• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Cyrano

I understand people's frustrations and them wanting more cast diversity. People want cast diversity because they want SG to succeed bwcause Lab Zero is the only fighting game dev who really seems to give a damn. I'm personally waiting for the holy grail of 'plays like marvel 3' + 'devs who give a damn and engage actively with players and fans Lab Zero-style'
yeah, I know it ain't happening :(
You're asking Capcom to not sell DLC gems. Which is like asking them to not sell DLC for a game at a price close to a full game.

Loona

This implies that I am willing to call the abominations that Beowulf is sporting from heel to toe "shoes."

Those crimes against practicality do not deserve such august nomenclature by any stretch of the imagination.

You're focusing on a specific type of shoe as a crime against practicality in a game where a character has gigantic blades connected to the bottom of her spine and a mask stitched to her face...

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
We need more Aeon fanart

a3jWYYm.jpg

Here you go.

V2wMOhv.png

In exchange for that, I demand some good Isaac fanart. He's got like no hype around here.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
You're focusing on a specific type of shoe as a crime against practicality in a game where a character has gigantic blades connected to the bottom of her spine and a mask stitched to her face...

But she doesn't have stress fractures in her metatarsals.

I know that a lack of regard for the importance of properly supportive footwear is tragically endemic in modern society, but we really should be demanding that our entertainment not perpetuate ignorance on the matter. Lab Zero has an opportunity to educate its audience on just how vital proper arch support and protection of the vulnerable foot bones is for long-term podiatric health, and yet they are instead regurgitating the same old harmful messages of the suitability of casual shoes for activities involving significant physical exertion.

For shame.

Loona

I know that a lack of regard for the importance of properly supportive footwear is tragically endemic in modern society, but we really should be demanding that our entertainment not perpetuate ignorance on the matter. Lab Zero has an opportunity to educate its audience on just how vital proper arch support and protection of the vulnerable foot bones is for long-term podiatric health, and yet they are instead regurgitating the same old harmful messages of the suitability of casual shoes for activities involving significant physical exertion.

In a game with self-decapitation and dismemberment...

Anbec7

That Bioshock reference in the art was amazing.

Now I need a Beowulf/Booker and Annie/Elizabeth or maybe Eliza would be better...(?)

C'mon artists of the thread :D :D :D

I voted Annie and Stanley this time.

I have increasingly fewer horses in this race.
Most of us do at this point.
Made some fanart for Annie.

I haven't learned to draw hands.
Shapes are a bit simple, but I really dig the shading for her hair and sword.

Nice work
DON'T FUCKING REMIND ME, I just felt so bad about not voting Minette.... god damn why didn't I meta vote Issac
I'm starting to wonder if Isaac will even make the list. It's all up in the air at this point. I'm too afraid to make any solid guesses outside of Beowulf.
I understand people's frustrations and them wanting more cast diversity. People want cast diversity because they want SG to succeed bwcause Lab Zero is the only fighting game dev who really seems to give a damn. I'm personally waiting for the holy grail of 'plays like marvel 3' + 'devs who give a damn and engage actively with players and fans Lab Zero-style'
yeah, I know it ain't happening :(
Lots of developers give a damn, but unfortunately they're not the money guys.
I did my part, now where's your fan art?
I haven't drawn in years and I have no scanner so here is this instead.

AngerFaust_zps8c044f1a.png

I voted Isaac and Eliza. I don't need to be thanked.
#teambloodtime
The thought of Aeon in top 4 terrifies me as an Eliza fan.

#DeathToTime
I'm happy to see that we're on the same team here at least.
Nice picture at the bottom. It must be from the same guy who did TTGL Annie.

More tumblr art?

Anniegirlofthestars_zps93e0a6e1.png

Moonlight

Banned
I agree SolarPowered, I've seen zero hype for Issac
I think, much like Aeon, he's got his own stable of supporters who feel less obligated to seriously campaign. I mean, sure, I see way less fan-art of him than Annie or Beowulf, but it's not exactly an indicative benchmark for popularity. I'm still reasonably confident he'll show up.

NEO0MJ

I agree SolarPowered, I've seen zero hype for Issac

Isaac is one of those characters that hides in the background and then kills you when you take your eyes off him. Not on Stanly's level (then again, who is?) but he has good chances.

And I still can't decide. Do I meta pick and choose Minette or go with someone I actually like which are Isaac/Eliza/Panzerfaust?

I think, much like Aeon, he's got his own stable of supporters who feel less obligated to seriously campaign. I mean, sure, I see way less fan-art of him than Annie or Beowulf, but it's not exactly an indicative benchmark for popularity. I'm still reasonably confident he'll show up.

Yeah. Feng had a lot of fan art and vocal supporters but she didn't even make it to this round.

Moonlight

Banned
Isaac is one of those characters that hides in the background and then kills you when you take your eyes off him.

And I still can't decide. Do I meta pick and choose Minette or go with someone I actually like which are Isaac/Eliza/Panzerfaust?
Just go with what you like. The metagaming is pretty silly, anyways.

But, y'know. Vote Isaac.

Beckx

Final Four Predictions* for a Tuesday:

Locks:

Annie
Stanley

Looks Good:

Eliza
Beowulf

On the Bubble:
Isaac
Aeon
Minette
PzFaust

*Predictions based on which characters are generating the "most" fan art and filtered with no science or methodology whatsover.

-------------------

Every time I look at PzFaust I can't get past one thing: it would take forever for that turret on his hand to turn and fire at an opponent. They should've gone with a stubby turret and had it face forward.

Ultimadrago

Final Four Predictions for a Tuesday:

Locks:

Annie
Stanley

I'm always surprised when a couple of people believe Stanley is a lock for Top 4. Perhaps it's because I always see worst-case scenario for my favorites. I don't have any crackpot theories to add to the fold, but I just don't see it.

I predict:

Beowulf, Annie, Eliza and Minette (this last one being a pure guess slot).

Dachande

Alright, I went for it. Eliza/Minette.

Annie I reckon will have enough votes to see her through without me needing to help out, and those two are the only others of the selection I'm interested in seriously trying to use.

Maki Hirasawa

Neo Member

Annie I reckon will have enough votes to see her through without me needing to help out, and those two are the only others of the selection I'm interested in seriously trying to use.

Since lot of ppl is thinking that way, im not sure about it right now

I love the exaggeration in this one so much.
I like abstract stuff and the coloring is really inky too.
Depends on who your primary vote is.
Yeah. Feng had a lot of fan art and vocal supporters but she didn't even make it to this round.
She probably missed top 8 by a hair.
Thats a nice Panzerfaust art Solar, great job.
Yeah... I said I haven't drawn in years and I have no scanner so you probably won't see art from me for a while. I could swear it's from Pixiv, but finding anything from there is a bitch. I think I'm gonna start bookmarking fanart or something. That is going to get out of hand real quick.

Beckx

Need some evil/crazyface Eliza art.

Not for the last time, I wish I had artistic talent. She's crying out for a Boris Vallejo interpretation.

Korigama

*sigh*
Assumptions like these could very well cost her in the end, if enough people think the same way.
Inching ever closer to that happening. Feng just might have some company soon (I'd like to be positive and believe I'm wrong, though)...

Roubjon

Can I just say that I think it's odd that the eyeball inside of Annie's Rabbit is a completely different size as the one in her head, even though the rabbit's is supposed to be Annie's?

Top Bottom