• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old (graphically updated) Metal Gear Solid 4 Trailer

Gattsu25

Banned
Miguga64 said:
So the difference is that the new one have less sparkling lights! :lol
less is more

there's also motion blur and better particles outside of sparks

oh

and a better framerate

but hey, you're right...all they did was take out some sparkling lights

gah, it does look better....pfff this easily looks up there with games like uncharted and mass effect...god damn. Certainly it doesnt look worse than the original trailer, it has more effects layered: it looks better

peace

Raist

Banned
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/ga...07104048156073&releaseId=20051216153655522074

Contrary to what you may have read elsewhere, Konami has not issued a 'remastered' or enhanced video of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

GamesRadar has spoken to Konami, who informed us that the trailer which appeared on a new MGS site this morning, and which certain aggregate portals, news blogs and websites claim displays new visual effects, is definitely not new. Konami stressed to us that it has not released any new footage, and that we won't see anything of MGS4 until E3 2007 in July.

This 'new' footage is simply a recut version of last year's E3 trailer. Smoke effects, particles, melon physics, textures - all of these things are exactly the same in both versions, with not a hint of any retouched effects to be seen. And, anyway, doesn't Konami have better things to do than fiddle around with exisiting footage?

Huh

Nozi

Banned
Raist said:
Contrary to what you may have read elsewhere, Konami has not issued a 'remastered' or enhanced video of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

GamesRadar has spoken to Konami, who informed us that the trailer which appeared on a new MGS site this morning, and which certain aggregate portals, news blogs and websites claim displays new visual effects, is definitely not new. Konami stressed to us that it has not released any new footage, and that we won't see anything of MGS4 until E3 2007 in July.

This 'new' footage is simply a recut version of last year's E3 trailer. Smoke effects, particles, melon physics, textures - all of these things are exactly the same in both versions, with not a hint of any retouched effects to be seen. And, anyway, doesn't Konami have better things to do than fiddle around with exisiting footage?

That's funny

Goddammit, whoever made that screencap of Snake with the gun in his mouth with the phrase "Even Snake couldn't afford a PS3" is evil. I can never get that out of my head when I watch that scene.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I don't think gamesradar even watched the two videos. The differences are clear, and im not just talking the ps3 logo they mentioned.

Nozi

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
I don't think gamesradar even watched the two videos. The differences are clear, and im not just talking the ps3 logo they mentioned.

Konami are misinformed about their own product?

Yoboman

Nozi said:
Konami are misinformed about their own product?
Probably. Like I said in the other thread, it's not like they went and announced it with a press release and all. It was just the trailer they put on their site and it happens to have some upgrades.

Ranger X

I can't see much difference besides better video quality. Wierd the sparks aren't the same. Pics not taken at the same exact frame maybe?

Nozi

Banned
Ranger X said:
I can't see much difference besides better video quality. Wierd the sparks aren't the same. Pics not taken at the same exact frame maybe?

Pretty much what I was thinking

jett

D-Member
Nozi said:
Pretty much what I was thinking

Here's what I'm thinking

mgsgif5.gif

I'm thinking yer wrong.

Gattsu25

Banned
jett said:
Here's what I'm thinking

mgsgif5.gif

I'm thinking yer wrong.
so ****ing amazing

I mean, seriously

The differences definitely stood out for me, but seeing them back to back like that really brings out the differences

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
IS it just me, or does the animation adnf framerate SMOKE the previous version?
This game will rape me when I play it.

Pretty much everything I bitched about last year is in the game now... motion blur, sparks, frame rate is better.

Some other stuff I asked for was long distance sniping and heavy use of streaming so area's wouldn't be cut off into districts like the PS2 MGS games

BTW I actually won a prize for sending that letter through MGS.org which probably ended up on Ryan's computer :p

wish I had saved the damn letter on my computer so I could share it with everyone. SPARKS bitches!! Kojima, me >>>>>>> Spark haters

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Doom_Bringer said:
wish I had saved the damn letter on my computer so I could share it with everyone. SPARKS bitches!! Kojima, me >>>>>>> Spark haters
:lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I fully expect doom_bringer's name to appear in the special thanks section in the MGS4 end credits

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Finally watched the remastered trailer for the first time, wow it is totally improved. Smooth framerate and all...this game is gonna rock

Proc

lol @ the metal gears poopin green after they squash the watermelons.

I hope the game has varied environments. The fact that snake blows his head off in a similar looking environment leads me to believe its gonna be that environment for a while. Please give me at least one epic rain scene and some tight corridors with some lockers of various sizes heh. I'm stoked, and very interested to see what the controls and game play are like.

BigBoss

Proc said:
lol @ the metal gears poopin green after they squash the watermelons.

I hope the game has varied environments. The fact that snake blows his head off in a similar looking environment leads me to believe its gonna be that environment for a while. Please give me at least one epic rain scene and some tight corridors with some lockers of various sizes heh. I'm stoked, and very interested to see what the controls and game play are like.

Some of the scenes shown in this trailer don't actually take place in the Middle East. For example, the scene with Snake putting the gun in his mouth most likely takes place in some other area but Kojima wasn't ready to show anything from the S. America or E. European settings.

that trailer is why the downfall/westernization of the japanese developer is a particularly painful realization. no american dev can do that kinda shit, i'm sorry.

Barkley's Justice said:
that trailer is why the downfall/westernization of the japanese developer is a particularly painful realization. no american dev can do that kinda shit, i'm sorry.

The reason these trailers always rock is because Kojima's work is heavily influenced by film - both Eastern and Western.

Zen

Banned
I'm pretty sure the yellow/green tone stuff is just a result of the color levels in each respective trailer, it's not like they've altered the color levels or filters between the versions.

karasu

Zen said:
I'm pretty sure the yellow/green tone stuff is just a result of the color levels in each respective trailer, it's not like they've altered the color levels or filters between the versions.

Your avatar is amazing. Where is it from?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah Kojima and his team are very good at presentation and story telling. The 15 min trailer is all kinds of awesome, not just in the action scenes but also (and especially) during the more casual scenes, such as at the graveyard. The facial expressions are incredible, better than even movies like Advent Children or Spirit Within.

And I really prefer the Japanese voices, too bad they probably won't be optional on the American version.

Can't wait for this game!!!!!!

BigBoss

Ether_Snake said:
And I really prefer the Japanese voices, too bad they probably won't be optional on the American version.

Can't wait for this game!!!!!!

Kojima said they would be.

LJ11

disappeared said:
The more times I watch that trailer, the more I'm convinced that it might be the last videogame I ever want to play.

You read my mind. Gaming can die after I play this game, I wouldn't give a ****. Kojima owns my soul.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
BigBoss said:
Some of the scenes shown in this trailer don't actually take place in the Middle East. For example, the scene with Snake putting the gun in his mouth most likely takes place in some other area but Kojima wasn't ready to show anything from the S. America or E. European settings.

Yeah. I speculate the following based on a few things:

Middle East = Somewhere in Iraq (Big Boss did some missions in Iraq a long time ago, Sniper Wolf said he saved her and she is a Kurd). Liquid also was in the Gulf war.

Europe = Athen or possibly Rome. In the Kojima Productions report Ryan and Ken said they were going to visit a location in Europe, sometimes know as the "most beautiful city in the world". But it really could be anywhere.

Souther America = San Hireyonimo Peninsula (MPO location). I don't see why else they would go in South America.

Top Bottom