• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 FW 4.40 is out

synce

Fuuuuck... Rebug finally releases 4.30 REX and Sony immediately counters with 4.40. Coincidence?

kassatsu

Banned
it finally unlocks the full 100% of the power of the Cell.

ScL9dr3.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Well I was having so many issues with the store yesterday, downloaded the new firmware and now it works fine. No issues buying stuff for me or accessing my download cart.

Cels

Is the store still slow as hell? I would be fine with the store if it worked crisply and not like a slug.

I do wish I knew what this did, but I needed to move items around from my Vita...

Installed alright and works (launch 60gb) so it seems safe all around.

Just wish it added Something, like unlocking a complete software based BC for PS2 titles that the system apparently HAS..

phierce

1) downloaded new FW
2) attempted to launch PS Store
3) store/ps3 frozen on blue/red opening store screen
4) realized the "new" store still sucks ass

Ghazi

I call bullshit! It was BC at launch and to a lesser extent on the 2nd model. They didn't care when it had BC and now they suddenly care 5 years later. Bullshit.

It was $600 at launch and can be found for around $250 now. I wanted a BC one at launch, but it was too expensive (for me) and I wanted to wait until it got cheaper, then they removed BC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I only wish...

What made them think having the store as a separate "app" was a good idea?

I used to enjoy quickly hopping on the store to browse for something then close it and pop right back into a game or whatever. Can't stand the loading and slow response time for everything in the new store. Sure it looks cool but functions terribly.

What's funny is that the download list still uses that old store's structure and background. You can see it and it's like "WHY DON'T YOU RETURN! YOU'RE SO MUCH FASTER!"

I mean it's nice they have the webstore and I can download stuff through the download list that way, but checking the store on the PS3 itself? Awful.

web01

There's an easy store fix.

You stop using that horrible shit on the PS3 and get on the webstore exclusively.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games

Whats the point if it doesn't auto download when you turn your ps3 on.
Still have to navigate the shitty store to get the stuff.

It really is disgraceful that the VITA and even PSP psn store are super fast and easier to use than PS3 store. People should tweet Yoshida about it.

It really is disgraceful that the VITA and even PSP psn store are super fast and easier to use than PS3 store. People should tweet Yoshida about it.

lol no you don't. Use the download list in account management.

jett

D-Member

Fail. You.

Check your download list through the account management menu on the xmb.

Nope.

kassatsu

Banned
バージョン4.40で更新される主な機能

非接触ICカードリーダー/ライター PaSoRi (RC-S380 ソニー株式会社商品)に対応しました。
システムソフトウェアにおいて、動作の安定性を改善しました。

http://www.sony.net/Products/felica/business/products/RC-S380.html

Those are the japanese patch notes.

So support for that nfc reader (RC-S380) and system stability.

UFRA

What's funny is that the download list still uses that old store's structure and background. You can see it and it's like "WHY DON'T YOU RETURN! YOU'RE SO MUCH FASTER!"

I mean it's nice they have the webstore and I can download stuff through the download list that way, but checking the store on the PS3 itself? Awful.

Haha, so true. Also, when you activate online passes for a new game it usually uses the old store's code redemption screen. Brings a tear to my eye just seeing the ol' store again.

Google Translate Verbatim: "have been updated in version 4.40 supports the main IC card reader / writer function in non-contact PaSoRi (Incorporated Commodity Sony RC-S380). The system software to improve the stability of the operation."

spoonman

Banned
I only know of one thing the new FW fixes, Trophy sorting.
At least we don't have to keep changing it to "sort by earned date v ".

spoonman

Banned
I wish they would add the option to recommend things from the store again without having to download and play the demo first.

I'd also like to have the ability to add games to a wishlist and buy at another time. This is standard fare with most store fronts.

B33

Banned
Guys, this update has a special feature!

This holiday season, your PlayStation 3 will spontaneously combust. Fortunately AND conveniently, the PlayStation 4 will be just hitting store shelves.

I can't quell my excitement.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I call bullshit! It was BC at launch and to a lesser extent on the 2nd model. They didn't care when it had BC and now they suddenly care 5 years later. Bullshit.

I am not going to speak for others, but BC for me it is very important. Games are a very important asset for a console and its legacy. *Pats launch PS3*

Top Bottom