• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Lair screens (really)

KurowaSan

or so i think, this time :lol
i did search and found nothing so...

foto_f154252.jpg

foto_f154251.jpg

foto_f154250.jpg

foto_f154249.jpg

foto_f154248.jpg

foto_f154247.jpg

foto_f154253.jpg

foto_f154244.jpg

foto_f154242.jpg

foto_f154241.jpg

foto_f154240.jpg

foto_f154243.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
o_O

Eww....that thing looks like a roach with a smily face. I don't even know how to comment on these. Some of them look good, and some of the others look...weird?

santouras

the rocks in the last shot look a bit whack, but other then that nice. Ocean is nicely done, would like to see how realistic water spraying off of waves looks.

acevans2

My jaw literally dropped. I wonder how long this game is going to be... Seems like it has a semi SotC vibe with the grossly enourmous bosses. (Are they bosses?)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY **** ON A ****ING POGOSTICK!

Ranger X

xabre said:
Nothing you couldn't do on a 360...now what exactly is the point of this game?

Wait, you expect PS3 should have game not possible to be done on 360?
I don't get that comment of yours unless it's trolling.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Picking jaw up from floor.

Best water yet?

The art direction here is spot on.

El Papa

That's pretty nuttastic. I'd like to see gameplay shots though, everything I've seen on this game so far looks like a cutscene.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
foto_f154250.jpg

HOLY DICK HOLD SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT SHIT IS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O_O

The water surface and sky are very nice. Everything else, while good looking, feels muted and flat because of the lighting. Probably looks much better in motion because of the surfaces.

xabre

Banned
Ranger X said:
Wait, you expect PS3 should have game not possible to be done on 360?

Well yes I do as a matter of fact as a justification for the one year late arrival and additional expense. Besides that though, I'd like to know the point of this game, all I've seen out of this game are dragons flying around...oh joy. I'm sure it has a point and I'm curious to know what it is.

GreekWolf

Probably in the minority, but I just don't like anything at all about this game. EXCEPT for the water. The ocean looks really impressive, and may be the best I've seen yet.

xabre said:
Nothing you couldn't do on a 360...now what exactly is the point of this game?
Wow can you life **** off?
2006-01-15_xbox.jpg

This is the damn reason I don't want a Xbox, so many "our sis better" who cares? Its a game go stare at some halo screens because its not coming to PS3.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway the screens are getting better than before. The last pic with the rocks/water are really good. I think this would look better in motion though, some of the water pics near the top look "thick".

kevm3

This game looks unbelievable. It also looks like they got rid of that nasty yellow tint that was on the bridge stage.

*awaits complaints about the most inconsequential things ("Uh rocks look like garbage. Where is the foliage?")

This shot is crazy...
foto_f154252.jpg

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
TTP said:
**** the art dude! :lol

:p

The art direction in LAIR certainly is very special. You couldn't achieve this level of consistency and quality across the board without a strong aesthetic vision.

This game has vision.

xabre said:
Well yes I do as a matter of fact as a justification for the one year late arrival and additional expense. Besides that though, I'd like to know the point of this game, all I've seen out of this game are dragons flying around...oh joy. I'm sure it has a point and I'm curious to know what it is.

Did they not teach the use of google in troll school?

CrushDance said:
This is the damn reason I don't want a Xbox, so many "our sis better" who cares? Its a game go stare at some halo screens because its not coming to PS3.

Dude wake up. Every fanboy is like that. :lol

OokieSpookie said:
Did they not teach the use of google in troll school?
Its only just begun you watch. This games review is going to be a heart breaker or a heart warmer lol. It looks good but can it play good? I want to see this in motion argh.

@Karma: No not this bad though or maybe I just notice it more. The PS3 launch was short(not enough systems etc). And I'm still holding off on getting one, but every damn PS3 thread "is this coming to 360?, I'll only play it on 360, PS3 sucks compared to 360 version" Its mind numbing...seriously.

xabre

Banned
CrushDance said:
Wow can you life **** off?

Well looks if it offends you people so much I take it back...the 360 can never pump out these sorts of visuals...happy now?

As I've said though, I'm less interested in what the game looks like and more interested in what you actually DO in it. So please enlighten me on this.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
xabre said:
Well looks if it offends you people so much I take it back...the 360 can never pump out these sorts of visuals...happy now?

Why the hell you mentioned the 360 in a PS3 game thread in the first place is beyond me.

Ranger X

xabre said:
Well yes I do as a matter of fact as a justification for the one year late arrival and additional expense.

Additional expense are because of the BRD drive and yes some technical stuff the PS3 can do more than 360 but all in all, the games will be similar. Get real, you should know that by now.
The max difference you will see between 360 and PS3 is the kind of difference you seen with PS2 and Xbox. Both machines are very comparable.

Top Bottom