• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's soooooooo COLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, the wind chill here in lower Michigan is about 15 below. I slid my car all the way to gamestop to pick up Rogue Galaxy and their sign said "closed due to weather".

I hate winter.

Global warming, don't fail me now!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It was -35º F earlier today with windchill, it's up to a comparitively balmy -22º now. Going to be down to -28º F air temperature tonight. God I love this town! :(

fallout

Bah. I love the winter. Nothing like spending a day on the lake or the hill and coming home to a nice warm blanket.

Grecco

bjork said:
is it humid as hell all year? never been, but that's how I imagine it

Summer/aug... October-May its pretty awesome. Though id love to see Snow once in my life. :lol

Taichu

-27 F here in Wisconsin. Having to walk to everywhere from campus really blows. It was nearly unbearable just to walk to the cafeteria for some food. I couldn't bring myself to go study in the library just because of the bitter cold walk to get there. They should really cancel classes next week due to the temperature, because it doesn't seem like it will warm up to above zero temps until next Monday.

unomas

Banned
Taichu said:
-27 F here in Wisconsin. Having to walk to everywhere from campus really blows. It was nearly unbearable just to walk to the cafeteria for some food. I couldn't bring myself to go study in the library just because of the bitter cold walk to get there. They should really cancel classes next week due to the temperature, because it doesn't seem like it will warm up to above zero temps until next Monday.

I can confirm, it's cold as hell in Wisconsin right now.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
It was really cold yesterday in Madison, but I survived going out to run a few errands. Haven't gone out today though.....is it much colder?

-32 F here right now, but with wind chill it feels like -54 F. Winterpeg is earning it's name this week. My window has enough ice on it to keep a cooler full of beers cold all day tomorrow.

unomas

Banned
demon said:
It was really cold yesterday in Madison, but I survived going out to run a few errands. Haven't gone out today though.....is it much colder?
-23 right now in my neck of Wisconsin, not sure what it was yesterday though.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
14f here at the moment, 7 with windchill. Some snow on the ground. Still wearing shorts. ;b

JCX

Forgotten Ancient said:
Dammit, the wind chill here in lower Michigan is about 15 below. I slid my car all the way to gamestop to pick up Rogue Galaxy and their sign said "closed due to weather".

I hate winter.

I live in SE MI and was freezing at work.

EviLore said:
14f here at the moment, 7 with windchill. Some snow on the ground. Still wearing shorts. ;b

why do people do that? I've seen people in the dead of winter wear Shorts outside.
And those polar bear swim clubs in NYC are nuts.

It's so cold.

How cold is it? (8 °F / -13 °C)

So cold I turned on the heat in my house for the first time in three years!

My cats started freaking out.

Stupid cats.:lol

suaveric

i think this cold is screwing with my cable. the both my TV and internet is not acting normal. this had better not be a problem for the game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I thought this was gonna be about that omarion song

"I got this icebox where my heart used to be
I got this icebox where my heart used to be
No, I'm so cold, I'm so cold, I'm so cold, I'm so cold
No, I'm so cold, I'm so cold, I'm so cold"

Son of a bitch!

I just went to Taco Bell cus I'm starving and have nothing to eat. Apparently they closed due to the weather, too.

It's not THAT bad. C'mon, people.

WedgeX

Banned
It's freezing! Just walking to my car today my hands froze!

Not to mention white-out conditions on I-96. Damn wind.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Forgotten Ancient said:

I hate winter.

You ****ing pussy.

317ac1f.jpg

Yes, thats Celcius. And that does not include the windchill.
Its -48 C with the windchill, right now. The gasoline in my car froze today, had to pour de-icing liquid in it. I had to walk 2 blocks and felt like I was going to die. So stop your bitching.

EDIT: First time I use the snipping tool!

Gadeus

The weather's been fair in So Cal for the last couple days, but it has gotten somewhat chilly for the area off and on. Also, Southern California is a great place to live.

Hah! Yeah Wisconsin is daaamn cold right now. Around -30. I think I remember weather.com saying it was the coldest it's been since about a decade. Oh, out of curiosity, where are you Wisconsin guys going to school? (I'm in Beloit).

Meier

Snowed today in Tallahassee for only the 32nd time since the 1890s. Course it was just for a few minutes, but that's kind of odd. Especially since it was only 40 degrees or so at the time.

Borci88

Slurpy said:
You ****ing pussy.

317ac1f.jpg

Yes, thats Celcius. And that does not include the windchill.
Its -48 C with the windchill, right now. The gasoline in my car froze today, had to pour de-icing liquid in it. I had to walk 2 blocks and felt like I was going to die. So stop your bitching.
Lol, its like 38 degrees celcius over here, predicted 42 tomorrow... gonna be a hot one.

tnw

Banned
I miss winter like that. I'm from minneapolis, and I used to like making snow forts, cross country skiing, etc. (really cold snow is good for that). It's like 40F (8C) in Tokyo right now, and everyone thinks it's so cold. psh.

Why would you want to live somewhere where it's 70F in the late january/early february? I like the extreme four seasons that the mid continent gets. Makes you balanced and real, unlike most people I've met from southern california.

MIMIC

Banned
Holy shit! It feels like -17°F in Cleveland :lol

Glad it only feels like -5°F here in Columbus. =p

Mmm...its 12ºC (53.6F if an inet conversor works) here and everybody says its cold. Its normal since in Summer there are up to 45ºC (110F) degrees :lol

Papi

mostly_sunny.gif

Max: 29°
Min: 21°

Had a mad barbecue pool party this arvo. Don't know what you guys are on about.
confused_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom