• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 declares Wii love

Fritz

From gamefront.de

Level 5 will gerne Wii-Spiel machen

20.10.07 - Level 5 zeigte sich stark interessiert daran, in Zukunft ein Wii-Spiel herzustellen. Dafür sprach sich Firmen-Chef Akihiro Hino gegenüber Inside-Games aus.

Level 5 hat u.a. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) entwickelt und arbeitet im Moment an Dragon Quest IX (NDS) und White Knight Story (PS3).

CEO Akihiro Hino says Level 5 really wants to produce a game for Wii in the future.

Another cell-shaded RPG, new IP, please!

notforchildren2.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Fritz said:
From gamefront.de

CEO Akihiro Hino says Level 5 really wants to produce a game for Wii in the future.

Another cell-shaded RPG, new IP, please!
Dragon Quest X, here we come.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Does Sony have exclusive console development with them or not?

I thought I remembered someone saying they did.

ethelred

schuelma said:

Level-5 is a completely independent company. That's why they're developing multiple games for Square Enix (Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road) and publishing their own games (the Layton trilogy and Inazuma Eleven, all four of which are on the DS).

Y2Kev said:
Level 5 is a pretty great development house I think.

I think so, too. Not the best, but pretty great.

Ninja Scooter said:
LOL don't get your hopes up it'll probably be Professor Layton's Brainy MiniGame Fest or some shit like that.

Wow, this is a really stupid post.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ethelred said:
Level-5 is a completely independent company. That's why they're developing multiple games for Square Enix (Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road) and publishing their own games (the Layton trilogy and Inazuma Eleven, all four of which are on the DS).

Thanks.

I know they develop for DS, but I thought I remembered someone on here posting that Sony had some sort of console exclusivity deal with them or something. But thanks for the correction.

schuelma said:

White Knight Story being thrown in the usual "First Party Sure-Fire hits" pile I think...

ethelred

Mejilan said:
I guess Prof. Layton's doing well enough on the DS, then?

Heh, yeah. The first Layton sold more than Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, and Rogue Galaxy combined. And I imagine Inazuma Eleven's going to huge.

-Eddman- said:
Since Camelot is no longer working with Nintendo, they just should bring us a Golden Sun 3 :D

Hell no.

clashfan said:
What you will see is what Level 5 was able to do with the ps2.

I dunno... are you trying to troll the Wii or Level-5? Cause say what you will about the Wii's relative lack of power, but Level-5's done pretty amazing visual work with every platform they've touched so far (Rogue/DQ8 on PS2, Jeanne d'Arc on PSP, DQ9/Inazuma on DS, WKS on PS3).

Not to be a downer, but there is quite a difference between "wanting" and "doing"... I'm hoping Nintendo (or anyone, really) steps up and speeds the process up a bit, helping this project materialize. Because these guys are clearly full of potential.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
ethelred said:
Heh, yeah. The first Layton sold more than Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, and Rogue Galaxy combined. And I imagine Inazuma Eleven's going to huge.

WTF, seriously? What's Inazuma Eleven? Thanks for not saying 'Rouge', btw.

Thomper

Mejilan said:
Inazuma Eleven combines Japan's most-loved genres: it's a soccer RPG.

titiklabingapat said:
Announcing thier love and announcing a couple of games are two completely different things.
Level 5 is an indepent studio, and with all the money they made on DS so far, they probably have enough money to choose for themselves what they develop for. My guess is that they'd develop for a platform they actually like, so this makes a Wii-game pretty likely.

ethelred

Mejilan said:

Inazuma Eleven is a soccer RPG they're making for the DS with Mitsuda music.

ethelred said:
I guess in some respects you could think of it as a more fleshed out RPG version of Blitzball, with a whole game built around that.

Anyway, you have a story mode, which takes place in your school, and like a standard RPG you have exploration where you can root through dressers, talk to NPCs, and the like. Through this you can also recruit a thousand (literally) different characters. Characters level up, increase their stats, can equip different abilities... The gameplay seems to consist of a field where you move your characters around by drawing paths via the stylus. When you encounter an enemy and try to steal the ball, or defend it, you go to a menu-based battle system where you use different command skills to defeat the opponent.

Here's some vids: http://www.gamespot.com/video/943160/6179708/inazuma-eleven-gameplay-movie-1
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24412.html

They gave out demos at TGS and it was hugely popular there. Their booth got swamped, they ran out of demos, and had to issue an apology in Famitsu.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Note to Level 5:

If you are not already making a game for Wii, you're doing it wrong.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
This reminds me, I need to go buy Jeanne d'Arc and Dark Cloud 2.

Stop It said:
Note to Level 5:

If you are not already making a game for Wii, you're doing it wrong.

Stop It. I want my White Knight Chronicle and a few more ps3 RPGs.

Top Bottom