• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Mii Mangaer: Edit Miis on the PC

WindyMan

I don't know how Datel figured this one out, but here you go:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13317

Manage Your Wii Mii...

...It's easy with My Mii Manager!

April 10th, 2006 - Wii owners can now personalise their Wii Mii the easy way.

Datel’s powerful Mii Manager software lets you edit your Mii on your PC. It’s a doddle to use. Just import your Mii into the editor, then edit it until your heart’s content. You can even share your Mii with Wii gamers from all over the world over the internet!

My Mii Manager has everything you need. There’s the powerful Mii Manager software application for your PC, and a USB Bluetooth receiver to let you use your Wii-mote with your computer.

My Mii Manager is in the shops now, and costs £14.99 UK or $19.99 USA. It can also be bought direct at www.codejunkies.com or by calling 08456 010 015.

WindyMan

JonathanEx said:
Besides, people have made their own free Mii editors on PCs.

Yes, but the $20 difference with this one is that it takes real Mii data from the remote and lets you manipulate it. It would be sweet if you could make mutant Miis, but I doubt it.

The $20 difference is that one comes on CD. With a bluetooth dongle, I can connect my Wii remote to my PC, extract my Mii, edit it, stick it back on the remote, and on my Wii.

Taker666

It could be handy if you like creating celeb/movie Mii's.

The ability to have a Mii editor alongside an image search engine on your pc would be helpful in character creation.

Kleevah

The Mii data format has been in public domain for ages (wiki), so Datel are slow if anything.
Also, pages like MiiMall and MiiEditor lets you do exactly the same thing for free (bluetooth still required though).

MegaByte

WindyMan said:
Yes, but the $20 difference with this one is that it takes real Mii data from the remote and lets you manipulate it. It would be sweet if you could make mutant Miis, but I doubt it.

Or you could pay <$8 for a Bluetooth adapter and use any of the free Mii editors, which will also let you transfer to and from the remote. You can't make mutant Miis because values are limited, and invalid values may crash the Wii... However, you can make Miis with gray shirts, which aren't normally possible.

Top Bottom