• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton668

only true believers can read that with no translation

while the unwashed heathens will have to rely on...
WHYPX8B.png

Boke1879

While I agree, they did get away with it last gen. People just don't seem to care if it's faulty or not, they'll still re-buy it in droves so long as the software is there. They've just invested so much into CoD to make it' seem' like an exclusive, that I just can't see them giving up and letting Sony have first grabs at it. CoD is a system seller, people will drop xbone for the ps4 version if that's what's available on day one.

To be fair. It was on the market a year before the PS3. This time they would have a cheaper more powerful PS4 to contend with. If the hardware is faulty why wait to get it fixed when you can buy a PS4 sitting on store shelves?

Loudninja

Sounds at least like Sony is not sitting on the sidelines this time around.
They might try but most Japanese developers are already on board with the PS4 - namely with exclusives. MS has no year advantage this time and I'd like to think Japanese developers have a bit of sense after what happened this generation.

I still don't get how speaking like that will stop him from getting into trouble, I mean if he spoke normally MS still won't know his identity? Can someone explain..

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Applausenetta 101 coming exclusively on ITunes WW.

PS4OAR will release before it. What kind of PROPHETIC teas?

platinum about to get dragged again. Nintendo: "You can have ha"

but $399 would be a worse value proposition that $499, as it would simply be a less powerful PS4, at least with the Kinect in the box there's a chance of a hook, to reel the little fishy consumers in.

Nobody cares about specs. Xbox One will have some good exclusives and that can reel people in.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Cboat let us meet up at GC I will buy you as many drinks as you like. You doing the good work.

Ps4 in october ist awesome.

Not getting the platinum thing because isn't the xbox one delayed for japan aswell?

Maybe a Japan-exclusive Platinum game is Microsoft's way of making it up to the Japanese for being late. Microsoft's "Please understand," if you will.

Samyy

In Canada XboxGhosts was the top trend for a while a couple days go, yea Xbox will be fine because CoD is pretty much treated as an exclusive.

If Microsoft is truly "rushing" their console to market then I wouldn't want to buy a launch unit like I did last time. Actually I got mine a few months after launch but its the same thing. I'm on my 4th Xbox 360 and 2nd PS3 right now.

Kyon

Banned
I think people need to remember MS had the year head start and the low price point. It gave them a huge boost being the only next gen system. But PS3 came out struggled a bit and already outsold it WW. Now with MS having 0 year head start the true tea on Sony's GLOBAL power will show.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I still don't get how speaking like that will stop him from getting into trouble, I mean if he spoke normally MS still won't know his identity? Can someone explain..

If he writes normally, someone could recognize his writing/speaking style and figure out who he is. Also, writing like that makes it hard for news outlets to quote him.

Nokterian

If Microsoft is truly "rushing" their console to market then I wouldn't want to buy a launch unit like I did last time. Actually I got mine a few months after launch but its the same thing. I'm on my 4th Xbox 360 and 2nd PS3 right now.

I for see a new dawn of another type of RRoD called the blue sky with a sad face smiley :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It cost sony like $4B to turn the PS3 from a sinking ship into something respectable, and even then it really remains an unmitigated financial disaster for them.

Let's be honest-- Microsoft has bigger fish to fry than worry about some marginal home entertainment box for nerds. This is either going to be a massive, cohesive living room dominating monsterbox (they're already retreating from this vision) or they're not going to be willing to take that kind of hit.

If I'm looking at potential ROI on projects and I'm Steve Ballmer, I'm way more worried about Apple and Google than fighting a zombie electronics company that is subsisting by selling life insurance and that relic Nintendo.

Well that's kind of my point; MS aren't aiming to 'win the console war', they're aiming to make money with their product. So why are they so massively mad keen to rush to release their box opposite one that makes virtually their entire target market wonder why they're bothering? It seems to me that, even if I were really interested in Xbone as a product, I still wouldn't be rushing to buy one this year given all this stuff about how rushed they are, and how rushed all the launch software is. Besides the initial 180s over DRM, and the possibility of a Kinectless-SKU, every new piece of info that leaks screams 'don't buy this until 2015 at the soonest'. At the moment they're just throttling what life remained in the Xbox brand.

I guess actually to be honest I don't see how MS can do well out of this now. I actually feel kind of bad for the engineers in the Xbox division, their management has been so thoroughly outmanoeuvred by Sony, I'd be worried about my long-term job prospects.

To be fair. It was on the market a year before the PS3. This time they would have a cheaper more powerful PS4 to contend with. If the hardware is faulty why wait to get it fixed when you can buy a PS4 sitting on store shelves?

Ah, that's right, forgot about the year head start. I just don't see MS letting CoD go so easily. I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to get the game delayed, or at least the next gen version delayed until the xbone launch.

truthfacte+4
fy yoi thgouhte poelw er mad about abyoneta going sequeleggy to WeeeeYEWW youl be soemwaht nuhapy babout waht MS i money hateing w/Platfinim/. other jpnj dvs inplay to but KMAIYATown IS ONLY o1 I am solid onon. game NOT for nortamser uior Euroep, btway which maek sno nsense byt hwathever.

Well damn.

1. not a big deal, sucks about the delay though

2. lame, but that's the business

3. good for those of you who are getting a ps4 at launch

4. this is very interesting. a new IP from Platinum could be great

5. if it's true that Microsoft cancelled a MOBA game, this might give a lot of truth to the rumor that League of Legends will be be a console exclusive for Xbox 1.
Why else would Microsoft cancel their own MOBA?

6. not surprising

7. while it doesn't make much sense for a Kinect-less SKU at launch at this point, it does make a lot of sense for spring 2014.

Just speculation dude. CBOAT says MS are pursuing more Japanese exclusives, now From and specifically Miazaki would make sense for them to go after. His games have WW appeal.

edit:aaaaannnnnnddddd done
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=58658473

Last bit of info then. I know you're being sarcastic, but Demon's Souls 2 is in development.

I highly doubt both of them are wrong, they have gotten things wrong before but not things they both agree on.

Seems to be Albert Penello vs. CBoaT then.
AP doesn't know how XB1 will sell at launch. If it does abysmally of course they will drop Kinect before they die. And the language thing doesn't make sense as CBoaT pointed out.

We already know we get new builds for some games, playable for the public. Like FM5, KI, Ryse.
There are many possible scenarios:

-They lied about the updated builds
-The updated builds were finished and the showfloor devkits send to gamescom before the 20% drop happened
-The drop only refers to titles with no extra build, meaning they will demo some games exactly in which state they currently are, meaning they will have bugs and are not polished for public play

Whatever the reason is, there is something going on. Otherwise they would at least stream the opening keynote.

Albert is head of product planning for Microsoft. He would know if there where any whispers of Kinectless SKU, and wouldn't have commented if there was a possibility.
He would lose his credibility within the gaming community.

lol.

Being an exec for company and being "credible"

Albert has to tow the company line until day and date of an annoucement.

Besides, nobody said this is confirmed. Only if initial sales drop off quickly compared to sony, it will be considered.

Its going to happen at some point, but I think Mar/Apr next year is a bit too soon.

Toad.T

Banned
Am6jm7y.jpg

Gies vs Cboat!!!!

Pardon me if this sounds like topic derailing, but who is Gies and why is he hated so much around here? The other tweets by him seem like he's aware of the industry, so where does the hate spring up from?

Also, it's such a treat to post in my first CBOAT thread. Hi CBOAT!

As for the news itself, the prospect of Kinect being removed from future XONEs is intriguing. What other things will MS backtrack on? Find out next time on Console Wars 8!

Honey Bunny

I don't know how they expect to make any impact in Japan moneyhatting Platinum, their one big ip is already moneyhatted, lol. I suppose they could be working on someone else's ip,
Revengeance style.

Pardon me if this sounds like topic derailing, but who is Gies and why is he hated so much around here? The other tweets by him seem like he's aware of the industry, so where does the hate spring up from?

Officially the most disreputable person in the enthusiast press!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think people need to remember MS had the year head start and the low price point. It gave them a huge boost being the only next gen system. But PS3 came out struggled a bit and already outsold it WW. Now with MS having 0 year head start the true tea on Sony's GLOBAL power will show.

I just think Microsoft just don't care much about worldwide and just want to secure USA market by rushing Xbox One, USA seems to be a very loyal to the Xbox brand nowdays and Microsoft don't want to lose that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom