• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Video And Livestream Nomura Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really interested to see something new from Final Fantasy, but hesitant to say I'm impressed by the combat footage. It looks pretty messy and chaotic, and also looks to have a bunch of QTEs/cinematic events (parrying the giant sword, your friend saving you, etc).

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Nocturno999

heartattack3.jpg

I imagine this game will be a colossal disappointment. Unless it's Bayonetta-tier it's difficult to imagine an action-rpg with dynamic, interesting combat that stays fresh for 60 hours.

Or...will this be the first mainline FF title to clock in under 10 hours?

Really hope this doesn't become too combat heavy and has a strong focus on atmospheric stuff and exploration. The setpiece heavy trailer at the Sony conference worried me, but the new trailer looks a lot better.

synce

Looks like a real-time Advent Children... God awful movie but damn was it pretty. But I love that the devs are being themselves. They could've went the Capcom route and injected everyone with steroids to make it more appealing to the west

Ferrio

Banned
Each FF they make it more actiony each time.... and each time it's worse and sells less than it's previous incarnation.

HEY LETS KEEP DOING THAT THEN.

"Party members are a core part of Final Fantasy"....
i hope most of sauceXV's crew got killed off early in the game and replaced by a gender balanced party with fewer weirdos.

HeelPower

I'm really torn on the action combat...I really enjoy turned based systems.

how many forms of automated ATB could they possibly make ? its good to give it a break and create something similarly groundbreaking. Honestly.

FFXIII's battle system was a brilliant edition of ATB and the majority complained.Clearly, something different needs to done.15's seems to be a good answer.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I wonder if there will be a heavy prologue ala Midgar and then BAM! open world. I'd fucking die if this I how the beginning plays out. I have to admit, I'm excited now.

KmA

I have a feeling that even if the story is terrible I will not care at all since I am in love with the style of this game.

This looks amazing. Also that music, nnnnnnnnnngh.

I'm suddenly re-excited for this. Let's hope it comes out sooner over later.

Zomba13

Looks fantastic. Hope it actually makes it this coming gen. Would be nice if this and KH3 can actually come out.

Dorj

Banned
I wonder what he really means with "scope". Will the city be bigger or will there actually be more locations? I'm really not sure....

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I like the new style. The old one reminded me of KH probably because they were all doing regular fighting and such.

Old
Versus_Military_Behemoth.jpg

New
ibefgnWPrtOylV.gif

May not be a big difference to point out. But the new gameplay looks good.

RPGCrazied

This probably won't be coming out for several more years right? I need to start saving up for a PS4. Chances are pretty much slim to none for a PS3 version. Same with KH 3 I guess.

Empty

glorious

hopefully they can still return to turn based systems in future final fantasies, but this action approach feels really fresh and exciting.

TBH, the graphics leave a lot to be desired, this is a ps4 title after all, and i expect to be impressed in the same way like i did with every mainline ff entry. but then the game is still early in development...? lol, right?

Stuart444

This probably won't be coming out for several more years right? I need to start saving up for a PS4. Chances are pretty much slim to none for a PS3 version. Same with KH 3 I guess.

Some might call me crazy but I'm saying next year for this (by Christmas 2014) and KH3 in 2015

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
TBH, the graphics leave a lot to be desired, this is a ps4 title after all, and i expect to be impressed in the same way like i did with every mainline ff entry. but then the game is still early in development...? lol, right?

I'm not complaining because I'd rather it look like this than turn out like FFXIII did. Easy to play, just walk straight through the game. Checkpoint to checkpoint.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Wow, this is amazing.

I expect greater rage than there was when FFX removed the World Map, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom