• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone PS3 rumors & facts meltdown (what we've heard so far)

Steroyd

inthezone said:
I never understood why people thought it wasnt going to be at this E3 since well... Phil Harrison confirmed its presence at GDC.

I think it was Tempy who works at Guerilla said the game might be behind closed doors causing confusion and dispair at GAF, but he also said he's usually kept out of the loop on these sort of things.

That list doesn't say squat on the matter.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
posted?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/e307/the-e3-killzone-2-invite-272022.php

killzoneinvite.JPG

The E3 Killzone 2 Invite
I just received a very swank looking black envelope (it even had my name and Kotaku written in silver foil) in the mail. Inside was this very stark invitation. On the back? A time, date and a location during E3 and the Playstation logo. Obviously, this has got to be for Killzone PS3, but what is it? It's got to be a hands-on for Killzone PS3? Right? I mean SCEA did already say at Gamer's Day that Killzone for the PS3 would be shown at this year's E3. Oh, and it's two and a half hours long. Brian Crecente

Busty

Banned
SCEA said:
...Oh, and it's two and a half hours long....

Jeeping f*ck!!!!

I wonder if this event will be before or after Sony's press conference. I'm assuming after which means that Killzone might just get a passing reference during the actual press conference as an unveiling before this event. It might even be Phil's "..and before we go.." to the audience to close the conference.

It can't be denied or speculated now. For this much attention, Sony better know what they are doing. Because either way, GAF is going to implode.

Forsete

2½ hours long? Ok, Sony just confirmed Killzone will be awesome. Why else waste 2½ hours on crap? :D

NeoGaf, berive.

Busty

Banned
pswii60 said:
The explanation about why Killzone 2 doesn't look as good as the E3 2k5 trailer.

:) I can just see it now.....

*the lights go up*

*The director of Killzone walks onto the stage*

"....my wife and I split up in June of 2005 and I've never gotten over it....."

*starts sobbing*

Awkward silence for 2hrs 25 mins.

Firewire

Banned
Busty said:
Jeeping f*ck!!!!

I wonder if this event will be before or after Sony's press conference. I'm assuming after which means that Killzone might just get a passing reference during the actual press conference as an unveiling before this event. It might even be Phil's "..and before we go.." to the audience to close the conference.

It can't be denied or speculated now. For this much attention, Sony better know what they are doing. Because either way, GAF is going to implode.

Maybe its finally finished! And will be released in Dec! :lol
We better see some damn good game play at E3!

Busty

Banned
Not a Jellyfish said:
eh we will see. don't get too excited.

I'm strangely not that excited for the game even though I loved Liberation on the PSP. I feel that Killzone has become a spectacle all of it's own with that trailer.

I'm excited for the fact that either way, this Killzone debacle will finally be over and we can move on from it. Right..........right?

Jim

Mesijs said:
:lol :lol No, according to the envelope it's LittleBigPlanet, I think.

Dude... where have you been?

lbp_killzone.jpg

That would be a really cool LBP costume

Tempy said:
2 1/2 hrs is the total length of the event. The invitees are split into groups. While waiting, or afterwards, they can get drunk, eat salted nuts and talk about Halo 3.

So Killzone-specific event confirmed ;)

Haunted

Busty said:
:) I can just see it now.....

*the lights go up*

*The director of Killzone walks onto the stage*

"....my wife and I split up in June of 2005 and I've never gotten over it....."

*starts sobbing*

Awkward silence for 2hrs 25 mins.
:lol

I like the Helghast design, because it always reminds me of Jin-Roh.

Luckyman

Banned
Tempy said:
2 1/2 hrs is the total length of the event. The invitees are split into groups. While waiting, or afterwards, they can get drunk, eat salted nuts and talk about Halo 3.

So.. public won't see shit amirite? :lol

Firewire

Banned
Tempy said:
2 1/2 hrs is the total length of the event. The invitees are split into groups. While waiting, or afterwards, they can get drunk, eat salted nuts and talk about the uninspiring Halo 3 beta!.

fixed! :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Tempy said:

That's like heaven on earth. Well... no quite, add gb and some Maroon 5 music and I'm totally there.
Indifferent2.gif

xaosslug

Tempy said:

PLAY IT KEWL, PLAY IT KEWL! ;P

RobertM said:
Kittonwy said:
What is 2 and a half hours long?
Indifferent2.gif
Private time.

Tempy said:
2 1/2 hrs is the total length of the event. The invitees are split into groups. While waiting, or afterwards, they can get drunk,
eat salted nuts
and talk about Halo 3.

hmm, tantric sex show, confirmed...?

methane47

Hype is rising!!

I've very excited to see what will become of the arguably most hyped game of all time..

The hype train has bowled me over already... A couple weeks ago i got myself a copy of the Original Killzone.. just off the hype of the new one.. and when starting the game.. i was so frickin hyped to even play the old one...

So i regret to say that I'm definitly excited to see what happens at E3.. GG has definitely captured my attention.. Especially with Tempy working there... gives me some extra spunk for me.... since he's from the same group of islands as me :D

So best case scenario, we get to see some trailer and the press gets an extended demonstration? Sounds about right. Anyway, it'd greatly surprise me if this wasn't at least astonishing to look at. In a gritty, filtered sort of way.

Steroyd

Why is it that everytime this thread is bumped for no reason is there always new info to follow.

and 2 and a half hours WTF do explain the game polygon by polygon or something. :O

RavenFox

Banned
I'm going to go beyond rational and sane behaviour and say Killzone PS3 is going to give Crysis comp.
Quote this gaf. Damn it I feel grizzlish today..grrrrrr

Busty said:
If gaf is going to implode either way, why does sony have to know what they are doing?

Pimpwerx

pswii60 said:
The explanation about why Killzone 2 doesn't look as good as the E3 2k5 trailer.
:lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Oh, and my official prediction is that the resulting thread will be chock full of hate even if the game looked like a CG movie.

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
So best case scenario, we get to see some trailer and the press gets an extended demonstration? Sounds about right. Anyway, it'd greatly surprise me if this wasn't at least astonishing to look at. In a gritty, filtered sort of way.

They need to have the damn thing playable if they're planning to release the game this year. I hope they follow what they did at Gamers Day and show playable builds for all of their games, at this point trailers alone don't make sense anymore.

Pimpwerx said:
:lol :lol :lol

EDIT: Oh, and my official prediction is that the resulting thread will be chock full of hate even if the game looked like a CG movie.
This is pretty much a given, the thread will be a wasteland of banned souls on both sides.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Kittonwy said:
They need to have the damn thing playable if they're planning to release the game this year.

I really don't think they are. If the beta is later this year, it seems to point at 2008 quite clearly.

Top Bottom