• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2007

Guy Legend

sonycowboy said:
What that shows, among other things, is that people know which one they want and the price drop didn't affect 360 sales to any significant degree.

Also very surprising considering all the negative publicity Microsoft recieved regarding the RROD and poor hardware. Once they get people's systems fixed and a reliable design on the market, seems like this fiasco will dissolve away.

LOcKY

Im sure a lot of you have noticed for Sony PR statements, is never mention the Wii or Nintendo.

Oh Sony if ONLY you didnt put that Blu-Ray drive in your machine things would have been SOOOOO different.

Fuzzy said:
We already have one this month so I'm guessing it'll be a new thing for each month.

Yeah, maybe I should have looked on the front page before I started asking for something we already had.

Xisiqomelir

Picture12-2.png

Picture11-1.png

Cut out the uhh...inflammatory console names I use at my other (trolling+flaming) forum

Blue: Wii
Yellow: 360
Red: PS3

Dragona Akehi said:
Alright it's a little silly for the silly image thread to have graphs, but not this one.

Bring on the graphs -- they're part of Sales-Age and help rather than hinder discussion (which is why images were banned).

Yay! Bring on the graphs! (And the pacman charts!)

Parl

Tideas said:
I think everyone is being a little, non-sensical in the attack of the PS3.

What most ppl should have their attention on, is how MS should be concern.

When you're only priced $50 than your opponent, yet they're outselling you 3:1, you better rethink something.

Core + game + Memory = $350 (before price drop)

360 was 40% higher price than Wii. PS3 was only 25% higher than 360 Premium, yet couldn't outsell it on the month of the price drop.

PS3 needs games then it needs another price drop in March. It'll be doing better then. Pushing 150k per month.

Odysseus

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Alright it's a little silly for the silly image thread to have graphs, but not this one.

Bring on the graphs -- they're part of Sales-Age and help rather than hinder discussion (which is why images were banned).

anihawk, it's your time to shine!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
sonycowboy said:
The price drop was in effect for 26 out of the 28 covered days, at least officially. (NPD uses retail calendar which is different)

Some stores didn't drop their price for a day or two, but it was essentially the whole month.

Corrected and noted. Gotcha. =)

Eric WK

VictimOfGrief said:
Without getting into too much history of NPD data... why is the use of images, graphs or other media in such hot water all the sudden?

The concern is over the use of GIFs and pointless images.

Elios83

I fully understand and support the non sense of this thread :lol :D but here the only suprising thing is the serious huge Nintendomination, it's starting to be not only beyond any expectations but beyond logic :O
Sony hit their expectations, they wanted the price cut to double their sales, they nailed it perfectly 80k (4weeks)-> 160k.
Their problem is certaianly not being outsold by 10k by the 360 this month (that is just pleasure for trolls) but staying competitive for the rest of the year in the US market. And without the 399$ price point and well received contents it will be impossibile to hard, I've been saying this since the beginning of the year.

Sypher

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:

yay! are animated graphs ok if they still have Sales-age value?

Eric WK said:
If you think gaming is going to be the same ten years from now, you're out of your mind.

Gaming is nothing like it was 10 years ago now. Or 10 years before that. That's because it's an evolving medium, and more people playing games and more designers making accessible games isn't going to change anything. You people act like Tetris wasn't one of the best selling games of all time, or the PS1 and PS2 were selling off hardcore games. Nothing is changing, Nintendo are just raping the competition because they know price and accessibility are more important than HD and 5.1

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
sonycowboy said:
I think the PS3 sales were exactly where we thought they'd be. It's the 360 doing better that's surprising.

What that shows, among other things, is that people know which one they want and the price drop didn't affect 360 sales to any significant degree.
Even though the numbers pretty much match our predictions, Pachter's prediction contributed to this shock. We're still impressionable regardless of what is said about him on these boards. :lol

Busty said:
They really are. I have a crushing feeling that with the PS2 and Wii still dominating, the 360 and the PS3 may become the generation that time forgot.

:lol

It had the best selling game of the month. AGAIN.

Eric WK

TheGreatDave said:
Gaming is nothing like it was 10 years ago now. Or 10 years before that. That's because it's an evolving medium, and more people playing games and more designers making accessible games isn't going to change anything. You people act like Tetris wasn't one of the best selling games of all time, or the PS1 and PS2 were selling off hardcore games. Nothing is changing, Nintendo are just raping the competition because they know price and accessibility are more important than HD and 5.1

Nintendo isn't even necessarily the target of my concern. In retrospect, I should have worded that differently. It's also the advancement of tech in general.

In other words - ten to fifteen years from now, I don't want to have to bust out my 360 or PS3 to play games the way I grew up playing them.

Tideas

Banned
Parl said:
Core + game + Memory = $350 (before price drop)

360 was 40% higher price than Wii. PS3 was only 25% higher than 360 Premium, yet couldn't outsell it on the month of the price drop.

PS3 needs games then it needs another price drop in March. It'll be doing better then. Pushing 150k per month.

Why are you adding memory and game to just the 360 instead of doing the same to the Wii or adding game to the PS3?

What's the cheapest Wii you can find? $250. What's the cheapest 360? $300. What's the cheapest PS3? $500.

Why the spin?

StevieP

Banned
Eric WK said:
Nintendo isn't even necessarily the target of my concern. In retrospect, I should have worded that differently. It's also the advancement of tech in general.

And yet you want the same controller in a decade? :lol

Ramenman

segarr said:
360...may be my last console for awhile...next gen (Real next gen) is going to be so different, I feel that this gen may be "the last hoorah" so to speak as far as this hobby goes.

Wow, that's harsh. I didn't expect the "I'm quitting gaming" before at least page 20.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
jj984jj said:
Even though the numbers pretty much match our predictions, Pachter's prediction contributed to this shock. We're still impressionable regardless of what is said about him on these boards. :lol
from what i've seen, he's made a lot of solid predictions though.

laserbeam

Banned
sp0rsk said:
How's the takeover watch looking? Wii hit 10 mill yet?

schuelma said:
From my own estimates, the Wii has overtaken the 360

Edit- as always, Europe are partial estimates/my best guess.

Wii- 10.255M

Japan- 3.35M (through last week)

N.A- 4.042M (through July)

PAL- 2.863M (through July)

360- 10.045M

Japan- 400K (through last week)

N.A- 6.35M (through July)

PAL- 3.295 (through July)

seems so

WingM@n

I wonder how the X360 sales will increase after Bioshock's release, and september and october's numbers(halo 3 released) . It can only go up the next 3 months.

F#A#Oo

Banned
haunts said:
PS3 doomed? People are really nuts on here, I swear. All in all wasn't a bad sales month compared to previous months. Its not getting into peoples homes like the Wii is, but why should it? How many people these days even "get" what HD is? I think what this really shows that if PS3 drops another $50-$100 it will push/break 200k almost every month outside of holiday seasons.

Rose tinted glasses?

sonycowboy said:
Not very gentlemanly.

But, if you guys post dumb ass images for graphs, it's going to hurt at least twice as bad.

Precisely, if I see any crying Kutaragis, etc. you're looking at a minimum three months in Banheim.

Jokeropia

Dragona Akehi said:

Ok thanks.

i152534_June.jpg

LOcKY said:
Im sure a lot of you have noticed for Sony PR statements, is never mention the Wii or Nintendo.

Oh Sony if ONLY you didnt put that Blu-Ray drive in your machine things would have been SOOOOO different.

But..All the Sony fans say that PS3 needs the Blu Ray, and that X-box 360 is hurt by not having Blu Ray.the

Top Bottom