• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division - Ubisoft + Massive, MMO Open World TPS RPG

GQman2121

Banned
The guy working the ign live show failed all of us yesterday when they had the devs on. He didn't ask any real questions at all and didn't follow up with the questions that he did ask.

Groups are limited to parties of four.

At the end of the demo when the women shoots the fare to call in the chopper, that's the groups way of securing the loot, items and weapons they've collected.

No mention on if the enemies at the police station were other players or CPU AI.

No mention on server size or player limits within the game world. Only that it is being designed as an RPG first and foremost.

Not that surprising. You cant get a PC GPU with 8GB DDR5 RAM. And its not like anyone will provide cloud support for additional horsepower.

Most high end gaming PCs just cant run this game.

You do know that 8 GB GDDR5 is not some magical faerie dust that instantly makes games better, right?

Where is your proof that a high end PC can't run this game? Unless you're an engine coder from Massive you just don't know.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Very impessive. The most interesting game of e3. Has a Morrow Project rpg vibe. Sort of how I imagined David Gerrolds War Againt the Chtorr could be done as a vidoe game except this is a biohazzard apocalypse setting.

Game of the show for UBI.

FACE

Banned
But Ubisoft wants to IMPROVE their relationship with PC Gamers!

I'll be getting this on PS4 of course, but sure would love a PC version as well.

They aren't calling us pirates anymore. That's an improvement, right?

You do know that 8 GB GDDR5 is not some magical faerie dust that instantly makes games better, right?

Where is your proof that a high end PC can't run this game? Unless you're an engine coder from Massive you just don't know.

Sarcasm.

DieH@rd

Banned
The Division will come out in late 2014, and by then Im hoping to get my hands on one Radeon 9xxx created in in 20nm tech. According to tradition, Ubisoft will give me this game for free inside of Never Settle GPU bundle. :)

dr_rus

Not that surprising. You cant get a PC GPU with 8GB DDR5 RAM. And its not like anyone will provide cloud support for additional horsepower.

Most high end gaming PCs just cant run this game.

Yeah it's a pity that PCs don't have any RAM beyond the GPU's VRAM.

qKaC3K

Hideo Kojima is watching the behind-closed-doors demo:

946678_10151667868712254_1543435069_n.jpg

Hideo Kojima really loves the game:

1011127_404613086321287_1987404382_n.jpg

HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 11 Jun
Visited UBI booth to watch THE DIVISION, was mind blowing as much as last year w/ WATCH DOGS. (To b continue)

Fantastic dense in open world setting. Way beyond. Wonderful UI. Very European! (THE DIVISION)

i-Lo

Sorry if this has been answered but was the reveal done on prototype PS4 hardware? I ask since I thought I the PS4 controller.

Hindle

Banned
Anyone see something crawl in the gameplay demo? It was when the player was inside the building. I'm thinking there are more then humans in this that you fight.

This game has huge expectations to live up to IMO. I really hope they can do it. This is one of my favorite showings this year.

What's up with the OP though? Both links go to videos for The Crew.

sTeLioSco

Banned
ubisoft is doing good stuff

they are constantly improving. they made watchdogs a "symbol" of next gen in a way,
they have new ips coming they even support every platform.....

SJRB

Gold Member
You know shit just got real when Kojima really likes your game.

He's been pretty stoked about both The Devision and Mad Max.

Anyone see something crawl in the gameplay demo? It was when the player was inside the building. I'm thinking there are more then humans in this that you fight.

it looked like a dog to me, however at the very beginning when it showed the kitchen through the window, it looked like some kind of zombie walking through the room

Sorry if this has been answered but was the reveal done on prototype PS4 hardware? I ask since I thought I the PS4 controller.
No, I don't think this has been answered. I'd be satisfied knowing it's not simply a smoke and mirrors CGI target render movie. The animation, bullets tearing through car windows, etc. just all feels a little too good to be true when compared to everything else out there. I certainly hope it's genuine.

Edit: As a reminder, revisit the Rainbow 6: Patriots target render. Even though they never attempted to present that as genuine gameplay footage, it's a good example of how far they go to make those renders look like actual gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-ucVWHmYk

it looked like a dog to me, however at the very beginning when it showed the kitchen through the window, it looked like some kind of zombie walking through the room
I hope there aren't zombies or anything in this game. :(

Just want a game about people surviving through a global pandemic that doesn't turn people into zombies.

It'd feel really weird in a Tom Clancy game, too.

SJRB

Gold Member

It was a dog. If you check the footage in 1080p you can see it's a german shepherd. No monsters, no zombies, no crazy infected hordes.

Thank god.

woolley

No mention on if the enemies at the police station were other players or CPU AI.

I thought it was clearly a random PvE encounter finished off with a PvP encounter. I don't see how it would be anything different then that from what was shown in the demo.

Yeah, the thing you see when he looks down the hallway is a German Shepard, looks identical to the ones eating the garbage at the beginning. As for the guy in the window, you're right. The way he's moving is really off, but I'm hoping that's just because everyone is sick and he's probably a scavenger.

I really hope there's no zombies.

Edit: beaten on the dog confirmation.

I hope there aren't zombies or anything in this game. :(

Just want a game about people surviving through a global pandemic that doesn't turn people into zombies.

It'd feel really weird in a Tom Clancy game, too.

most likely it was just somebody infected with the virus being spread around, one thing I'm really interested in though is the amount of interiors that seemed to be modeled in the game. That should make the exploration aspect of the game that much more fun to look around in.

Anton668

from the games forums..

we are not ruling out any platforms for the future.
We are optimizing the experience for next gen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One), as we are creating a next-gen game. However, we are not ruling out any platforms for the future.

Machinima has been running a livestream and they just finished talking with the devs from The Division one of the fan questions was will it be coming to PC. They said currently they are focusing on Next Gen consoles, but if there is the demand for a PC version it will be made. They even said straight up sign petitions, get on the forums and post your requests.

I havent seen the Machinima video referanced. if anyone can find a link....

The-Division-for-PC-Show-Ubisoft-we-care!-(With-poll!)

So-PC-version

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm trying to figure out Tom Clany's involvement. I can't find any book or something with the same title, is this all based on a different series of him?

Why is it called "Tom Clancy's The Division"?

I'm trying to figure out Tom Clany's involvement. I can't find any book or something with the same title, is this all based on a different series of him?

Why is it called "Tom Clancy's The Division"?
Ubisoft bought the rights to own and independently develop 'Tom Clancy' video game IPs (and related projects) without involvement from Clancy himself a few years ago.

This means Ubisoft owns Rainbow 6, etc. at this point (i.e. Ubisoft could make a Rainbow 6 movie and Clancy couldn't.)

Basically, they lump all their semi-realistic, generally near-future, military-focused titles under the banner.

SJRB

Gold Member
Ubisoft bought the rights to independently develop 'Tom Clancy' IPs without involvement from Clancy himself a few years ago.

Basically, they lump all their semi-realistic, generally near-future, military-focused titles under the banner.

That's unfortunate, I was really interested in reading a book with this premise.

In any case, I'd love to take on the OT, when the time comes.

Fantastic dense in open world setting. Way beyond. Wonderful UI. Very European! (THE DIVISION)

HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 3h
Felt like fighting alone&unassisted, surrounded by enemies on all sides to dev hi-end game in Japan today. But fellows like me exist at E3.

I like to think these two are correlated.

Dennis

Banned
The Division Cinematic™ Mode enable

iYCQefpprbOgh.gif

I hope they make the numbers (damage?) coming off the enemy ala Borderlands optional because I think they break immersion.

d0g_bear

No, I don't think this has been answered. I'd be satisfied knowing it's not simply a smoke and mirrors CGI target render movie. The animation, bullets tearing through car windows, etc. just all feels a little too good to be true when compared to everything else out there.

I fully agree. It was so will presented and tight. I assume everything I see is a lie until its playable by the public.

Top Bottom