• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You Never Go Full Furry: MLP Equestrian Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Oh wow. So they're really doing this, huh?

I'm just gonna assume this was one of the reasons Faust left.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Can't be real. Can't be.

I think the denouement with the guy telling Hasbro that they're never going to make any money on the show without catering to his demographic followed immediately by an exhortation to his fellow pony afficionados to go buy it is too clever for it not to be a joke.

Legit made me laugh, though.

23363355.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The point is to sell toys

The sad truth.

I appreciate what Lauren Faust has done, and has shown that with the right team, anything can be quality. But as Season 3 and... this have shown, remove the team and it all goes to hell.
But such is the fate of shows made to sell toys, and Hasbro is the worst of them all.

Acerac

Banned
This is fucking hilarious, You Bronies did this to yourselves, you have nobody else but yourselves to blame. :lol:

And I think it's hilarious that you think the existence of Bronies had any impact on the creation of this mess. So everyone is having fun... other than people who still think MLP:FiM is still a legit show. :)

Sometimes I envy those who are artistically blind.

You need to draw big red circles on it because apparently I'm missing something. Some parts of the hair don't exactly match up, and there is an extra line on her horn. Is that really what you're complaining about?

I honestly think bronies factored into this decision. Frankly, they were likely tainting the brand. Hasbro doesn't want to own an ironic pop culture phenomenon that will be dropped by all but a creepy underground fanbase in less than a year. They want a consistent, profitable, franchise for young girls - and that is what this is.

Videoneon

You need to draw big red circles on it because apparently I'm missing something. Some parts of the hair don't exactly match up, and there is an extra line on her horn. Is that really what you're complaining about?

Basically the entirety of her head as I see it. The eye placement in particular makes Twilight Sparkle look dopey.

$200

Banned

I would draw a red big circle over the entire top picture because everything about it is bad proportion wise.

Haha what? You can't be serious, you sound rather haughty man.

Sorry I'm having some difficulty telling if people are just trolling or seriously cannot see the difference in quality. If it's the latter it explains why Hasbro can continuously get away with using crappy art.

It's slightly different but I don't see why anyone would get upset about such minor details.

I'd say it's the whole shape of the head and eyes that looks off to me. Personally, it doesn't upset me but something a little more on model would be nice.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I would draw a red big circle over the entire top picture because everything about it is bad proportion wise.

Sorry I'm having some difficulty telling if people are just trolling or seriously cannot see the difference in quality. If it's the latter it explains why Hasbro can continuously get away with using crappy art.

Its a box of fruit snacks

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
lmao this is actually hilarious, especially if bronies are disowning it.

I think hasbro might be geniuses

"sir, look at what we have created, they call themselves.......bronies"
"engage abort sequence, godspeed"

Acerac

Banned
Go on DeviantArt and type in MLP, see what you get.
I see a bunch of pony pictures. One would expect to see images of the new versions of these characters with the recent announcement but surprisingly I don't see any.

Nobody cares about bronies. Other than the people who hate them of course.

PaulloDEC

Anyone who thinks that Hasbro did this for the Brony demo is out of their mind.

As a bunch of people have already said, this is about Hasbro wanting to make a grab for the Monster High market, using a well-known brand a launchpad. They're really not interested in making TV/Film unless it's to support their primary area of business, i.e. Toys.

Anyway. Based on the trailer, I'm not keen. It actually bothers me most that we've gone from all six main characters in FiM living and working independently to a stock-standard high-school setting. They've actually regressed the formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom