• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games announcing 'a little something extra' shortly after W101 Direct

Calamari41

41 > 38
I wouldn't be opposed to an extension of the Nintendo sugar daddy relationship. I don't think that an outright purchase would really be of much benefit. Nintendo would be smart to just keep commissioning games. The relationship is obviously going smoothly thus far, so why not keep it up? Also, give them Starfox.

thefro

I would guess it'd be something smaller like unveiling Battle mode considering it's just going to be on the P* blog.

If it was a big new game or even a Bayonetta port it would have been part of the Nintendo Direct on Wed.

Why are people thinking the announcement will not be Nintendo related? The ND page states:

Welcome to The Wonderful 101 Direct! Watch the presentation below for all the info on this upcoming Wii U action title.
Once the broadcast is over you can re-watch the presentation and additional video again at any time!

So unless you think Nintendo are going to advertise a competitors product on their own site, it has to be related to a Nintendo product(most likely Smash or Year of Luigi).

JoeFenix

I wouldn't be opposed to an extension of the Nintendo sugar daddy relationship. I don't think that an outright purchase would really be of much benefit. Nintendo would be smart to just keep commissioning games. The relationship is obviously going smoothly thus far, so why not keep it up? Also, give them Starfox.

That would be a sensible thing to wish for. If Platinum is happy with the relationship why not?

The more strong partners they can form great relationships with the better. Kojima seemed super happy with them and wants to work with them again so I hope that happens too!

It's just good to leave the door open, getting bought out seems to go against the spirit of the studio. But hey what do I know? Maybe they loved working with Nintendo so much that it's something they would be happy with.

JoeFenix

Only had the audio running for the trailer and it sounded like the most epic shit ever!

This is going to be GOTY no doubt about it, nothing can top this, NOTHING!

eXistor

This is going to be GOTY no doubt about it, nothing can top this, NOTHING!

Well, it sure looks to be a contender. I thougt the game couldn't get more awesome, but then they just upped the ante by a thousand. Good job Platinum, good job.

The "little sometrhing extra" is the demo I'd wager. I'm not complaining though, I want it in my veins now and Platinum is providing!

Wonderful 101 going multiplatform was my first intuition when I read the title. But that would heavily harm WiiU version sales, so I guess not.

Think of it like this: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon was made by a 3rd party developer, yet released on 3DS and clearly a Nintendo property, Wonderful 101 is in the same situation.

Since the demo was announced in the direct and they said the announcement would come after, I don't think that would be it.

The announcement will obviously be the demo for NA, don't get your hope up. They are just waiting to announce it a few minutes before 8:00.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
E9bcJ50.png

Am I the first to post this? It sounds like a development blog.

It's probably the demo. NoA not announcing the demo during the Direct while NoE and NCL did might be the source for the initial confusion on PG's blog.

I guess you're right, still why haven't they make it clear yet after they teased a surprise?
I have been refreshing their website and Twitter account's pages for a while.

robot

From their blog:

The Wonderful 101 Demo is now available on the Japanese and European Nintendo Wii U eShop! Our fans in the US will have to wait a bit more, but don’t start reading any long books!

I hate how down to earth these predictions have gotten, so let me change that.

1. Not only a WiiU revengeance port, But Revengeance 2 demo on disc!
2. Platinum games Starfox
3. Platinum games Metroid!
4. Platinum games is making a title in the ____ nintendo franchise.
5. Kamiya being promoted to president of Nintendo.
There we go, I'm sure all of these things are very possible.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Here's something I've always wondered, Nintendo is usually so family friendly and non-offensive and such when it comes to how they interact with fans, I'm surprised that Kamiya hasn't been forced to reel in some of his cruder statements on Twitter, even more so since the Nintendo Direct linked to it.

JPKellams

Surprise was the demo.

Surprise for me/us was that it was mentioned on the direct in Europe. Wasn't expecting that one! :)

Sit tight for the US version. (If I knew an exact date/time, I'd share it.)

Fandangox

So what was the announcement supposed to be? It can't be the demo, cause it'd be much more simple (and efficient) to announce it in the direct itself.

It wouldn't make sense to have Platinum do a separate announcement just for that.

Top Bottom