sure how well that'll work.

Well, how would you go about showing confidence in real life?

The annoying answer is - you wouldn't if you don't know how to do it already.
You have to actually be confident before you will show confidence (automatically) - whether it is online or in real life.

That's why I recommend that you work on yourself, trying to improve yourself and become happy with who you are - rather than chasing tail and trying different pick-up lines.
Because once you accept who you are, and are both confident in yourself and in your abilities - you'll suddenly find that chatting up the potential romantic interests is a lot easier than before.

Yes, this is very vague, sorry :p

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Lol I've deleted two profiles so far and then went, ugh never mind and made another. I'm on my third, but I've hidden it from the search function now and will ignore it. Haha.

I wish I had my Never Alone picture my friend drew me. It was two Forever Aloners fist bumping haha.

Except now she's in a relationship, TRAITOR.
I know that feel. Pretty much all of my friends are in a relationship or have someone they're seeing/has someone who loves them. I am forever alone alone.

Well, how would you go about showing confidence in real life?

The annoying answer is - you wouldn't if you don't know how to do it already.
You have to actually be confident before you will show confidence (automatically) - whether it is online or in real life.

That's why I recommend that you work on yourself, trying to improve yourself and become happy with who you are - rather than chasing tail and trying different pick-up lines.
Because once you accept who you are, and are both confident in yourself and in your abilities - you'll suddenly find that chatting up the potential romantic interests is a lot easier than before.

Yes, this is very vague, sorry :p

No, it's not that. My problem has more to do with writing. Showing confidence in real life is very different from writing to me. I'm very good at what I do. The problem is, dating is not something I'm good at. Being out of touch and having the wrong mind set will do that to you.

Smiley90

just sparser in general. 600k in vancouver and who knows how many else in the surrounding areas.

every city out here has somewhere between 100k-300k people. in a 50 mile radius, there's probably a good 4-5 million residents.

I think Metro Vancouver/Lower Mainland is roughly 1.5 Mio? If I remember right. And yeah, tons of pretty people. Everywhere.

Signed on to this site after a month or so off. It's still awful for me. Trying to change up the profile a bit and add a couple pictures.

Los Angeles dating is the worst.

I've run out of things to say. wat do??

Transition to the cell phone phase of communication if you haven't already. Assuming things have gone well thus far, you can have fun exchanging pics. If she likes what she sees and is willing to reciprocate, things can escalate quickly and decidedly in your favor. I don't even mean to imply you'll get sexts, though that is possible (clearly, it depends on the chick). Rather, with some modicum of physical attractiveness established spontaneously, she's more likely to want to meet up.

I think there's a difference between this and feeling some attraction to a woman's profile pics -- it's sort of hot that she is taking new pics just for you, and vice versa. It's rather more personal.

This strategy is a gamble that a physical connection will exist. But are not most relationships begun on the basis of physical attraction anyway, and many not because of a lack of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom