• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA E3 lineup- Mario and Sonic shown

tribal24

Banned
rakka said:
4p18m4h.jpg

run guys he is out to get you!!!!

TheGreatDave said:

Looks pretty solid, though very much like the original. The 3D stages - the jetski and boss levels - look OK, though hardly the best 3D on the DS. Overall, very much like the original so far, right down to what sounds like the same composer for the music (hoorah!)

Sega merging with Sammy has to be one of the greatest tragedies in history. To think they were once regarded as the most creative gaming company the industry has ever seen. I guess I shouldn't be shocked since this has been going on for years but whenever I look at a Sega upcoming release list, it still surprises me the amount of medicore, unoriginal crap this company is spewing forth.

Sonic Rush basically looks like you'd expect. I wasn't a big fan of the first one (Honestly, I'd kinda rather it was all on one screen) but I imagine it'll be worth picking up.

Triumph

Banned
Sigh.

Sega will continue to be dead to me until I get one of the following (in order of preference):

-Phantasy Star V. An actual Phantasy Star. Not some mmorpg crap.
-Skies of Arcadia II
-Shining Force IV
-Panzer Dragoon Saga II

C'mon Sega. You used to develop the most kick ass rpgs. WTF? You gave it up for Shenmue and a thousand crappy Sonic games? I just don't know you guys anymore.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This is being handled by one of the two last competent Sega developers, so I don't think this'll turn out too bad.

Also, can someone tell me when the Nintendo conference starts?

SonSon2

TheGreatDave said:
Sonic Rush basically looks like you'd expect. I wasn't a big fan of the first one (Honestly, I'd kinda rather it was all on one screen) but I imagine it'll be worth picking up.

But GANGSTA BEAT GANGSTA BEAT, GANGSTA BEAT GANGSTA BEAT

Scribble

blindrocket said:
I clicked this thread to see if Yakuza 2 might be listed.
I guess it's time to put that dream to bed. :(

I guess that we probably won't be getting Yakuza 2 in English, then. SIGH.

AniHawk

Triumph said:
Sigh.

Sega will continue to be dead to me until I get one of the following (in order of preference):

-Phantasy Star V. An actual Phantasy Star. Not some mmorpg crap.
-Skies of Arcadia II
-Shining Force IV
-Panzer Dragoon Saga II

C'mon Sega. You used to develop the most kick ass rpgs. WTF? You gave it up for Shenmue and a thousand crappy Sonic games? I just don't know you guys anymore.

The really terrible thing is that Rieko Kodama hasn't done anything since the Altered Beast remake for the PS2. Though I've heard her division's been put to work on Sega's Brain Training series.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think this could be pretty sweet. I hope the controls work.

Krowley

I don't know about that...

Worse than average jaggy problems in those pics.. Very noticeable jaggies.

Need to see a video since these could just be bad captures or something.

People don't even bother taking the time to make bullshots with Wii anymore. I know for a fact it won't look that bad on my TV, but it's like they don't care.

ep85 said:
why is mario and luigi wearing long sleves. i want to see them sexy arms.

If you go in that direction, they might end up wearing Speedos in the swimming events. *gag*

Anyway, it'll become more clear with videos and impressions, but the combination of Sonic/Mario characters and realistic environments does seem kind of odd. Doesn't look too bad, though.

AniHawk

Sindou_Hikaru20 said:
DS Version

9841.jpg
9842.jpg

9843.jpg

I forgot this was a DS game too. So at first I thought it was the Wii version. Then I thought this was an old Saturn game that was never released. Then I thought it was some old fan project. Then I actually read the post.

Calcaneus

I will have to buy this game, DS or Wii. Because, every time I see pics or an article about it, I get the feeling like this is history in the making.

It also makes me tingly.

Haunted

Oh yes. I want the Wii version of Mario & Sonic now. Day 1.

It's Mario vs Sonic. in one game.

Mario

vs

Sonic

This is epic.

Shit, this game actually doesn't look too bad. Maybe it will sell well :lol

CurseoftheGods said:
Sales say otherwise though. Sonic is far from a has-been.

The last truly strong selling Sonic game was Shadow the Hedgehog. Sonic Rush and Sonic Wii did decent, Sonic next gen bombed.

Mar

Mario and Sonic is somewhat intriguing to me. Not really sure why. Probably just the fact it looks like a fun party game, and Sonic and Mario finally together.

I was really hoping for an announcement of a new Monkey Ball game though from Sega. I hope for a real sequel one day :(.

AniHawk

Mar_ said:
Mario and Sonic is somewhat intriguing to me. Not really sure why. Probably just the fact it looks like a fun party game, and Sonic and Mario finally together.

I was really hoping for an announcement of a new Monkey Ball game though from Sega. I hope for a real sequel one day :(.

Banana Blitz was a real sequel. It just had supershitty minigames for multiplayer when there weren't any before.

Mar

AniHawk said:
Banana Blitz was a real sequel. It just had supershitty minigames for multiplayer when there weren't any before.

Well. I feel with the Banana Blitz tag, the bosses, the change in graphical theme and music, and experiment with the different monkey stats. It was enough to give it a 'not true sequel' kind of thing in my eyes. But that's probably just the Monkey Ball fanboy in me wishing Banana Blitz never happened.

A new Monkey Ball with the theme of 1 and 2 would make various blood pathways in my nether regions pulse with excitement.

Top Bottom