• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami is officially the worst company on Earth

bud

tiong_fi said:
reggie-gdc2005.jpg

:lol :lol

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I came in here thinking there was a real pressing issue.

Cover art debacle? :lol

I guess we all have differing levels of disappointment.

Luckily for me, I don't play cover art :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Dr_Cogent said:
I came in here thinking there was a real pressing issue.

Cover art debacle? :lol

I guess we all have differing levels of disappointment.

Luckily for me, I don't play cover art :)
You're missing most of the fun by not playing the boxart.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Dr_Cogent said:
Silly me, I'll get right on that...

Impressions soon.

do you not have imagination?

does not the logo make your mind wander and imagine what kind of adventure you are to have when you actually do get around to playing the game?

and while you're at it, throw in some sex.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
davepoobond said:
do you not have imagination?

does not the logo make your mind wander and imagine what kind of adventure you are to have when you actually do get around to playing the game?

and while you're at it, throw in some sex.

Wander.....adventure......Sex

Got it.

PolyGone

Banned
I'm mad that someone got paid to fock up the DoS boxart this way. Had it been like the PS2 greatest hits, with the red bar at the top, fine, no biggie. But this is just retarded.

Reilly

Just got this in the mail today!

p3230003ea8.jpg

brand ****ing new. **** you Konami. I'm trading your greatest hits bullshit in.

Also, it appears my amazon review helped out a few people. :)

untitledjd3.jpg

My wife and I went to Best Buy last weekend and I saw the new coverart for the game. Jesus what a stupid idea to put a picture of the box on the box. Even my wife thought it was stupid.

Haunted

Reilly said:
Just got this in the mail today!

p3230003ea8.jpg

brand ****ing new. **** you Konami. I'm trading your greatest hits bullshit in.
Honestly, seeing them right next to each other like that... I think the greatest hits one actually looks better.

JCBossman

Banned
That's a 4D QUANTUM COVER, Dr.Who would be proud, it it bigger inside than out? Just be careful with that bit of tech, you remember what happened with the Gravity Gun at the End of HL2?

I thought this great thread had died. Konami's terrible cover art though does remind me of other similarly designed "greatest hits" type boxes. I wonder what in particular I'm thinking about.

I am sure a few e-mails to Konami, explaining to them that nobody wants these stupid reprint 'Bestbuy' covers that look cheap, would stop them from doing it. Although, they probably wanted the game to stand out on shelves's so it'd sell better. And the fact that were are talking about the game, is giving them more advertisment. What they should do is have a different one to the display case.

Dina

_dementia said:
Cool. In your review for the original print you could mention how the original boxart was ruined due to generic anime crap.

Konami figured that hiring the guy who did the 'adult' artwork would scare away the 'younger' DS database.

Dina said:
Konami figured that hiring the guy who did the 'adult' artwork would scare away the 'younger' DS database.

I think the other reason I heard they didn't go with the Ms Kojima for the art was that they felt her portraits weren't expressive enough for the face close-ups that are used to tell the story.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Diablohead said:
Much as I hate best seller boxarts and stuff, I would not go waste money buying the game twice just because of it.
I totally would, by the way.... I've rebought Ico for a ripped cover... I've traded in PSPs because the woman working there ripped the box.... oh yeah, I likes me packaging. It's the difference between fun collectors item/artistic aesthetic/ebay resell value and something that you'd trade in at Gamestop for 6 dollars in a year....

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I wasn't at home when this thread started, but now that it's back again, I can put up something. I think they should have done this:

bestart.gif

Would probably have given the original poster an aneurysm.

Dina

Segata Sanshiro said:
I think the other reason I heard they didn't go with the Ms Kojima for the art was that they felt her portraits weren't expressive enough for the face close-ups that are used to tell the story.

Could have been. Big eyes and everything make it easy to show emotions and the like. Still seems like a BS reason to me. Sad really, cause the anime-style is a dime a dozen. The style of Ms Koyima was part the reason what made Castlevania so awesome.

Oh and yeah, woman, of course. My bad.

I'm thinking whoever lost the master Photoshop file to the original cover had no other choice than either cutting off the bottom portion or stretching to fit a Konami's Best banner :lol

xcomp

I've seen someone post that boxart a while back but, I guess they didn't warn others on the retail sites with their review. This design's just lazy even for a budget release.

Maybe you can return it and get an original cover copy from somewhere else.

shuri said:
You guys buy the games for the covers or for the game?

Scotch said:
For the game, but a nice looking cover doesn't hurt.
And if you ever decide to sell off your collection in the distant future, people will tend to go for the original cover than the budget boxed versions :D

Top Bottom