• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

Nothing has really been "announced" for Wii lately, period. I think Nintendo and other companies are holding off showing anything until maybe the July E3, with maybe a few scheduled announcements between then.

Deku

Banned
laughing21.gif

Nice.

jetjevons said:
NES days of domination are back.
NES wishes it had the success of either DS or Wii, let alone both.
Space A Cobra said:
New Super Mario Bros. back in the top 10. Awesome.
Denver1.gif
Denver! How non sequitur.
CoolTrick said:
I truly can't imagine anyone finding that extra content anything other than purely extraneous fluff. (I'm not referring to tallies and number related things of course.)
I know it's not your thing, but do you really think everyone claiming to like it is lying to themselves and each other?
schuelma said:
But was the DS completely dominating right from the start like the Wii is doing?
PSP vs DS
PS3 vs Wii
Nope. May-ish 2005, DS was usually getting 50-66% of weekly PSP/DS sales and the LTD split was about 36% PSP, 64% DS. Compared to Wii now getting 80% or more of weekly PS3/Wii sales with the LTD split being about 27% PS3, 73% Wii.
ethelred said:
Two really big projects (one of them by one of the company's top teams) announced before the system even launched? Yeah, it's really strong support. You guys are blinkered.
Dragon Quest Swords is a pretty big deal, yeah. However, we knew about the first Crystal Chronicles very shortly into the GameCube's life and that led to nothing else, so on the Square side things are flat so far.
AdmiralViscen said:
X number of people chose to buy this game, it doesn't matter what week it is.
I think it very much does if you're trying to look at a sales pattern. It doesn't take away from the success of a game, but to ignore the conditions that allowed the pattern-bucking to happen is silly and will make for worse comparisons in the future. If the next Paper Mario is released in a June, we shouldn't take it as some sort of sign if its third week sales are lower than its second.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Hollywood_mIRC said:
Nothing has really been "announced" for Wii lately, period. I think Nintendo and other companies are holding off showing anything until maybe the July E3, with maybe a few scheduled announcements between then.

We just found out about Soul Calibur Legends a few days ago. Spielberg's new game is a Wii game as well. What world are you living in?

Juice

**** whoever linked to ps3forums, I'm addicted! I've been reading it for the last twenty minutes in utter shock. Our brand of group thought isn't nearly as obnoxious or out of whack as theirs is!

Looked at some sales thread where the PS3 sold 10k a week while the DS+Wii sold a combined 300k and the first responses were about how the PS3 sales were improving :p

Juice

PS3Forums said:
Far from REACh? u sure? becaust last time i heard about the 360 is not selling very well my friend owns a 360 he told me the ELITE is worse then the 360 lol it freezes more often.. soo think about this *nintendo is cheap* they will sell but the truth is.. nobody plays it anymore my nephew doesnt even touch it anymore .. hes saving up for a ps3 why? because.. it is something very good

:lol :lol :lol :lol

It's like 5 rhetoric fallacies in one!

John Harker said:
Square and Nintendo love eachother now, no worries.
The only thing that SUCKS... is it seems Ninty wont give in to whatever Square is wanting, because they keep taking ONLINE OUT OF THEIR GAMES! bugger
What else has changed aside from DQIX? I just found out the news a few minutes ago due to so much Square news recently.

Deku

Banned
Juice said:
**** whoever linked to ps3forums, I'm addicted! I've been reading it for the last twenty minutes in utter shock. Our brand of group thought isn't nearly as obnoxious or out of whack as theirs is!

Looked at some sales thread where the PS3 sold 10k a week while the DS+Wii sold a combined 300k and the first responses were about how the PS3 sales were improving :p

GAF is a political theatre, ps3forums is a club house where like minded people gather to rewrite history, at least in their minds.

Juice said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

It's like 5 rhetoric fallacies in one!

This is why mixed-discussion boards like neoGAF and (much as I hate to say this) GameFAQS' NGG will be better than these sort of system-specific stuff - there'll be people willing to knock you out of your cloud of self-delusion, and as long as they don't do it stupidly, they don't get banned.

Nintendo Top 21 ! o_O

Its a New World Order... A Brand New Day

Juice said:

:lol that place is awesome

ethelred

JoshuaJSlone said:
Dragon Quest Swords is a pretty big deal, yeah. However, we knew about the first Crystal Chronicles very shortly into the GameCube's life and that led to nothing else, so on the Square side things are flat so far.

There is no "Square side." It's been four years, guys -- it's Square Enix. One company. There aren't "sides" anymore. DQS is, as you said, a pretty big deal. And FFCC is a nice sequel to a GameCube exclusive (which is more than what a lot of companies had lined up). Considering that from the outset Square Enix had two projects lined up before launch, compared to the one game they had for the preceding system, I view that as significant.

From the PS3forums:

I agree. Once the bigger titles start to hit(That upcoming FF game is going to be HUUUUUUUGGEEEE) It's all over for the Wii.

I still believe that the PSP can come out on top as well. It's got awesome graphics that will pull the casuals in(Eventually the people buying those dumbass brain games will tire of a kiddy system) and the games, wow the games are just starting to pour in! Did you see all those FF games announced for the PSP! All Nintendo systems get are dumb spinoffs.

Wii is just a gimmick.

Solid gold.

Okay maybe the next week numbers will show that both DS and Wii sold out and PS3forums will have the last laugh rite?

GAF is just not doing it for me anymore :(
I have to join the PS3forums and just stay cool for a few months as my newbie status fades
So maybe during the Holidays in December I can find true joy :D

mj1108

Someone go over to ps3forums and invite some of those guys over here. We could use the entertainment and delusional thoughts in this thread.

I am about to declare that the PS3 will never match the Wii in total sold in Japan. The Wii is DS ****ing reincarnate in Japan. In fact it wont, quote me on it.

And I hate the Wii, perma banned from neogaf because I could not contain how much I regretted buying the piece of junk.
*Price is Right loser sound*

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
No you did not you damn noob,all you saying is BS talk.You really need to read oevr you psots adn rethink them, because you relaly do not know a dman thing

The new media create thread on the ps3forums is already gold.

zallaaa

they will sell almost a million of SPMs before it arrives in Europe... maybe I should trade my wii for a ntsc one...

laserbeam

Banned
jj984jj said:
They have all convinced them-selves that Wii is a fad on that ps3 forum. :lol

Kinda scary just how convinced they are. they'd be considered joke characters around here but they are dead serious.

Krowley

jj984jj said:
They have all convinced them-selves that Wii is a fad on that ps3 forum. :lol

Single system boards are a support group for denial and they always end up like bizzaro world.

Because everybody thinks alike, it reduces the level of required modding, but it's not worth it.

edit// BTW when you see that level of denial, you know the system is in trouble. The most insane boards are always the boards dedicated to the losing system because the denial required is greater. GC only boards were like that last gen.

+Aliken+

View Post
I think within time the wii will fade in the market it wont stand up to ps3 and 360 by mid next year.

I agree. Once the bigger titles start to hit(That upcoming FF game is going to be HUUUUUUUGGEEEE) It's all over for the Wii.

I still believe that the PSP can come out on top as well. It's got awesome graphics that will pull the casuals in(Eventually the people buying those dumbass brain games will tire of a kiddy system) and the games, wow the games are just starting to pour in! Did you see all those FF games announced for the PSP! All Nintendo systems get are dumb spinoffs.

Wii is just a gimmick.

ahahah this is classic

No you did not you damn noob,all you saying is BS talk.You really need to read oevr you psots adn rethink them, because you relaly do not know a dman thing

I REFUSE to accept that this is from a poster that's dead serious. But a joke poster with 9,500 post is really dedicated to his post...

HOLY SHIT READ THIS:

I think within time the wii will fade in the market it wont stand up to ps3 and 360 by mid next year.

But I really don't see the PS3 and Wii as competitors. PS3 is a piece of home electronics. Wii is an expensive toy.

no Japan wont be lost
Theres just been no games to get their interest as of yet, Wii doesnt need the games , cos its so cheap, so people buy it for that reason
But when the JRPGs start to flood out onto the next systems, so will the Japanese consumers. Simple.

In Japan the Wii is there to stay, and may even win Japan outright.

lol "may even" win outright. lol lol lol

America goes through trends too and to me that's all this sounds like. Eventually those gamers will go back to the better more powerful hardware. If 100 people become 'casual' gamers atleast 50 of them are likely to become 'hardcore' gamers then they will want harder and prettier content. The wii and DS might help both the 360 and PS3 in the long run recruiting more gamers, but the Wii and DS are only gateway drugs to gaming eventually they will go to the harder stuff.

seriously doubt it,
games like MGS4 / DMC4 / White knight story / FF13 and FFversus 13 will sell a BUNCH in JP...
they are just patiently waiting for the right games to arrive...
I think PS3 will close up the gap with Wii by 1st quarter of 08

yes it's cheap to make DS and Wii games but there's still not as great a potential for profits because you can't make a movie or television show out of a DS game unless it's the most ludicrously popular one in existance (pokemon) after that ever single other one of the games have to rely on their actual sales to generate profit. Meanwhile MGS and half a dozen other large console properties are getting a 100million dollar movie deals which while yeild huge profits in theater and DVD sales for years not to mention cable and broadcast TV rights.

The wii is just a fad it will fade, the 360 is not a big hit in japan, so no i dont think sony will lose that terretory.

Sony will win Japan back when they release Eye of Judgment, FFXIII, White Knight Story, when DMC4 comes out (Yeah, multiplatform won't matter because 360 isn't doing well there at all)

I really don't care how PS3 does in Japan but losing Japanese developers to Wii seems like a waste of their talent. Doesn't really matter if they do games for PS3 or X360 as long as it is for a more advanced console.

i believe the wii is a fad so once japan sobors up they will see the nice graphicsand wont go back to 480p repetivenes like game had very simular game play
i wont be surprised if the ps3 gain big ground in japan at christmas

Wii is just a gimmick.

Top Bottom