• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB IV: A New Hope - Summary of new confirmed X/Y Info

Neiteio

Go_Dog_Go.jpg

BUT NOW IT'S A GOAT.

Wait, why are we doubting WPM, they got all four English names right...?

Like someone said before, the source could've gotten scraps of true information from somewhere (like the four names) and then peppered them among lies to make them seem more credible. It's not the most likely scenario; but it's possible, and I'd actually be okay with parts of that rumour being false (Fairy beig SE against Dark and Fighting is Tauros crap).

I guess I'm just a skeptical guy.

Take a look at this screenshot from the game.

TgfNyqG.jpg

As you can see, this is the end of Route 3 in Kalos and in the distance you can see a town. Notice that there seems to be stone walls surrounding the town. Also notice that there's a small body of water north of the town. Then, if you look towards the middle of the town, you'll see what looks like a water fountain. Now, notice the green roofs on most of the houses. Finally, notice how the road is mostly straight but then curves to the left at the top to reach the town. Alright, now take a look at this screenshot from the map of Kalos:

Nb7gwBr.png

Neiteio

Like someone said before, the source could've gotten scraps of true information from somewhere (like the four names) and then peppered them among lies to make them seem more credible. It's not the most likely scenario; but it's possible, and I'd actually be okay with parts of that rumour being false (Fairy beig SE against Dark and Fighting is Tauros crap).

I guess I'm just a skeptical guy.
I appreciate healthy skepticism, I was just wondering why the change of tune. I hadn't seen the earlier comments about the WPM stuff possibly being a mix.

It's also possible that WPM's source might know something about the Fairy-type, but might not have all the type matchups down pat.

Good detective work. That confirms the location of the starting town (just below the forest). I took a look at the two structures in the first town and it looks like there are two houses joined by a bridge, and a conspicuously large lab-thing. This could get interesting. It's got to be down below the screenshot town if size and structures are any indication.

Aggrotek

TgfNyqG.jpg

As you can see, this is the end of Route 3 in Kalos and in the distance you can see a town. Notice that there seems to be stone walls surrounding the town. Also notice that there's a small body of water north of the town. Then, if you look towards the middle of the town, you'll see what looks like a water fountain. Now, notice the green roofs on most of the houses. Finally, notice how the road is mostly straight but then curves to the left at the top to reach the town. Alright, now take a look at this screenshot from the map of Kalos:

Nb7gwBr.png

Wonder where we start then. Maybe the snow town? Or the town at the very bottom?

Man I'd love to see some kind of artbook with all that shit. Too bad that's never going to happen.

Not if the baby Gogoat is a thing!

Stage 1 means it has a prevo.

TgfNyqG.jpg

Nb7gwBr.png

Huh, that's cool.

Also, since it is route 3, this could mean that we are going to start in the mansions to the south.

From the looks of it, Routes 1-2 go through the forest and perimeter regions before reaching the aims road leading up to the second town. That's why the river appears to the left in the Route 2 screenie.

Posted this in the other thread, will post here

Was just processing the Pokédex art and I saw this. Beneath Zigzagoon is a Pokémon I don't recognise. As it seems to be the same selection screen sprites since 2002 for this, I did a quick search and saw nothing that matched.

Any ideas?

Looks like a Makuhita...

Joqu

I wonder if we'll be able to choose a difficulty setting without going through a hassle this time.

Stage 1 means it has a prevo.

Oh that's right, I used to play the tcg, I should have remembered that. But it's a pretty weird meaning for an evolution in my defense!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wow, I'm getting used to the graphics now and all the little touches are exciting. I really love to see scaling of creative worlds in my RPGs and now that Pokemon is finally in full 3D it can achieve that.

Ryoku

46.jpg
47.jpg

Doesn't match Maractus' sprite
556.png

Notice how the region "emblem" is a star, just like it was pointed out on the main site about the shape of the region itself.

X (boxart and Xerneas) is blue, and in the map we can see a large forest to the west.

Y (boxart and Yveltal) is red, and in the map we can see a pretty mountainous region to the east. Sky stuff.

May lead to some hints about where the story goes.

Ezalc

255400_56850039652289t5lds.png

Plenty. Top of my head, no water, electric and steel.

Kinda hope pokemon like Spinda, Dunsparce, Delibird, Mawile and other basics like that get some evolutions or something. Tauros, Farfetch'd, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Torkoal, maybe Heracross, Pinsir, etc.

I hope the E4 is a bunch of as of yet unused types. Seeing psychic, bug, ice, and dark so much kind of sucks.

Daingurse

So glad Fennekin is Fire/Psychic. My favorite types rolled in one, my favorites types getting defensive buffs!

37341936.jpg

Also lol at Gogoat, love that name.

Looks like there are more squat houses in the starter town. Who knows if the PCs are rich or not...

Anyway, that's just the grandiose big building and and character designs speaking for themselves.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
may_p3_1.jpg

3 girls here, right? No fucking way these 3 aren't girls.
I hope they pull a Battle Revolution for the US release and give us a darker skin tone option because the guy on the right just isn't enough. I mean, dude just has a spray-on tan and some hazel contact lenses.

Top Bottom