• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wall Street Journal :"PS4 Demand Exceeding Sony's Expectations

How'd you get so much?

I renewed my Powerup pro or whatever its called a few weeks ago. If you buy or reknew the power rewards thing, you get a one time 50% extra on trade ins coupon on every item you trade in, software or hardware, at the moment you use the coupon.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I got 25% bonus when trading my 360 and games in with GAME a couple of months ago, as long as it was towards a PS4 preorder. Worth keeping an eye out for bonuses like that when you plan to trade in a pile of stuff.

hodgy100

too right, after watching the e3 presser with my mates we pretty much all agreed on PS4 when we were very much split 50/50 on ps3 360 before.

3 of us pre ordered it the next morning, one is waiting to see if he will be able to afford it and the last one will get it when KH3 releases.

Pistolero

I don't care which sells most, but I want Sony to be profitable and to stay a relevant force in the business. The death of SEGA left a bad taste in my mouth, honestly, and if Sony were to go out, MS would have its way and the market would turn into a PC- Windows circa. No disrespect for the fans of Nintendo (of which I am one, just as I appreciate SWWS output), but the jaanese company is in its own bubble.
So I hope things go well for each player, and let the best entertain us with the cream of games!

I am not buying any more games for this gen. $60 for 6 month rentals is a waste to me. In March, trading PS3 in all likelihood. So, why spend unnecessarily in my case.

I'm doing the same, actually (PS3 is my only console atm). When next-gen hits, I'll be completely invested in that console and see no reason to keep both when I can get a couple hundred bucks off my PS4 purchase. I'll platinum the Last of Us, play Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD for a few weeks then sell my PS3 and game collection shortly there after.

It kind of pains me because I've had my PS3 for so long and there are still a few games like Rain, GTA, Beyond, Gran Turismo and Puppeteer, that I'd like to play. Sacrifices must be made.

Zok310

Banned
Actually Sony prohibited online passes because they don't want people to pay twice(PS+ to play online in the first place and then again for an online pass).
So no online passes on Ps4.
But there are other things publishers can do, like on Ps3 and Xbox360.
But after all the buzz I guess no publisher dares to do anything. It would cause huge image damages.
Microsoft basically gets captivated right now, no publishers wants to join them.

Lol, funny how all the pubs were crying about how used games is killing them. So MS design a console that will stop used games and now pubs are like "yeah...about that....We're not actually serious about it, we just wanted a piece of the GameStop pie." And so they left MS hanging.
Reminds me of the full retard scene from "tropical thunder", where MS is
Tugg Speedman and pubs are Kirk Lazarus. "Never go full retard"

The whole used games issue was hyped up to shack down GameStop, that's all it was, a shake down attempt, like cops pulling you over for driving 6 miles over the speed limit. Greedy bastards.

I've got a PS4 pre-order but I have never cared much for Sony first party titles. I didn't care for them on the PS2 and PS3. I try to own every console though. Right now Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall look better than most anything on the PS4 to me.

My basis for buying the PS4 right now is a reaction to Microsoft's policies, price and the hope that most PS4 versions will be superior due to the hardware. I could cancel it but since I can apply so much amazon credit to it I'll probably stick with it for now. I just want to see more appealing titles for me as a two gen Xbox guy.

Just becuase I'm an Xbox guy doesn't mean that I love games just becuase they have guns in them. Heck, I loved JSRF. To me, it is all about themes and style. I like uniqueness. I also like color (something I complained about in regards to all of gaming). I want to see Sony not just steal away exclusivity from some Xbox One games but to also come up with some new first party IP's that go places I have never before. I love the idea of open world shooters with RPG elements but I also want to experience other things. Gaming is getting too distilled and it showed during this E3. Every developer seems to be arriving at the same point.

MMaRsu

Banned
I've got a PS4 pre-order but I have never cared much for Sony first party titles. I didn't care for them on the PS2 and PS3. I try to own every console though. Right now Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall look better than most anything on the PS4 to me.

My basis for buying the PS4 right now is a reaction to Microsoft's policies, price and the hope that most PS4 versions will be superior due to the hardware. I could cancel it but since I can apply so much amazon credit to it I'll probably stick with it for now. I just want to see more appealing titles for me as a two gen Xbox guy.

Just becuase I'm an Xbox guy doesn't mean that I love games just becuase they have guns in them. Heck, I loved JSRF. To me, it is all about themes and style. I like uniqueness. I also like color (something I complained about in regards to all of gaming). I want to see Sony not just steal away exclusivity from some Xbox One games but to also come up with some new first party IP's that go places I have never before. I love the idea of open world shooters with RPG elements but I also want to experience other things. Gaming is getting too distilled and it showed during this E3. Every developer seems to be arriving at the same point.

Have you seen or played The Last of Us? One of the best games this generation bar none.

Titanfall will be released on Ps4 eventually, and even DR3 might come to Ps4.

Zok310

Banned
Hmmm interesting. I didn't know that.

I'm not from the US but I get that Gamestop is pretty big, so this will have some impact on what is recommended in-store for sure.
Hmm was never aware of this but it makes sense. Someone should send this to Yoshida.
He might be able to take advantage of this.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

flower, Papa & yo, Unfinished Swan, Journey, Ico, SotC - none of that appeals?

Personally Sony might be a little weak on shooters, but they have a very broad palette of first party games - its not all uncharted and god of war. (love uncharted, don't give a crap about god of war)

Cornbread78

I thought I'd just throw this in here, but I stopped by Gamestop to pay-off the rest of The Last of Us and she said they got approval today for 16 more pre-order slots of PS4. Now they are expected to get 36 PS4s and only 8 XBones at launch..

Posted this in another thread, but it probably fits better here.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11?tag=viglink129408-20

The "Launch PS4" is currently in the #1 spot for Amazon's "Best Sellers in Video Games. This is followed by the Xbone. Not surprising, right? Well, the kicker is that the "Launch PS4" has been unpreorderable ("Currently unavailable") since some time the day following the Sony conference. Meaning that number in the #1 spot has been static since then. Amazon received enough preorders that they split the PS4 preorder section into "Launch" and "Standard," the difference being that people who are preordering now, or who have been the last few days, aren't guaranteed to get their systems launch day. Interestingly, the "Standard" model PS4 is in the #3 position.

Now since Amazon didn't create a split for Xbone, you could take this to mean MS dedicated a tremendous amount of retail to Amazon, however, since the preorders for Xbone still haven't passed that static amount for the "Launch PS4, " that seems pretty unlikely. (I suppose they could be aggregating the "Launch" and "Standard" PS4s to get the #1 spot, but why would they put the "Standard" on separately at that point?) I was kind of thinking Xbone was going to sell really well in the US regardless of what happened, but maybe that's not the case. PS4 must be doing crazy preorder numbers.

Nafai1123

Banned
Posted this in another thread, but it probably fits better here.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11?tag=viglink129408-20

The "Launch PS4" is currently in the #1 spot for Amazon's "Best Sellers in Video Games. This is followed by the Xbone. Not surprising, right? Well, the kicker is that the "Launch PS4" has been unpreorderable ("Currently unavailable") since some time the day following the Sony conference. Meaning that number in the #1 spot has been static since then. Amazon received enough preorders that they split the PS4 preorder section into "Launch" and "Standard," the difference being that people who are preordering now, or who have been the last few days, aren't guaranteed to get their systems launch day. Interestingly, the "Standard" model PS4 is in the #3 position.

Now since Amazon didn't create a split for Xbone, you could take this to mean MS dedicated a tremendous amount of retail to Amazon, however, since the preorders for Xbone still haven't passed that static amount for the "Launch PS4, " that seems pretty unlikely. (I suppose they could be aggregating the "Launch" and "Standard" PS4s to get the #1 spot, but why would they put the "Standard" on separately at that point?) I was kind of thinking Xbone was going to sell really well in the US regardless of what happened, but maybe that's not the case. PS4 must be doing crazy preorder numbers.

The number of game pre-ordered supports that as well. PS4 currently has 4 games in the top 20 (Watch Dogs, KZ:SF, Destiny, Battlefield 4) while Xbone has 1 and it's in the #20 spot (Forza).

How much trade-in value could i get for a Wii at gamestop with the 50% coupon applied to it? *runs*

I'm not trading in my PS3!, still have several games to play trough...

I will try to get a pre-order in at Best Buy or Future Shop tomorrow when I go get The Last of Us.

If I miss out I'm going to cry into my pillow..

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If I didn't already have a PS4 pre-ordered through amazon that $200 credit looks damn fine at gamestop.

I wonder what I can get for 360 on amazon, just as credit. hmmm.

max is like 80 bucks for my 4gb unit

with 40 bucks for the 250gb hard drive. not bad.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I will try to get a pre-order in at Best Buy or Future Shop tomorrow when I go get The Last of Us.

If I miss out I'm going to cry into my pillow..

Dude...you're too late :(. A CSR told me yesterday the took a bunch of proders right after the price was announced. Then they got a call from head office telling them to stop as they got so many across Canada they don't think they'll be able to fill them all. Online is closed now too.

All Sony has to do is make enough of them and get them into stores.

These guys needs to launch late October because there are some major AAA titles coming out around that time and they can significantly gain some market share software wise as well.

Top Bottom