• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) Info from PSM

Dahbomb

The latest issue of PSM (April 2007) has a nice 10-page preview (and a featured cover ) on Ninja Gaiden Sigma with their own hands on experience with the game.

* Unspecified amount of original content for Sigma
* EVERYTHING was redone for Sigma: backgrounds, enemies, characters, animations, textures, etc. * Game will make use of the SIXAXIS in one way by helping to power up Ninpo magic while casting it
* Sigma will be 19 Chapters long, 3 more Chapters than the previous 2 versions
* A lot of the new stuff is when you are going to be playing as Rachel
* Will run at a constant 60 FPS with full self-shadowing and in 720p
* 3 ways to play - off the disk, off a partial install, or off a full install (for those who plan to play for long periods and don't want to worry about loads times. They wanted to give the gamer a choice on the matter)
* New difficulty level above the previous ones
* Still talking to Sony about what the possibilites are for downloadable content
* Karma ranking system/online leaderboards will be intact * Karma ranking/leaderboards will be improved upon by letting you view the results for a player's run through for specific chapters and how many times they died, etc.

Rachel Specific

* Features own integrated story missions and own mission mode levels
* Anything but a new skin for Hayabusa
* Completely separate arsenal of moves and all new animations
* Will have a different 'feel' from Hayabusa and will require a different way of thinking to play as compared to her counterpart
* Will still absorb essence and such as Hayabusa

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=actionadventure&thread.id=81812

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
* Will run at a constant 60 FPS with full self-shadowing and in 720p

Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom.

SeatBelts

Banned
* New difficulty level above the previous ones

:D :D

and I do hope it arrives this summer, just in time for when I get my ps3!

Dahbomb

Whats the deal on the "full install" feature? So basically you can just rent the game and dump it on your harddrive? :lol

awesome. i still wonder if this will be just a port up from previous games, or if it will match up with the next NG for 360...

i know they said entirely redone, but developers sometimes say stupid things...

i hope it hits soon...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dahbomb said:
Whats the deal on the "full install" feature? So basically you can just rent the game and dump it on your harddrive? :lol

You still need the disk in the drive.

SeatBelts

Banned
Dahbomb said:

oh shi- :lol

-edit-

Ah so i guess it just reduces loading times significantly? and wouldn't someone find a way to make the ps3 think the game is still in the drive? I mean it's linux after all ;)

castle007

Banned
I will most probably end up buying this version too.

But does anyone else have this feeling that Team Ninja has no clue how to approach NG 2???

Duress

Dahbomb said:

I guess you'll have some cd-key for the full install and if it's used you have to use the disc?

USD

I want it. I want it bad. I've got the original and Black, but I still needs it. And a new difficulty level? Master Ninja kinda disappointed me, it was definitely hard, but it wasn't much total rape as I wanted it to be in my mind. Since most of the enemies were already in their full upgrade form in Very Hard, it was only a marginal step-up, shifting some of the upgraded enemies a few chapters forward. Here's hoping that the new difficulty is totally disgusting.

SeatBelts

Banned
USD said:
I want it. I want it bad. I've got the original and Black, but I still needs it. And a new difficulty level? Master Ninja kinda disappointed me, it was definitely hard, but it wasn't much total rape as I wanted it to be in my mind. Since most of the enemies were already in their full upgrade form in Very Hard, it was only a marginal step-up, shifting some of the upgraded enemies a few chapters forward. Here's hoping that the new difficulty is totally disgusting.

nerdfa7.png

SeatBelts said:
Why did you post a picture of Mr.Sardonic in this thread? What does he have to do with this? Anyway are there three more Hayabusa chapters and a whole new set of chapters for Rachel, or are the 3 new Rachel's chapters?

USD

jet1911 said:
How can they make it harder? My PS3 wil materialize Alma in my living room and I'll have to beat her with my bare hands? :O

One thing is by adjusting the yellow essence system. By the later chapters on Master Ninja, I had so much money that I would have max potions and 99999 yellow essences. And when you have no need for money, you can just whore ultimate techniques, which can make it even easier. You're fighting advanced enemies, but they're also dropping as much yellow essence as they would on any other difficulty, meaning you get a crap ton more than you would on lower difficulty levels. If they scaled down how much essence you get (and upgrade the enemies, again) it could get a lot harder.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Dahbomb said:
* 3 ways to play - off the disk, off a partial install, or off a full install (for those who plan to play for long periods and don't want to worry about loads times. They wanted to give the gamer a choice on the matter)
Every game that has load times longer than 10 seconds from disc should do this. I don't see any reason not to.

Mrbob

Wow!

I must get this issue!

Ninja Gaiden reborn again!

Did PSM say how big the partial install and full install sizes are?

Hopefully the NES games are still unlockables.

Rody

This, "Heavenly Sword", "Devil May Cry 4" and the next "God of War" on PS3. It's like... Holy shit!

Core407

Banned
"* 3 ways to play - off the disk, off a partial install, or off a full install (for those who plan to play for long periods and don't want to worry about loads times. They wanted to give the gamer a choice on the matter)"

Choices. Ahhh, it's nice to be a PS3 owner. :D

GHG

MattKeil said:
PS3:Hack-and-slash::360:Shooters?
You say that, but the funny thing is right now I'm looking for a FPS to buy for the 360 and having a hard time finding a decent one. Yeh there are shooters, but they've all be crap so far (save Gears and the Tom Clancy games).

arcader

Banned
i got rid of my XBOX before ninja G came out - it will be cool to finally be able to play it - and so pretty looking...

Top Bottom