• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning to appear in Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kagari on suicide watch.

Thanks Capell:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/LightningReturnsFFXIII/#go_there

Does the link imply we will be seeing a Lightning cameo in FFX/X-2 HD?

http://gematsu.com/2013/07/square-enix-announces-final-fantasy-go-there-campaign

These Final Fantasy series collaborations are part of a new campaign called “Final Fantasy Go There.” Lightning Returns and Final Fantasy XIV are the focus, but Square Enix is working on a variety of collaborations, including Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster. Collaborations with other Square Enix titles are also planned.

zeopower6

They also mention that it'll spread to other SE titles as well.

However, it might not be Lightning and could just be cross-FF-ish things (like a Miqo'te or Hyur in FFX|X-2 Remaster maybe?) but of course, the likeliest thing that will happen is that they'll add a Lightning job in X-2 :(

What is SE's obsession with Lightning?!?

I don't think it's that necessarily...

But it can be explained with the fact that she's sort of the 'mascot' of all the releases that are happening in the next few months and they're all going to be out at roughly the same time. When was the last time SE put out this many console/handheld FF titles in a span of a few months?

Aeana

There's a Yuna costume coming for Lightning, so I'm sure they'll put a little something in FF10/10-2 HD. It'll probably be minor. I guess it could be something as big as a new dressphere in 10-2, but I kinda doubt it.

Mengetsu

w1yq1m.jpg

Not In my favorite FF game please!

as said in the other thread it could be a Yuna X/X-2 costume in LR..

I really hope there won't be a cameo in FFX/X-2 HD.. It won't make ANY sense at all.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So Lightning is basically the new Chocobo/Moogle now?

Lionheart

I don't mind Lightning myself, but really, they shouldn't try to mix different Final Fantasy worlds and lore. I could agree it's acceptable in an online game like FF XIV, but keep the other worlds separate, please. :(

(Kinda the same goes for trying to fit the Zelda games in a timeline, so unnecessary)

Aeana

I don't mind Lightning myself, but really, they shouldn't try to mix different Final Fantasy worlds and lore. I could agree it's acceptable in an online game like FF XIV, but keep the other worlds separate, please. :(

(Kinda the same goes for trying to fit the Zelda games in a timeline, so unnecessary)

They already linked FF7 and FF10. They could go all the way and reveal that Lightning is actually Cloud.

In FFX? I could probably deal with it if it was short and well done. After all, she didn't like Snow in FF13, so I can sort of dig her.

In FFX-2? Sure, go nuts. Despite being a game I loved, let us not pretend there isn't a massive amount of garbage in there already. A new mission or two would be good.

Valnen

That 30 minutes of extra content? BAM! Lightning in your Spira!

<popcorn.gif for days>

If anything I was thinking the 30 extra minutes would be another hint at FFX and FFVII sharing the same universe, along with a hint they haven't forgotten about FFVII.

But people would like that too much...

zeopower6

that doesn't mean her appearance in Spira would make sense for X or X-2 :p

Maybe you have to try to dodge her instead of the bolts of Lightning?

This thing seems to be going both ways for the titles (XIII stuff in XIV, XIV stuff in LR, X/X-2 stuff in LR, and probably LR stuff in X/X-2)...

Lightning dressphere seems likeliest.

It'll probably be something minor and completely ignorable.

That being said, the shoehorning's getting straight up comical now.

Poyunch

You'll see. When it's FFXL, Lightning will be a regular summon in the series and the kids wouldn't be able to comprehend a Final Fantasy that didn't include her.

There's a Yuna costume coming for Lightning, so I'm sure they'll put a little something in FF10/10-2 HD. It'll probably be minor. I guess it could be something as big as a new dressphere in 10-2, but I kinda doubt it.

a dress sphere makes sense to me too

Fast forward five years and the Final Fantasy VII remake is released, Cloud steps out of the changing booth in Wall Market during the cross dressing sequence, and it's Lightning. Everybody is happy.
Nobody is Happy.

Maybe you have to try to dodge her instead of the bolts of Lightning?

This thing seems to be going both ways for the titles (XIII stuff in XIV, XIV stuff in LR, X/X-2 stuff in LR, and probably LR stuff in X/X-2)...

Lightning dressphere seems likeliest.

a Lightning dressphere would be fine, cos that would mean they didn't artificially extend any story crap.

zeopower6

a Lightning dressphere would be fine, cos that would mean they didn't artificially extend any story crap.

Seems like the only cameo with a story behind it is Lightning's appearance in Eorzea. There are quests related to that, right?

Everything else seems to be some form of customization (outfits, weapons, etc)....

Top Bottom