• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida - What a wonderful guy

thuway

because the wiiu is going to destroy the ps3 and also because the vita is a flop.

situation-omg.gif

Might as well bring me popcorns too.

i don't actually disagree with him on how vita is a flop, but i find genuinely funny how he mentioned it out of the air like that.
i also find it hard to believe how a console like the wiiU, costing $300 with such a poor launch line-up, is going to compete with the hd twins (which are most likely to get price cuts in the next months) where most of the franchises that the wiiU are getting are already established for the sequels or already out.
i guess i could be wrong and somehow the wiiu totally destroys the ps3 this year, but then again, i don't care. i just find it funny how some people think they know it all and are so blatantly obvious in their fanboyism.

Magnus

YB Wang ‏@yb_bobo 26 Aug
@yosp Excuse me Mr. Yoshida! I just have one question. Can I play my playstation 4 without TV if I have a PS VITA?

Shuhei Yoshida ‏@yosp 27 Aug
@yb_bobo Once you set it up (with a TV or a display with HDMI input), yes.

Yousaf Amir ‏@Yousii_99 7h
@yosp @yb_bobo he means if a person doesnot own a TV.....just a PS4 and VITA, then whats the solution?

Shuhei Yoshida ‏@yosp 5h
@Yousii_99 @yb_bobo buy a TV

lol

Derpcrawler

While I enjoy Shu and hit attitude, he never answered my tweets.

And not like I was spamming him with useless shit, I was asking if PS4 will finally have region free Store and DLC content.

Was pain in the ass to have Hong Kong, US and EU PSN accounts for all the DLC and codes coming with games. I just don't get why Sony can't make the DLC region free, since Microsoft has their Digital content fully region-free. And we still don't know if it will be the case with PS4 or not.

Took me a while to realise how old the thread was so I was most amused to read posts like this:

Especially as the WiiU is going to destroy the PS3 this holiday season. Seems kind of idiotic.

... upon noticing this was referring to last holiday, it somehow became even funnier.

All those Nintendo fans crowing about what a failure the Vita was while telling us all Wii U was going to destroy all comers... oh man...

Thoraxes

He is pretty great. Especially his retweets.

qvAlXCW.jpg

I even loved the messages he put on Miiverse and the ones that showed up in Nintendoland, too.

Just an all-around good guy who likes video games.

While I enjoy Shu and hit attitude, he never answered my tweets.

And not like I was spamming him with useless shit, I was asking if PS4 will finally have region free Store and DLC content.

Was pain in the ass to have Hong Kong, US and EU PSN accounts for all the DLC and codes coming with games. I just don't get why Sony can't make the DLC region free, since Microsoft has their Digital content fully region-free. And we still don't know if it will be the case with PS4 or not.

He usually ignores questions if they don't fit the PR message they want to convey. He ignored questions about the online paywall before it was announced too. Most likely they won't have a region free store.

Gamerloid

He usually ignores questions if they don't fit the PR message they want to convey. He ignored questions about the online paywall before it was announced too. Most likely they won't have a region free store.

What about the 64GB Memory Card for the Vita? If I asked when it'll come to the US will he ignore that until its public?

Derpcrawler

I hope you are wrong. :(

I have to move around the world a lot, last few years I live in Asia. Originally I am from Russia. So my main PSN account is PAL/EU. This gen I had 360 for most of the games and PS3 only for exclusives.

I can use any code from any region and buy all the DLC without switching accounts and they will work with games I buy from Play-Asia (HK and US versions). But for PS3 I have to have 4 accounts - my main, US account, Hong Kong account and UK account, unless I will import only PAL games from EU tier 2 countries. Even then some of the DLC are locked to specific SKU of the game. Like when I check DLC for some of the games there is a note "Will only work with BLESxxxx", while the PAL game I bought from shopto or Play-Asia has "BLESxxyyy" code. It's so much pain in the ass, when even games from PAL region are locked to specific SKUs. So I had to open UK account to redeem codes and buy DLCs for this kind of games.

/rant

Well why would he announce something before Sony makes the official announcement.

Guymelef

He also ignored questions about region free or DRM until E3, you know how the story ends.

Be real, Shuhei is not going to break official, unrevealed news on Twitter. Anything he tells, or clarifies, are stuff that they're already allowed to release, be it good or bad.

He's not Elon Musk, who can basically break his own company's news one day before the official announcement ( and he even hesitated to do it ).

Good new or bad, Shuhei won't respond if he can neither confirm/deny. Deal with it.

Shuhei has broken his share of bad news that he had no obligation to confirm at all, like Vita cannot be a PS4 controller or the light-bar on the DS4 not being manually turned off, yet he did.

chadskin

I want him as a playable character in every Sony-exclusive game, like PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. That'd be nuts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What I really want to know is when he's gonna get himself a GAF account. That would be awesome.

When we were at Bigbig Studios working on our Vita title Little Deviants, he was in fairly frequent contact with the studio. We would do numerous builds and demos for different stages of development and later more so for the various events (including the original NGP reveal).

He loved the deformable environment demo and basically wanted the entire game to be that, not caring about different levels, other game mechanics or such things. "I just want a playground, build me a playground to have fun!" was all he ever used to say. He obviously knew we needed to make a game with more to it than a simple level where you play about, but that's all he cared about :) He's a genuinely really nice guy and incredibly friendly and surprisingly open for someone of such authority.

The Little Deviants project didn't turn out quite how we originally planned; It was originally a 100% ground deformation based puzzle/adventure game where you would travel through levels, working out puzzles and so on. We had these machines which would convert one type of Deviant into another, or combine two to make one and so (kinda like mixing the colours in Mercury etc), but the game was incredibly hard to control and frustrating as they got more challenging. We then changed it into the mini-game collection using the different functions of the PSV, but this happened very late on in the project and as it was right to the wire! Who knows how the original concept would of gone down. A few of us on the team wanted to continue with it and experiment more with control using rear-touch, but time was against us big time.

Anyway, top guy :)

nib95

Banned
He's actually my fave Sony guy. Funny, quirky, odd, humble and honest. Even about things he shouldn't be, like staring at boobs instead of reading messages, or admitting Cage is just sleep inducing instead of actually just being tired. Lol.

RK9039

Wasn't he the guy that thought Demon's Souls was "garbage" and then it wasn't published outside of Japan until Atlus/NamcoBandai took it?

Yeah it is him.

Top Bottom