• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu scans ( ASH ...... etc )

NMH looks super cool, as usual.

dfggnn.jpg

Looks like the next killer is going to be revealed in next week issue. "Naomi" ?

Matsuno

duckroll said:
- It's a mix of RPG commands and Simulation RPG strategy maps. You form teams of up to 3 characters with a leader, and it's represented as a single unit on the map. You can have up to 5 teams at the same time later.

Like Ogre Battle.....
Minaba has a style in this game much close to Yoshida... seems developed from Matsuno in the shadow...
Good Nintendo no E3 show :(

duckroll

I touched up and blew up the pics, so enjoy the screens. Don't hotlink these pics elsewhere, I don't want my Photobucket account raped. If you want to use them elsewhere just host them on some other free host or something. Thanks.

ash03.jpg
nash08.jpg

nash10.jpg
ash01.jpg

ash04.jpg
nash13.jpg

nash09.jpg
nash07.jpg

ash02.jpg

nash05.jpg

nash06.jpg

nash11.jpg

nash12.jpg

reminder

Could we have some infos on Tears to Tiara please? Is it confirmed that it's a port of the PC version? How is the combat system, turn based or realtime? And most importantly: was the PC version good or bad? :D

GDGF

Soothsayer
Stumpokapow said:
hahaha that Simple series fishing game looks SUBSTANTIALLY better than any of the actual fishing games shown for Wii.

:lol Yeah. I noticed that too.

ASH looks hot, BTW.

(pun nintended)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
broadwayrock said:
Sparkster from Rocket Knight Adventures on the front cover. Is that Konami's new secret game announcement?

you might be joking, but that's famitsu's mascot

ethelred

duckroll said:
Okay, gave the long interview a good read. I'll translate some interesting details.

- The game is supposed to be more realistic and serious, hence the requirement for pre-rendered movies, sprites, and voice.

- The game's theme and tone are very different from Blue Dragon.

- It's a mix of RPG commands and Simulation RPG strategy maps. You form teams of up to 3 characters with a leader, and it's represented as a single unit on the map. You can have up to 5 teams at the same time later.

- When you engage enemies on the battlefield, instead of a one-to-one attack like in a normal strategy game, it switches to a team battle encounter like a RPG, menu driven.

- As it is a strategy RPG, everything is governed by Action Points. AP is shared between an entire team, not individual characters.

- There are two types of characters - main characters and ash warriors. Only main characters who are actual living beings and story characters can be team leaders.

- Ash warriors are considered as troops in your army which can level up and gain skills. When you're satisfied with their development you can then absorb them into a main character to transfer the powers. Absorbed ash warriors are lost forever.

- First 2 Gigabit DS rom. They really need the space.

- Like any other strategy RPG, there will be field skills that you can use on the battlefield itself, as well as support magic that allows one team to boost the stats of another team, etc.

- Mistwalker seems to actually be developing the entire game themselves this time. Release date is definitely within 2007 in Japan.

I love all of this information so fantastically much.

And the scans themselves look great, too.

Hcoregamer00 said:
DS famitsu lineup > DS lineup in E3

FACT

I dunno, Contra 4 is playable at E3.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wasn't Tears to Tiara one of the games Leaf was forced to open up the source code to the public due to a GPL violation or something?

Haunted

Man, ASH was considered vapourware by us for the longest time, and now that we got like 8 new scans, suddenly everyone's all over it
including me!

Very nice. I'm finally seeing the SRPG grid battle system. HAH! ethelred's quote is 100% exactly like my prediction for the battle system was. :D
How much is this in MB? 256?

Quazar

duckroll said:
Okay, gave the long interview a good read. I'll translate some interesting details.

- The game is supposed to be more realistic and serious, hence the requirement for pre-rendered movies, sprites, and voice.

- The game's theme and tone are very different from Blue Dragon.

- When you engage enemies on the battlefield, instead of a one-to-one attack like in a normal strategy game, it switches to a team battle encounter like a RPG, menu driven.

- As it is a strategy RPG, everything is governed by Action Points. AP is shared between an entire team, not individual characters.

- There are two types of characters - main characters and ash warriors. Only main characters who are actual living beings and story characters can be team leaders.

- Ash warriors are considered as troops in your army which can level up and gain skills. When you're satisfied with their development you can then absorb them into a main character to transfer the powers. Absorbed ash warriors are lost forever.

- Like any other strategy RPG, there will be field skills that you can use on the battlefield itself, as well as support magic that allows one team to boost the stats of another team, etc.

- Mistwalker seems to actually be developing the entire game themselves this time. Release date is definitely within 2007 in Japan.

I told people this in another thread, didn't listen.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ethelred said:
I dunno, Contra 4 is playable at E3.
Yeah, it was Nintendo's first party DS line-up that sucked, would've been completely worthless without Zelda (and Layton if it was there).

TreIII

JadedOne said:
Oh god, they created ANOTHER shitty friend for Sonic?! When is it going to end?!?!?!

Normally, I'd agree with you...but since Blaze also has her origins in Rush (and she was also a respectable character that more people liked than were turned off to), I'm hoping that the same can be said for "Marin" in this sequel. Besides, at this rate, she doesn't even look like she's playable, just like Tails isn't...

Any way...ASH looks and sounds GREAT. Day 1 purchase. That is all. :D

Hcoregamer00 said:
Bingo, I would love to think that they would be hitting 512 MB's soon just because I have a feeling that Dragon Quest 9 would need it.

3D-Games don't need so much, see N64 games, Conker had 512Mbit/64MB
Maybe for the FMV and Voice Acting; humm, but conker also had some VA...

I was right. The characters stay in still positions during battles. That's kind of lame if you ask me, they could at least have minute repeating movements.... ah well, not a biggie. :)

edit: OMG!! 2GB is here!! I hope we see some new, big RPG's with this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Chris Michael said:
edit: OMG!! 2GB is here!! I hope we see some new, big RPG's with this.

2GB is not here. 1GB is not even here. There is no chance that the DS will ever support 2GB cards.

So, can someone see if new info is being revealed in the NMH scans?

The only obvious thing seems to be the ATM machine, and I'm guessing that maybe Travis is supposed to store and draw money there (maybe he'll lose all the cash he's holding if it isn't transfered into his account?).

Top Bottom