• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo 3 Beta Thread

Tieno

Blimblim said:
It's encoding right now, but honestly there wasn't much to show from Squick3n point of view, so most of the video is from another game of Bomb with some very cool footage.
Mr Vociferous: I'll take a look when I'm done with the current videos for sure.
Yeah, it pains me that I can't change the perspective yet. This morning I stickied a spike grenade to a guys visor and would have loved to see that from his perspective and if he actually saw that grenade on his screen before it blew up in his face.

StUnNeR H2K

OMG!!! Look at all the BETA leaks!!! :lol

J/K... I'm having trouble putting my controller down... if only sleep wasnt necessary....

Blimblim said:
It's better for videos when people get on a killing spree :)
I uploaded another where we take on EGM. I didn't do super great, but my teammates were pretty vicious. First kill I had was on Shoe and I said "Hi Dan" as he came up to the laser with the Warthog. I proceeded to kill the Warthog and its operator (Shoe).

ant1532 said:
This shot?

Halo_Beta_Multi_020.jpg.jpg

Ok dude ;)

Sure it does.

That picture for sure [/sarcasm], but this is the one that's more in line with what I'm talking about:

Halo_Beta_024.jpg.jpg

Possibly because it has an assault rifle and there's nothing else on the screen other then that. :p

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Yup, nothing onscreen at all. Nope. No sweet ass 'splosion filled with fire, smoke, snow, and mist.

jett

D-Member
ant1532 said:
Wow, all those Eurogamer shots look AMAZING.

I can't even imagine people calling this Halo 2.5 anymore (well if they're playing in HD.) I can't even begin to think about how good the final product will look.

Some of my favorite shots.

Hijacker

Looks like a drawing kind of

Love linear tunnel battles in MP

Is this post all kinds of sarcastic?

the disgruntled gamer said:
Oh my god. Luke is a god.
When we're on opposite teams, him and I usually volley laser snipes back and forth at each other...he loves that weapon, but what he doesn't realize is that I'm married to it already.

TDG

Banned
Mr Vociferous said:
When we're on opposite teams, him and I usually volley laser snipes back and forth at each other...he loves that weapon, but what he doesn't realize is that I'm married to it already.
No, what I mean is-

I'm at 35%. I'll be playing you guys soon.

Skilotonn said:
:lol Gotta love Bungie! I love that they really went all out with the medals for Halo 3 - really makes your kills feel even more satisfying!

It was pretty cool in a game of VIP on Snowbound where near the end, I was the VIP, and I snagged the Covenant Sniper, and while their VIP was fighting 2 or 3 of my guys with his Overshield still up, I was chipping away at his shield from afar with the sniper, then I finished him off with a headshot as he tried to jump away - BAM - three medals in one go: Sniper Kill, Killjoy, and VIP killer medal... so sweet, especially since it put us in the lead fro the win too!

These impressions of fun times aren't making the wait any easier! Going mad with impatience! :)

Thanks Crackdown, you're awesome and let me play Halo 3!

Striker0bi - StrikerObi - Profile

Note that my gamertag is Striker0bi with a ZERO, not an O. ****ing Microsoft wouldn't let me recover my old tag because I cancelled the old account... WTF!?

TDG

Banned
Wow. It downloads fast.

By the way, if anybody wants to play or is in a game with me, I should warn you that I'm not using my mic. I have an awful cold and can barely talk.

Tieno

The new party system is great, every game should have it!

Found a couple of nice guys, partied up and played some more games!

Tieno said:
The new party system is great, every game should have it!

Found a couple of nice guys, partied up and played some more games!
I wish I was you.....

Anyway, I will see all the non-friend and family on Wednesday at 3am EST! As soon as that thing hits Live.

Tieno

I'd love to hear Luke or MarkMcD impressions on Halo. Too bad that Luke isn't in the position anymore where he can voice his opinion on anything he wants.

giga

No, what I mean is-

I'm at 35%. I'll be playing you guys soon.

I am burning inside. ;_;

I hope this isn't karma for my performance last semester..

(any love?)

GhaleonEB

Wow. It downloads fast.

By the way, if anybody wants to play or is in a game with me, I should warn you that I'm not using my mic. I have an awful cold and can barely talk.
So awesome (not your cold - I can relate to that) but that you got in.

I'm really interested in your first impressions. Post'em when you can tear yourself away. :D

Question about the shared friend's list. For people with two lines of info, which is supposed to be the GamerTag and which is suppoed to be GAF name? Mine looks like this but now I think I did it backwards

StrikerObi
GamerTag: Striker0bi (with a zero)

GAZERK said:
That picture for sure [/sarcasm], but this is the one that's more in line with what I'm talking about:

Halo_Beta_024.jpg.jpg

Possibly because it has an assault rifle and there's nothing else on the screen other then that. :p

That looks amazing. I hope every enviornment has unique "reactions" and effects. Maybe some sand will blow in your face during "Last Hope"(Zanzibar 2, I think that's it's new name. Or Last Stand...).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow, I LOVE the covenant carbine.

Can someone, a halo pro or someone, describe the proper weapons to use in each situation or the advantages of each weapon? I'm learning slowly, but I think sticking to the AR is a weakness of mine. Works nicely at medium range though.

MrDaravon

AdmiralViscen said:
Is 1up right about frag grenades being weakened? They were already too weak in Halo 2.

A friend at another board said she'd thought they'd been nerfed as well, so that might be the case.

SpacLock

AdmiralViscen said:
Is 1up right about frag grenades being weakened? They were already too weak in Halo 2.

I don't think they're right about that. I'm not sure though.

Grecco said:
My Favorite Weapon of Halo2 next to the Shotgun. If its just as good as H2 then ill be using the Carbine plenty soon

Halo 3 shotgun is ten times better than the Halo 2 shotgun. Carbine feels a lot better too.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Mr Vociferous said:
I uploaded another where we take on EGM. I didn't do super great, but my teammates were pretty vicious. First kill I had was on Shoe and I said "Hi Dan" as he came up to the laser with the Warthog. I proceeded to kill the Warthog and its operator (Shoe).
Your first video was awesome. I think I'll use most of the last 2 rounds.

Top Bottom