• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft FY2013 result and briefing (FC3 6m, AC3 12.5m, Nextgen/future plans)

Pooya

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/Ubisoft FY13 earnings Englishtcm9996982.pdf

the slides are full of information about future strategy
https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/Ubisoft slide show FY13 finaltcm9996991.pdf

capturefqjxd.png

capturepe5kd4.png

captureir4jpz.png

capture82mj13.png

capture3f4kfc.png

capture2gckzu.png

capture0xxj2d.png

Mesoian

Are those FC3 and AC3 numbers shipped or sold?

Because if they sold 12.3 million copies of AC3 in 6 months, that's fucking incredible.

they seem to have a good vision. it's simplified more than normal corporate prattle and i get it. except that "quality" is such a nebulous thing to strive for in the end.

i've figured that as dev costs rise (for core graphically intense gaming) there will be consolidation. this means there will be fewer larger survivors, but those left will have a larger pie to divvy up and should stand to gain. maybe ubisoft shows that in action. by my theory activision and ea should also prosper.

Nizz

"Far Cry and Watchdogs strong contenders for the Next Gen top 20"

So, a chance Far Cry 3 will get a next gen port?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Though my thread was a minute before this one, more interest appears to have sparked here, so I might as well quote myself from the other thread, just for a bit more context:

Rösti;57752324 said:
Feel free to update the OP with any of these images, miladesn.

Little purpose in having two threads going for the same thing. The conference call begins in about 4 minutes btw.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Ubisoft is a weird company for me. They might have done some weird shit through out this generation and done a lot of weird moves but they have released some great games and new IPs. They deserve the success they have gone for, they show that core gaming is not going anywhere.

Crawl

It seems like Activision, Take-Two & Ubisoft know how to run a games publisher. So what does EA and Square-Enix have to say for themselves?

So since Ghost Recon Future Soldier is here anyway, how many unites did it sell ?!, I could't find numbers anywhere.

Also Key Factor of Success: - Regluar Releases, you think we will see Watch Dogs or something else turning annual ?!, or will it remain only AC and Just Dance ?!

One got to wonder how Splinter Cell Blacklist, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, and Watch_Dogs will perform, being so close to each other, and having a very strong competition.

"Far Cry and Watchdogs strong contenders for the Next Gen top 20"

So, a chance Far Cry 3 will get a next gen port?

Or maybe Far Cry 4 is being developed to be released in 2014 ?!, that to me makes more sense, or maybe what I would like.

kuYuri

Ghost Recon not a total bomb then? It did well in the NPD first month of release, but tapered off after that.

Saty

Far Cry numbers don't make sense. Slide mentions all games of the franchise are at 7M units. Far Cry 3 is said to have shipped+digital 6M units in the new report. Did Far Cry 1&2 really ship just 1M units combined?

Edit: same goes for AC figures.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Far Cry numbers don't make sense. Slide mentions all games of the franchise are at 7M units. Far Cry 3 is said to have shipped+digital 6M units in the new report. Did Far Cry 1&2 really ship just 1M units combined?

Edit: same goes for AC figures.
I forget, did they do an HD re-release of the first two?

Pooya

-for titles in FY14, generally the cost of those games are inline with what we had for old generation.
Yves later said that this cost to increase in future years as they will invest more.

- what percent of revenue from new gen? some things aren't official yet, too soon to mention that.

- For Assassin' Creed they expect less than last year.

-2-4 percent of their PS360 sales were digital <- I think they meant for the whole gen.

/I'm gonna listen again when it's archived in a bit, missed some parts.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Anything interesting in the call so far btw? I don't think anyone writes transcripts based on theirs.
A lot of next generation questions from investors, and many good questions. Nothing groundbreaking in my opinion though. It appears Ubisoft's E3 presence will be massive.

Into

captureooozzk89.png

"core gamers are starving!"

Other than the funny sentences and choice of words, Ubisoft is not taking any crap from all this doom and gloom about how all 3 consoles will fail and how people do not want to play games anymore, because they can download 1 dollar game on their cellphones, or just flat out do not like videogames anymore for whatever reason.

So whereas EA and Activision are more lukewarm and careful, Ubisoft is going full steam ahead, simply adopting the 30 year old rule of "new hardware will naturally bring old and new consumers back".

They supported the Wii U with a good new fresh title in Zombi U and were one of the first to show Watch_Dogs, a title that will be on dozen or so consoles it seems.

wiiusharecjbn9.png

Why is the PS3 several procent higher than 360? Ubisoft has made no exclusives for PS3 as far as i can recall and the games are evenly spread, does anyone know? Or are software sales generally higher on PS3 now and the last year than on 360?

Effect

That's odd. If they had included Gamecube and Wii in that little bar chart, the increase would have looked even more impressive. Strange.

This. I thought that image looked off and then it dawned on me they completely excluded GameCube, Wii, and Wii U from all information and calculations.

Tek

Needs South Park Stick of Truth release date....which I'm assuming will be in Sept when the new season starts...but you would think they would want to avoid September with GTAV

Top Bottom