• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Video And Livestream Nomura Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatsuki

ff1.gif

ff3.gif

Astral

I still can't stand the character designs. They're so bland. Why do they all wear black? Are they part of a gang? The Leviathan and behemoth looked damn impressive though.

I don't know... This really looks like a fairly early proof of concept demonstration of the combat system, and I'm not sure it should be shown to anyone outside Square Enix, let alone released to the public.

Wah?

There was already a fairly early demonstration of combat in past trailers.

I still can't stand the character designs. They're so bland. Why do they all wear black? Are they part of a gang? The Leviathan and behemoth looked damn impressive though.

Actually:

A kingdom with a mafia esque estructure and style

Some bits look a little too scripted for my liking (You can definitely tell the KHII guys are involved with this...), but damn, everything else looks great.

Somebody needs to gif Noctis slamming the dude's head into the car door. I actually said "Damn" out loud at that.

man really impressed with how far the combat has come. Looks more crazy/advent children/Kingdom hearts now instead of that slow looking shit. resembles those cg trailers.

so glad this is a full on arpg. Hate turn based stuff.

HYPE

It's from the Last Story school of character design - make everyone look like a Jpop star wearing a "team uniform". Boom, you've got a whole cast without having to put a single meaningful thought into art direction.

Galang

Banned
Reminds me a lot of Kingdom Hearts. And considering the team working on it.. that's pretty much the only reason why I'm interested. Looks beautiful also, but the characters seem kind of boring.

sn00zer

Gameplay looks early (har har), but I really like where its going....
-No alternate universe battle arenas
-MASSIVE battles (did you notice the whole gameplay trailer was in one area?)
-MUTHAFUCKIN REAL TIME COMABT IN A MAINLINE FF TITLE

Im really fucking excited, they just need a year of development to tweak the combat, because they nailed the visuals

KmA

AHHH The sword part was so ridiculous I love it! If it's not flashy it's not final fantasy. That was one of my major complaints of FF12.

Yeah, this doesn't look like next gen graphics. The character models are literally identical in the 2011 trailer. Should have kept the ps3 version.

Clott

It looks incredible, like a kingdom hearts made with a more realistic style. I hope they can release this game at the latest Q2 2014.

I hope they finished most of the game when this was going to come out for the PS3 and the last year was spent on revamping the engine and game play.

Love small details like the hair on the behemoth, it looks wonderful.

Shadow780

Really reminded me of this youtube fanvid of FFVIIremake combat:

iWWZrJA8l7F7N.gif

I hope this game can achieve Advent Children style combat.

SEVEN YEARS

Everyone complained that it was stupidly annoying.

Really? I thought it looked good. :/

The earlier gameplay footage looked something close to FF12. Which i loved. Especially the outside parts. I just can't get excited for this anymore.

Is there still an overworld?

sappyday

Yeah, this doesn't look like next gen graphics. The character models are literally identical in the 2011 trailer. Should have kept the ps3 version.

None of this could of been done on the PS3. Plus I don't see how they're identical.

I remember Nomura mentioning that what he wanted to with Versus was incorporate the flashy fights from Advent Children into gameplay. The 2011 trailer didn't have any of that but Nomura definitely accomplished it here.

GAWD.

Imagine if every summon battle is like that Leviathan one.

It's like FF X God of War - that would be amazing.

Also, I've said this like a million times but I think the character designs are better than any FF before it.

george_us

Gawddayum shit looks hype.

Man, for the first time in a long time, I believe in next gen consoles.

I haven't been this excited about gaming in years.

Alex

I hope it isn't so wildly scripted the majority of the time, but it does look very nice. Will be fun to see how well it cleans up considering how early this all must be.

jett

D-Member
I think this looks pretty impressive considering they've been working on the next-gen upgrade for only a year.

Put it in my veins!!!

Been waiting for this game for way too long. I've finished high school, college, went through something like 6 jobs, and have gotten married during the time between announcement and this latest re-announcement.

GAWD.

Imagine if every summon battle is like that Leviathan one.

It's like FF X God of War - that would be amazing.

Also, I've said this like a million times but I think the character designs are better than any FF before it.

Not just the character designs, but the world design as well.

It really seems to have a nice fusion of classic and modern aesthetics, and it looks amazing as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom