• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's EARLY Japanese magazine thread

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sucks that shin chuuka taisen was bumped to wii...er, not that i was really going to buy it. if the new kikikaikai gets the same treatment i'll have to shoot myself. or buy a japanese wii. it amounts to the same thing.

justchris

drohne said:
sucks that shin chuuka taisen was bumped to wii...er, not that i was really going to buy it. if the new kikikaikai gets the same treatment i'll have to shoot myself. or buy a japanese wii. it amounts to the same thing.

I would like to see you shoot yourself with a Japanese Wii. I am always impressed by feats of engineering.

Troidal

I realized that Document of MGS2 is not included...that's still hard to find so why not re-release it. Not that it matters since I have one but...

zoukka

How the **** do they plan porting something like Snake Eater to psp. No ****ing way its possible without diminishing it to the same level with Portable Ops.

20 UMD discs on that collection confirmed.

Defuser

zoukka said:
How the **** do they plan porting something like Snake Eater to psp. No ****ing way its possible without diminishing it to the same level with Portable Ops.

20 UMD discs on that collection confirmed.
Read carefully,They are rereleasing MGS1/2/PO on their respective platforms.Not all on a PSP.

lol at GT on PSP screen :lol

Top3 best selling games:
1. Gundam Musou - 270.391
2. Ridge Racer 7 - 137.644
3. Gundam Target in Sight - 134.206

I guess the new game(s) announcement(s) was fake? :lol

Busty

Banned
Man alive. It seems that the draught of first (and third) party PS3 titles coming Japan is just getting worse.

Where are the games? An 8 page special and the only thing that they have to really promote potential upcoming titles are old publicity shots of WKS and FF XIII?

If Sony Japan was an elderly neighbour we'd have called the Police along time ago to go and make sure she wasn't dead.

Don't' want to appear to be banging the drum for doom and gloom, but yikes....

neo2046

for people who miss at other thread

DS
Chibi Robo DS - 5 July - 4800 yen
Slide Adventure Magkid - 2 August - 5800 yen (includes slide controller)
Donkey Kong Jungle Climber - 9 August - 4800 yen

188414316220070531152309.jpg

133053213620070531152157.jpg

160795283920070531152337.jpg

My Housekeeping Diary - 12 July - 3800 yen
http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/56536425520070531152242.jpg

Mario Party 8 - 26 July - 5800 yen
http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/149384231620070531152530.jpg

Kafel

Banned
Thx for the scans guys. o/

This sliding game looks promising, a mix of Kuru Kururin and Yoshi's Universal Gravitation ?

jarrod

Banned
TreIII said:
Interesting...

However, I'm STILL personally the most interested in the Kiki KaiKai 2 (Pocky & Rocky, any one?) game that was supposed to be released for the PS2. Is it still in the works, or has that game jump shipped to the Wii as well? I just want more details for what could possibly be a great update to a mostly awesome series of games...
Still planned for PS2, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a Wii release.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nintendo's new DS games look like crap. Hopefully their fall line-up in Japan has something more than just ASH. Where's our 2D Metroid? Drill Dozer 2? Fire Emblem? Kururin? After all it'll likely effect us here in NA eventually. Just because the Wii came out doesn't mean 1st party DS support should stop, don't leave it all to S-E now. :\

ivysaur12

Banned
jj984jj said:
Nintendo's new DS games look like crap. Hopefully their fall line-up in Japan has something more than just ASH. Where's our 2D Metroid? Drill Dozer 2? Fire Emblem? Kururin? After all it'll likely effect us here in NA eventually. Just because the Wii came out doesn't mean 1st party DS support should stop, don't leave it all to S-E now. :\

What's wrong with Chibi-Robo? :(

lupin23rd

Anyone else notice that in addition to Sigma being listed on a games chart from that spread, there is a second "Unnamed Action Game" from Tecmo listed?

If it weren't for the "No comment" beside it, I'd have a :D on my face knowing what it was - actually in this case I wonder if that comment confirms what it is.

m

TreIII

Dragon Tamer looks interesting...if nothing else. :D

Too bad though...I was hoping it would have had something more akin to Bahumut Lagoon style SRPG action...

bluemax

Banned
distantmantra said:
Oh, come on, Konami. I don't want realistic baseball on the PS3/360. I want Power Pro!!

Pretty please??

QFT. I'd die to have this out here. Power Pro MLB was AWESOME.

cvxfreak

Bebpo said:
Wow, that's amazingly cheap. I'm almost tempted to pick up the big package and keep it sealed just as a collectors item. Man, actually I better not buy that. I have so many versions of MGS1-3 already I'm almost at the Cvxfreak level of RE collection with MGS ^^;

It's a really nice and cheap package. Go for it! :p

Troidal

I wonder if MGS3 is just Snake Eater or Subsistence (with the new camera)? If its Snake Eater alone, then I'd have to keep Subsistence... :/

cvxfreak

Troidal said:
I wonder if MGS3 is just Snake Eater or Subsistence (with the new camera)? If its Snake Eater alone, then I'd have to keep Subsistence... :/

Looks like the originals here, I guess to keep with the Japanese voice track in all of them.

Still, I wouldn't mind them tacking on another 2500 yen to have Integral, Substance and Subsistence on it. :lol

Ceb

Hmm, since there's an event scheduled for the 20th MGS anniversary, hopefully they'll show off a teaser for the E3 MGS4 trailer there. :)

iifu

Neo Member
It's nice that they're not giving these re-releases some nasty new packaging like I tought they would. Thinking about picking up MGS2 + Document of MGS2 (I have the Konami Palace edition now) and also finally getting Portable Ops.

duckroll

What's interesting is that this is the first time Metal Gear is CONSISTANT in language for one collection. MGS is the original Japanese MGS, MGS2 is the original MGS2 and only MGS3 is Subsistence because that's in Japanese anyway and they want want to throw in MG1 and MG2. MPO is also in Japanese, and so is the Document of MGS2. Metal Gear Saga will be Japanese too. This is a great package.... IF YOU LIKE JAPANESE METAL GEAR! ....... ^^;; ....... :(

ethelred

Pureauthor said:
Is Dragon Tamer a music game of some sort?

It's an RPG. You use different sounds to create dragons that you use within the game. It's an interesting concept and the screens/art look pretty cool... though the name Bandai Namco is pretty scary stuff. I'd wait to hear who's developing this before getting too interested.

Top Bottom