• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

William Finchtner joins Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles film

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/tee...chtner/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

william-fichtner.jpg

He’s not playing a turtle in Paramount’s reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but William Fichtner is on board for the movie. Details on the actor’s role are sketchy, but Fichtner is said to be playing a lead with iconic stature in the Turtles’ mythology.

If Fichtner is gonna play Shredder... fuck you Michael Bay.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
first the arsehole from Third Rock, now this fuckface

Bay only needs to make a cameo and we have the triforce of people whose faces I want to steamroll with a tyrannosaur

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Turtles mythology only has like seven iconic characters total. So he's Shredder.

Credo

It's been so long that I kept up with anything TMNT-related that I'd have to say he's going to be either Baxter Stockman or Rat King, and I don't know why they'd have Rat King in a TMNT movie, so I'd lean toward Baxter.

Zozobra

Baxter was a black guy in the original comics and the recent cartoons. But I rather Fitchner be Baxter than Shredder.

Oh, yeah my only knowledge of the character was from the OG cartoon show, haven't seen any of the newer stuff or read the comic with Baxter in it.

Salsa

this guy just really has that "acts as tough guy but is a pussy" face

Van Zant in Heat forever marked him

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Obviously a bad choice, but casting a Street Fighter movie seems like a fucking nightmare to me.

That was one of those "they didn't even fucking try" movies that just throws everything about the source material out the window (I'm scared that Turtles is looking this way).

Even if Raul Julia wasn't the perfect Bison, his version of the character was at least sort of trying to be the one from the games. And he was awesome in his own way anyway.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Shredder should be Ken Watanabe. Yeah because it's one of the only badass Japanese names in Hollywood, but so what. It seems appropriate for the character.

AkuMifune

Banned
He's the skeptical and grumpy fbi agent who has to deal with the turtles traveling logistics.

It's fucking michael bay.

120v

probably too old to be casey jones, assuming he's still april's love interest. shredder or splinter are safe bets. though i hope they do something different villain-wise and save shredder for the sequel or something (not that my hopes are high to begin with)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom