• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS Portable Ops 2 CONFIRMED?

http://ashleybambaland.blogspot.com/

We are told as of this moment that the MGS MPO 2 (Mobile portable ops2) for the PSP will be going ahead soon. This is definitely a scoop (You heard it here first!) and we are happy to confirm that Ash will once again be teaming up with Konami and the all of the crew at Team Kajima for this project.

Not seen anything about this tonight, sorry if its old hat.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
you never know, maybe some random person came up to him while he was intoxicated and said "THEY'RE MAKING MPO2!! TIME TO GET CRUNK"

ohhh whatever

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
theBishop said:
another person who doesn't know the definition of "confirmed". Even the titular "?" doesn't save this one.
Yeah, why would the guy who did all the cutscenes for the first know anything about the status of a sequel?

Thass jus stupid yo

Tiktaalik

This is sort of good and bad news if true. Good because another MGS is always good, but bad because MPO had sort of ass controls and I'd much rather have these games on the PS2.

Blader

Ether_Snake said:
Who is Ash?

image004.jpg

Pokemon/MGS crossover confirmed?

Kyoufu

Tiktaalik said:
This is sort of good and bad news. Good because another MGS is always good, but bad because MPO had sort of ass controls and I'd much rather have these games on the PS2.

Yeah I tried my friend's MGPO and didn't like the controls, so I don't really know how good the PSP game fares up to the PS2 ones. I haven't even finished MGS3 though :/

I want a sequel to Acid 2.

So what's the problem? Is it supposed to be Team Kajimo?

Anyway, I thought a sequel was already discussed, or further works discussed, in an interview following the announcement of MGPO+

kenta

Has no PEINS
Please make the camera like the original MGS! Let's emphasize sneaking rather than fighting with controls, think Killzone Liberation (hubba hubba)

Well it was a hit, and they did say they would continue the story of Big Boss on the PSP.... sooo, I would assume a sequel is going to happen.

But not by this "Kajima"

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
The overuse and misuse of the word "confirmed" has become an alarming problem. especially when spelled out in huge capital letters in the thread title.

TeethMummy said:
The overuse and misuse of the word "confirmed" has become an alarming problem. especially when spelled out in huge capital letters in the thread title.
I made it caps it just for you <3

Sage00 said:
Why is this blog in the third person?

Because it's an elaborate, 2 year long hoax to fool people into believing they're making a sequel to MPO!

I'm surprised how few people in this thread have heard of Ashley Wood actually.

DiddyBop

they said if this game was a hit they wouldn't mind making a sequel since they have lots of big boss stories to tell, so im sure the psp will get at least 2 more portable ops games.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
SolidSnakex said:
If they do make another, they should base it off of The Boss and the Cobras WW2 mission.

Sounds awesome. I would like to see more about the Les Enfant Terribles project.

Graphics Horse said:
Because it's an elaborate, 2 year long hoax to fool people into believing they're making a sequel to MPO!

I'm surprised how few people in this thread have heard of Ashley Wood actually.

Yeah well that is the elitist GAF that think they know more than people who actually worked on the games.

You dumb fuckers, Ashley Wood was in charge of the AWESOME art in the story scenes from Portable Ops.

But yeah great news. I just kind of wish there was someway to make the controls not kill my hands ;p

TONX said:
Sounds awesome. I would like to see more about the Les Enfant Terribles project.

They've got to do a title based on The Boss. Whether its a PSP title or their next ocnsole MG (i'd prefer this route but it doesn't matter much). Best character other than Snake in the series. So to only have herpart of 1 game for the most part would suck.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
The classic MGS 3/4 overhead view would work much better for a PSP game than the behind-the-back view they opted for, no doubt.

Matix

Shig said:
The classic MGS 3/4 overhead view would work much better for a PSP game than the behind-the-back view they opted for, no doubt.

Maybe include an option for both camera-views?!

Ashley Wood is the comic book artist for the MGS graphic novels and made all the art for the Cut-scenes in Portable Ops. Sounds confirmed to me. Definitely a reliable source!

novery

Thought I'd jump in before this spirals out of control.

Not really sure what's going on with that blog, but maybe they were referring to Ash's work on the MGS2 digital graphic novel?

Nobody wants MPO2 more than me, but we're not developing it right now.

novery said:

Not really sure what's going on with that blog, but maybe they were referring to Ash's work on the MGS2 digital graphic novel?

:(

<dreams crushed>

Sage00

Once And Future Member
novery said:

Noo. :(

Are the MPO team working on something else? MGO?

novery said:

I believe you, but you didn't actually contradict what the blog said ;)

Top Bottom