• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Q4 FY13 Results: FIFA - 14.5M, BF3:P - 3.5M, SimCity - 1.6M; $323M Profit

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We'll have additional threads as the call news comes through in an hour.

EA said:
GAAP Net Income $323
EA said:
Electronic Arts Reports Q4 FY13 and FY13 Financial Results

FY 2013 Non-GAAP Digital Net Revenue Up 36% to $1.7 Billion

FIFA 13 Sells Over 14.5 Million Units in FY 2013

Battlefield 3 Premium Has Over 3.5 Million Subscribers To Date

SimCity Sells Over 1.6 Million Units To Date

EA and The Walt Disney Company Announce Multi-Year Star Wars Franchise Agreement
Category:
Company News
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 1:01 pm PDT
EmailPDFPrintRSSShareThis
"As we enter a new fiscal year, EA is well-positioned for dynamic growth on next generation consoles, PCs, and mobile platforms,"

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced preliminary financial results for its fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2013.

“As we enter a new fiscal year, EA is well-positioned for dynamic growth on next generation consoles, PCs, and mobile platforms,” said Executive Chairman Larry Probst. “With world-class games, a rapidly growing digital business, and top-notch creative talent, we are excited about EA’s strategy for FY 2014 and beyond.”

“EA has a solid operating plan with disciplined R&D spending and a sharp focus on delivering the best games and services,” said Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen. “We are holding our FY 2014 operating expenses flat to the prior year – a significant achievement in a console transition year.”

“EA and Disney have signed an agreement to create a number of games on the Star Wars franchise,” said EA President of Labels Frank Gibeau. “Our agreement unlocks a whole new future of Star Wars games that will span consoles, PCs, tablets, mobile, and more.”

Selected Operating Highlights and Metrics:

*On a non-GAAP basis

EA was the #1 publisher in Western retail markets in the March quarter, and the #1 global publisher in the iOS game market for FY 2013.
Battlefield 3™ Premium generated over $120 million* in revenue through the March quarter, and has over 3.5 million subscriptions to date.
SimCity™ sold through over 1.6 million units since launching in March, with approximately 50% of sales in the form of digital downloads.
FIFA 13 sold through over 14.5 million units in FY 2013, approximately a 30% increase versus FIFA 12 in the prior year.
FIFA 13 digital net revenue topped $200 million* in FY 2013, a 94% increase versus FIFA 12 in the prior year.
Total FIFA digital net revenue generated nearly $350 million* in FY 2013, including EA SPORTS™ FIFA Online and FIFA World Class Soccer.
The Simpsons™: Tapped Out was a top-5 grossing iOS game in the March quarter, generating almost $10 million* in digital net revenue in the month of March, and totaling almost $50 million* since launching in August.
Real Racing™ 3, the #1 racing title on iOS, has generated more than 30 million downloads, and has averaged over 2.5 million daily active users since launching in March.
EA’s games and services for mobile and handheld digital revenue generated $104 million* in the quarter, a 21%* year-over-year increase in digital net revenue.
EA’s Origin™ platform for downloading digital games and services has registered over 47 million users, including 20 million mobile users.
Trailing twelve-month non-GAAP digital net revenue was up 36% to a record $1.7 billion*.
Trailing twelve-month operating cash flow was $324 million, a $47 million improvement versus the prior year.
EA will develop and publish new Star Wars titles for fans across the most popular gaming genres and platforms.
Source: http://news.ea.com/press-release/co...ts-reports-q4-fy13-and-fy13-financial-results

ea15kf00.png

ea2wdfsv.png

ea3fqi8i.png

Rösti;57080232 said:

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, here I was updating the investor page like a maniac thinking it would show up any minute. Ah well, the conference call I'm looking forward to the most.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) will release its financial results for the fourth quarter fiscal year 2013 after the close of market on Tuesday, May 7, 2013. In conjunction with this release, EA will host a conference call to review its financial results for the fourth quarter, discuss its outlook for the future and may disclose other material developments affecting its business and/or financial performance. Listeners may access the conference call live via a dial-in number or audio webcast.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013
2:00 pm Pacific Time (5:00 pm Eastern Time)

Dial-in numbers:
Domestic: 773-799-3213; International: 888-677-1083
Passcode: EA

Webcast: http://ir.ea.com
New thread for that, Nirolak, or should we use this one?

Added: ;)

iavi

BF3 stays pumping money in for them. wow.

I knew the series had gotten big, but never realized it had become such the cashcow.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Are the 3.5 million Premium users just the stand alone or the numbers inflated with the BF3 Full Package, where the copy is Premium

That shit is crazy

Brickhunt

SimCity may have pulled good numbers, but I have no doubt the brand has been damaged by this online requirement fiasco.

Mario007

[Real Racing™ 3, the #1 racing title on iOS, has generated more than 30 million downloads, and has averaged over 2.5 million daily active users since launching in March./quote]
Seeing that the revenue generated from RR3 is not mentioned, can this be a sign the f2p model of RR3 isn't working out for them?

Smash88

Banned
It sold 1.1m in two weeks. So that puts it into more perspective. They really haven't added much since the initial launch.

Pretty much this. Simcity could have done way better, but 1.6 million sold after the initial 1.1 million sold two weeks after release, makes this a poor selling game.

tnaden

It sold 1.1m in two weeks. So that puts it into more perspective. They really haven't added much since the initial launch.

Pretty much this. Simcity could have done way better, but 1.6 million sold after the initial 1.1 million sold two weeks after release, makes this a poor selling game.

Feeling a little better... but that's still a fairly high number for a broken game.

Squire

Banned
BF3 stays pumping money in for them. wow.

I knew the series had gotten big, but never realized it had become such the cashcow.

4 is going to be massive. I'll be very surprised if they're first SW project on consoles/PC isn't Star Wars: Battlefield.

nekomix

And operating income (more interesting)? Or is it in the link?

EDIT : Oh wait, I should read better, it's in the link. So these are good numbers after TOR's huge disaster.

Into

FIFA 13 Sells Over 14.5 Million Units in FY 2013

That has to be the best selling FIFA 13 of all time and best selling EA Sports game? I know Madden was big in PS2 days, but not to this scale, not even close.

dalin80

Banned
Everything bad that happens from now, every awful anti-consumer and anti-gamer decision we can blame completely on those who purchased SimCity knowing it was designed solely to see what the limit for being screwed over was.

So thank you, you 1.6m people... You have ruined everything.

Haunted

Imagine how much more they could've sold without some of the worst word-of-mouth a videogame has received in recent years.

That said, if anything reaches the exec's ears, it's these sales numbers that will make them reconsider that always online approach.

acm2000

dat FIFA beast

shows how much money konamis unpossible slackness is making EA, PES has been a joke for many years, probably to the point where even if PES was actually better, it would still fail miserably

Foshy

Sales broken down by platform. Ouch at $5 million for Wii.

uN3UedG.png

PlayStation handhelds vs Nintendo handheld is pretty impressive. Seems like they will continue putting games on Vita.

Then again, both are pretty low compared to the rest so maybe they'll abandon handhelds altogether. Can't see them supporting 3DS and not Vita though.

AlexBasch

There's a good reason why FIFA's remain expensive until nearly June-July or so, they still sell a goddamn lot.

shows how much konamis unpossible slackness has making EA, PES has been a joke for many years, probably to the point where even if PES was actually better, it would still fail miserably
I managed to get a copy of PES2013 on a odd trade and...damn, here's hoping I can make some money out of it, because the game is dead as fuck. FIFA shows why it sells millions every year. I'm part of the "problem" and I don't care. :p

BuzzJive

Am I reading this right? This is the lowest revenue they've had in at least 4 years (the only ones in their spreadsheet), and they're predicting a $300 million loss for FY 2014?

If so - wow. If not - then why are these things so convoluted...

Into

Sales broken down by platform. Ouch at $5 million for Wii.

uN3UedG.png

Interesting, any reason why 360 software sales saw a bigger decline than PS3? They are releasing the same games for all systems? FIFA 13 in Europe on PS3 being huge?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Interesting, any reason why 360 software sales saw a bigger decline than PS3? They are releasing the same games for all systems? FIFA 13 in Europe on PS3 being huge?

My guess would be the Medal of Honor vs. Battlefield 3 + Mass Effect 3 comparison.

Duxxy3

PlayStation handhelds vs Nintendo handheld is pretty impressive. Seems like they will continue putting games on Vita.

Then again, both are pretty low compared to the rest so maybe they'll abandon handhelds altogether. Can't see them supporting 3DS and not Vita though.

I have to admit that I'm surprised with the vita sales also.

Jb

Man, they're the #1 mobile publisher and their mobile division only generated 9% of their net revenue?

I can see now why big publishers are hesitant to completely switch to the mobile space, you just don't make the kind of money required to keep a company this big afloat.

EA doesn't even release games on 3DS anymore. They have only released 6 games, 4 of which were released back in 2011. The only game 3DS is getting is FIFA and that is required by their contract with FIFA which mandates yearly releases for all systems.

Saty

"Frontline: SimCity sold through over 1.4M units in four weeks, with over half of sales from Origin direct downloads, helping offset packaged goods challenges"

I see EA thanks SimCity for saving their quarter!

But what the hell is going on with the sales figure? Main article says 1.6, PDF says 1.4 but when they announced the Mac version in April 10th they said "With more than 1.3 million units sold on PC since launch".

http://ir.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=755589

???

The results are up to the end of March. How could Simcity sell 1.6\1.4M copies if in April they said 1.3?

Top Bottom