• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Capndrake said:
But I can still laugh back with:

14137360mv8.gif
99189042nc5.gif
48039867uo5.gif
60397002xw2.gif
79102377db0.gif

29464586he1.gif
66378937xa6.gif

..Well, not DK Jr. Math.

Yea, how is that Super Paper Mario working out for you?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So, is 3 games a week the new trend for VC releases? If that's the case, that's disappointing. Still, I'm getting Mystical Ninja. Missed out on that game the first time though and I've heard good things.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
djtiesto said:
So, is 3 games a week the new trend for VC releases? If that's the case, that's disappointing. Still, I'm getting Mystical Ninja. Missed out on that game the first time though and I've heard good things.
Yeah, only 156 games a year, what a gyp.

:insanelylargerolleyes.gif

donny2112

Shig said:
Yeah, only 156 games a year, what a gyp.

If they were releasing the more popular titles on a weekly basis, I might agree. But with only 156 titles released in a year, that means probably less than 40 of the highly popular titles across the NES, SNES, N64, TG16, GEN, and Neo-Geo a year. I think the TG16 has been the only one to really focus on bringing out its most popular titles early.

I would very much like for them to try to bring out one title per system per week. That would be 5-6 titles a week instead of three. I realize the space issue is probably why they aren't bringing out more N64 titles, though. Even if they released an NES, SNES, GEN, and TG16 title every week + the occassional N64 or Neo-Geo game, I'd be happier.

One advantage of doing it their way, though, is that they guarantee a steady stream for many years to come.

Thanks for spelling gyp correctly.

mcgarrett

djtiesto said:
I have no problem with the current release schedule. While it's obviously done to maximize sales over the lifespan of the console, there are some beneficial side effects. Some hidden gems are being given an opportunity to shine, games that certainly would be lost in the shuffle if they were putting dozens of high profile titles out per week. I doubt I would have given Dragon's Curse or Wonder Boy in Monster World a try if I had other options, but I did and I'm loving them.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
donny2112 said:
One advantage of doing it their way, though, is that they guarantee a steady stream for many years to come.
Yeah, that's what they're mainly going for. You can't realistically expect them to frontload scores of popular games into the first year, and then run on mostly B/C/D-list fumes for the remainder of the system's life.

Also, keep in mind that licensed games are almost completely out of the equasion due to rights lapses, which cuts a fair amount of most-wanted games from the list.
Thanks for spelling gyp correctly.
Heh, no prob.

ethelred

Very nice week for Konami... they continue to be one of the best publishers on the VC.

Though as far as CV games go, I want CV2 and Bloodlines (oh, and a localized Rondo, if you guys can swing that), not the original. But Legend of the Mystical Ninja I'll take -- never got around to playing that game back in the day.

I've managed to avoid the Goemon franchise thus far and thought I might give this a go, is it a good starting point for a novice (or good game, even)?

donny2112

Maybe Nintendo is saving releases to coincide with/be around the releases of the Wii games.

Smash 64 shortly after Brawl.
Super Metroid shortly after Prime 3.
Track & Field shortly after Sonic/Mario at the Olympics.
Would Track & Field even be possible?
Mario 3 shortly after Galaxy.
FE1-5 shortly after FE:GoD.
Yeah, right.

I hope Konami can bring out Castlevania III and Rondo of Blood, eventually. Castlevania III and IV are my favorites from what I've played pre-Metroidvania.

Oh! My Car! said:
I've managed to avoid the Goemon franchise thus far and thought I might give this a go, is it a good starting point for a novice (or good game, even)?

I still think Legend of the Mystical Ninja is the best in the series, and I've played all four Super Famicom games and both N64 releases.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I still think Legend of the Mystical Ninja is the best in the series, and I've played all four Super Famicom games and both N64 releases.

What about the Famicom iterations?

Mystical Ninja is another one of those games I missed out on back in the day. I was somewhat interested, but wasn't about to scrape together $60 for it. Don't even get me started on crappy rental selections... I'll probably pick this up once I finish Gradius III. *shakes fist*

sk3tch

Someone please post their Mystical Ninja impressions after they've downloaded it off VC and played it for a while. Interested in the game and I want to make sure it holds up after all of these years. Don't want someone going strictly off the "nostalgia" factor. :)

Cheesemeister said:
What about the Famicom iterations?

I played the first one, it was a very different game. Didn't exactly like it.

But Mystical Ninja does everything right. Co-op, TONS of minigames, nice long stages, great bossfights, so on and so forth.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
ok, so, advice: should i download final fight on vc, or buy final fight one for gba? or, uh, is there a significant reason to own both?

beelzebozo said:
ok, so, advice: should i download final fight on vc, or buy final fight one for gba? or, uh, is there a significant reason to own both?
GBA version fo sho. You get all three characters, plus added unlockables, plus it has all the levels. The SNES is missing Guy and a whole level. AND NO TWO PLAYER. WTF CAPCOM.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
beelzebozo said:
Buy Capcom Classics Collection, it's arcade-perfect and a much better value proposition considering it averages out to under $1 a game.

THEY BROKE STARFOX 64!!! DON`T DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE!!!

They put the original slowdown back in the game!!!

I can`t believe they did this! Someone at NOA needs to pay for this!

Seraph830

Banned
thats part of the nostolgic experince. It was really fun back in the day playing Goldeneye with freinds and purposly screeching the game to a 2FPS halt by filling the room full of remote mines.

In other games it was actually a strategy to cause slowdown, or at least expected, so you would have more time to react. If I remember a game having slowdown at one part and then auto adjusted to compenstate for it, and then all of a sudden it didnt happen and I died I wouldnt be very happy.

I like VC because it recreates the experince I had as a little boy to a T.

I have Capcom Classics on Xbox, but I really dont understand why exactly they couldnt put the game on Gamecube. Granted; Digital Eclipse probably spent the most time getting Street Fighter II to work right, and isnt nearly as easy to play on a Gamecube pad than it is with the Xbox. Although like I said before, I could play Capcom VS. SNK 2 on regular button press mode (Which means not using the C-stick for special moves) because the D-pad was more responsive than the Xbox pad, which is just...rararararhgh fake! Nowhere near as precise as Nintendo's little D-pad cross.

But, I just spent $40 more on Wii points just in time for Mystical Ninja today. I've probably spent over $200 for the Virtual Console now.

Ranger X

Seraph830 said:
thats part of the nostolgic experince. It was really fun back in the day playing Goldeneye with freinds and purposly screeching the game to a 2FPS halt by filling the room full of remote mines.

Wow.
People are having fun with anything i guess. I'd take my game with less slowdown nostalgia or not tks.

Seraph830

Banned
oh it was great fun, especially when i finally got a gameshark. We crashed Goldeneye so many times by just screeching it to a halt.

Speaking of explosions, what are the chances we get Bomberman64?

thefro

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I played the first one, it was a very different game. Didn't exactly like it.

But Mystical Ninja does everything right. Co-op, TONS of minigames, nice long stages, great bossfights, so on and so forth.

Yep... great game. Has a lot of the same elements of River City Ransom, but with action levels in-between the towns.

Chumly

The Star fox slowdown is just a rumor right now. In fact the ONLY person on like the entire web that is saying this is nuclear so I would take it for a grain of salt. Wait until some REAL confirmation of this. Other people have DL it and havent experianced any slowdown like he claims.

Chumly said:
The Star fox slowdown is just a rumor right now. In fact the ONLY person on like the entire web that is saying this is nuclear so I would take it for a grain of salt. Wait until some REAL confirmation of this. Other people have DL it and havent experianced any slowdown like he claims.

THIS IS ****ING REAL I AM NOT LYING!!! THE GAME WAS PERFECT BEFORE THE UPDATE AND THEY BROKE IT FOR NO GOOD REASON!!! I know SF64 like the back of my hand and I know exactly where it slowed down in the original, before the update, all the original slowdown was removed, NOW THEY'VE PUT IT BACK IN!!!! EVEN THE MAP RUNS SLOW NOW!!!!!!

Please everybody, I implore you, EMAIL THEM AND COMPLAIN, DON'T LET NOA GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!

Chumly

Nuclear Muffin said:
THIS IS ****ING REAL I AM NOT LYING!!! THE GAME WAS PERFECT BEFORE THE UPDATE AND THEY BROKE IT FOR NO GOOD REASON!!! I know SF64 like the back of my hand and I know exactly where it slowed down in the original, before the update, all the original slowdown was removed, NOW THEY'VE PUT IT BACK IN!!!! EVEN THE MAP RUNS SLOW NOW!!!!!!

Please everybody, I implore you, EMAIL THEM AND COMPLAIN, DON'T LET NOA GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!

Sorry but honestly you sould like your full of crap. NOBODY else has complained about this. Your the only one on the entire net right now complaining that they "broke" it. You could be right but I just find it hard to believe when other people have downloaded it and they HAVENT experienced any slowdowns. Right now I see you posting over and over OMG EMAIL THEM EMAIL THEM which makes it even harder to believe. Like I said maybe your right but if your wrong you should be banned for trying to spread a bunch of lies.

Top Bottom