• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Never Go Full Furry: MLP Equestrian Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Why does the promotional art in the first post show them as human bodied girls with horse faces, ears, and tails, but in the actual movie they're just normal humans?
The OP posted the original disastrously awful character designs instead of the current still terrible ones.

Wasn't the whole point of my little pony to create a show with relatable well-characterized girls that avoids stereotypical bullshit like boy-crazed mindless high school drones? Everything about this is atrocious.

$200

Banned
Why does the promotional art in the first post show them as human bodied girls with horse faces, ears, and tails, but in the actual movie they're just normal humans?

Because the advertising team for ponies at Hasbro are idiots and have a reputation of making bad art / vectors.

Promotional

263689.jpeg

Actual show

280px-Twilight2.png

Jacob

I'm curious about this myself. Hopefully someone sane within Hasbro put their foot down at the prospect of a feature length furry anthro movie.

Sooo.... they basically took the ponies out of my little ponies

Not that simple. People like MLP because it's a fun slice of life show that's enjoyable regardless of age or gender which is what the show creator Lauren Faust wanted in the first place. This is basically a huge step backward, focusing on the saccharine "grrl power" mentality that plagued previous shows.

Odrion

Banned
So the actual MLP team is doing this? Kinda a indicator of who's in charge now.

This and another awful season should kill off most of the fanbase.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not human enough.

As someone who works at a movie theater.... I really hope I get scheduled concessions... for a month straight while it releases and inevitably leaves.

Videoneon

It looks awful, premise is extremely grating vis a vis the original series (and the premise of Equestria Girls is awful on its own). Avril Lavigne-type song. This is not the pony I wanted.

So Hasbro saw that Mattel was making a killing with its Monster High shit and just said "Us, too" apparently.

Is that part of the reason why this happened? Huh.

Well, MLP:FiM had a good run. It was either going to be the fans slowly losing interest over time and moving on to the next big thing or Hasbro making a giant misstep and driving the fans off in droves that would kill this fad, and it seems like Hasbro has jumped at the chance to do the latter. Oh well, let's just hope that whatever the fans move on to next doesn't have the inherent creep factor that this had.

During Season 2 I occasionally wondered how it would all end, and sadly it looks like this is it.

rrs

Monster High ripoff?

Monster High ripoff. Also this looks awful and is the complete opposite of why the internet actually watched ponies: because it was actually decent.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This is going to be an entertaining film.

It's made by most the same crew show did the show, so I am open to the possibility that it could be good. And I think I watched way too much Doug as a kid to be weirded out by the skin tones.

If it sucks...

Oy3FE.gif

Still pretty entertaining.

tumblr_mmq9s0IplN1qzkiifo4_1280.png

We all joke, but pony body dysmorphia is a real problem. I hope this film does it justice.

I honestly feel sorry for humans who are really ponies, if only they could be magically transported back into their true pony bodies.

Platy

...they have wings in the image.

Lauren Faust must be screaming on her grave whenever she is

...I am kinda afraid of the human version of Derpy

LowParry

Why? Is this Hasbro's way of acknowledging Bronies? Won't they get mad when they see their pony friends trying to hook up with other highsc....waaaaaait a minute....

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Why? Is this Hasbro's way of acknowledging Bronies? Won't they get mad when they see their pony friends trying to hook up with other highsc....waaaaaait a minute....

Where the new MLP show was made to be a show kids and parents could watch together (and then gained an expanded audience of non-parents), this show seems firmly targeted at the tween girl market that won't be watching stuff with their parents. It could (likely) be a clusterfuck, or maybe it will be enjoyable, say like Doug.

Either way the regular show is continuing, and as of now, this show isn't even confirmed to be a series. They seem to be taking an approach of doing a miniseires (or in this case a film) to gauge interest, and will go from there.

LowParry

Where the new MLP show was made to be a show kids and parents could watch together (and then gained an expanded audience of non-parents), this show seems firmly targeted at the tween girl market that won't be watching stuff with their parents. It could (likely) be a clusterfuck, or maybe it will be enjoyable, say like Doug.

Either way the regular show is continuing, and as of now, this show isn't even confirmed to be a series. They seem to be taking an approach of doing a miniseires (or in this case a film) to gauge interest, and will go from there.

Can't be any worse than what they did with Teen Titans. Who the hell was asking for that nonsense?

GrizzNKev

Banned
So I'm in a Skype call with my friends who know all about this brony kid and are utterly disgusted by MLP in general. I send them the link, one of them in the call is on his iPhone. When he finds out what I sent him, he runs to the bathroom, pretends to vomit, and flushes the toilet.

That about sums up my feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom